Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

Advertisement
I wasn't yet a teenager in those Mcgahee Miami years, so forgive me for asking. But he was like THAT pre-knee injury, correct? Like an absolute freak of nature in terms of size/speed/explosion?
He was...but Najeh Davenport was even more of a freak...ask people in the know @gogeta4 @Cribby @Pentagon Cane etc...bout that ManChild....6'2 225lbs with 4.35 speed...If he doesn't tear his knee up against Ohio St in KO Opener in 1999...It would've been unfair...

He was...but Najeh Davenport was even more of a freak...ask people in the know @gogeta4 @Cribby @Pentagon Cane etc...bout that ManChild....6'2 225lbs with 4.35 speed...If he doesn't tear his knee up against Ohio St in KO Opener in 1999...It would've been unfair...
ND was never the same after the knee. He would’ve been special.

Advertisement
Would not have lost to Penn State and East Carolina.

At FSU and at VT, who knows, but the 1999 team is at worst a 10-2 team, Top 10, with a healthy Najeh.

Advertisement
His HS exploits get sooooo overshadowed....Ask Don Soldinger how Good he'd have been...
I vividly remember a Najeh 60+ yard TD at Cincinnati, 2nd game in 1998. Down the right sideline. Thought I was watching a 180lb WR, not a 230lb RB.

Jaw-dropping.

Was a shame Najeh missed the Rose Bowl a few years later. Would have loved to see him score one, especially on the wheel routes he excelled at.

Even in the NFL he’d ball like crazy, but was always getting dinged up one way or another.

Never knew this. Only knew what I saw on Saturdays back then.
He very well could've been the best outta all of them coming out of HS....Sure Gore got all the accolades (well deserved) but Najeh was an absolute Freak...Talk about Speed and Quickness for 6'2 225/230??....Imagine the Log Jam at RB if Najeh doesn't hurt his knee??....Imagine 2000s backfield with Najeh, Portis and James Jackson....

Advertisement
Just like Frank. He became a different type of runner after the knees. Gore really is superhuman to recover like he did and transform himself as an ironman running back. That freshman year I've never seen anybody like him.

Advertisement
I wasn't yet a teenager in those Mcgahee Miami years, so forgive me for asking. But he was like THAT pre-knee injury, correct? Like an absolute freak of nature in terms of size/speed/explosion?
Bro. I grew up with Willis and our families have been close for decades. Fucc the UM/NFL version, 8th Grade Willis McGahee was a GOT**** FREAK!!!! Physically, he was about 75-80% of what we saw in college and the league. Mutha****a was a hair under 6', bout 200 lbs and clocking 4.4's. And don't let his big playful *** sneak up on you from behind and put you in a headlock or bear hug you. I was by no means a frail middle schooler, but that cat was the strongest 14 year old I've ever seen...

Yup. I've said it before on here that pre-ACL Najeh was a smaller, waaay faster Derrick Henry or a bigger Willis, but a step or two slower. My dude was gashing OSU for 7, 8 yards a pop before that bull**** happened. Otherwise, I think Najeh was in line to go in the 1st right after EJ and be yet another Pro Cane with 8,000+ rushing yards....

Advertisement
Back