Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

Advertisement
Najeh was a complete freak.

But i also remember Gore game vs i wanna say Columbus and they had a rb D-SHEP..both of them look like NFL RBS in high school...and i was like a 9th or 10th grader looking like yea this is what idv 1 athletes look like
Maaan they ran for bout six bills that night. '01 had a lot of productive backs in Dade. 1500 yards wouldn't get you in the Top 10 that year. Kinsey from Palmetto went over 2200 and finished behind Frank and Shep...

4.35………
Animated GIF

Advertisement
I hate to break up the reminiscing but is Willis McGahee the 4th any good as a DE prospect? He still has 2 more years in high school and a lot of time to grow, get stronger and improve but what is the feeling on this kid? High ceiling? High floor? Future 4 star or just meh?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sheesh.

Fine, I'll start:

I'm old enough to have reviewed his father's 2001 spring performances. Then argued with people on the internet who said he'd lose his spot to Frank Gore (he did, till the ACL) and be a bust (based on that up and down injury-plagued year in 2001, where he ended up getting some FB minutes).

BTW, he looks a ton like his dad.

he had gotten the reputation of Mr Spring. But that 02 game in Gainesville, Willis became 'the guy'. I dubbed him Willis McHeisman later that season. I still think if Chud doesn't call that dumb halfback option play vs Vatech, and gives it to Willis for his seventh TD he gets the award

I hate to break up the reminiscing but it Willis McGahee the 4th any good as a DE prospect? He still has 2 more years in high school and a lot of time to grow, get stronger and improve but what is the feeling on this kid? High ceiling? High floor? Future 4 star or just meh?
At first glance, looks like it to me. I went it wondering if he was going to be another one of our legacies who grew up in silk pajamas (Irvin II), but he looks like a dog. Good speed, good awareness on a lot of those reads and quick to react when he does. He's also a physical specimen. Listed at 6'2'' 215. Hope he continues to develop and grow.

Wow! No wonder I’m bald as a **** eagle, I got more gray in my beard than black, and it hurts like **** to do normal ****… like standing up. I’m old.🤣😂🤣
Im getting over a sinus infection. I coughed so hard a week ago I pulled a muscle in my abdomen. Now that is regular **** to hurt an old timer!

Advertisement
PS

Not to derail this convo . . . you get Frank Gore or Willis Mac . . . pre-injury for both of them as frosh at the U . . . now, who ya got?

I vividly remember a Najeh 60+ yard TD at Cincinnati, 2nd game in 1998. Down the right sideline. Thought I was watching a 180lb WR, not a 230lb RB.

Jaw-dropping.

Was a shame Najeh missed the Rose Bowl a few years later. Would have loved to see him score one, especially on the wheel routes he excelled at.

Even in the NFL he’d ball like crazy, but was always getting dinged up one way or another.

View attachment 168923
His dad was that dude! He did things humans shouldn't be able to do on the field. And he looked like the baddest MF'er doing it - the #2, with the dark visor. I cried when he blew out his knee in the championship game. Such a warrior! Hope his son continue to develop and ends up here.
When they would blast “move *****, get out the way” in the OB when he would get going was some of the sickest **** ! Good times

Advertisement
Najeh was a complete freak.

But i also remember Gore game vs i wanna say Columbus and they had a rb D-SHEP..both of them look like NFL RBS in high school...and i was like a 9th or 10th grader looking like yea this is what idv 1 athletes look like
I was at that game. Both had close to 300 yds. That other RB went to Pitt and I believe immediately had some academic issues and got booted

Advertisement
Back