Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
He will not be eligible as a freshman for academic reasons.

I know a lot of people like to call that an "academic redshirt". The problem is, he'll be ineligible for the entire year. He can't play in 4 games, he can play in 0-point-0 games. At least with a normal "redshirt", if you have injuries or whatnot, you can burn the redshirt year and play the kid. Moise won't play until 2021.

If he does academically redshirt he’ll still practice which should give coaches a better idea of where his best position moving forward would be. I like the kid, I think the way he disengages playing DT would make him an all conference type player before he graduates

I know a lot of people like to call that an "academic redshirt". The problem is, he'll be ineligible for the entire year. He can't play in 4 games, he can play in 0-point-0 games. At least with a normal "redshirt", if you have injuries or whatnot, you can burn the redshirt year and play the kid. Moise won't play until 2021.
Honestly I dont really like the idea of any O-line man or any D-line man needing to play till year 2 or 3. Not unless they are just cant miss type prospects and theres just no way to keep them off the field. The trenches are just where grown *** men do there work and theres not to dam many young bucks that can handle that pressure and thats why our o-line was a cluster fck last year, its hands down why they were so bad. **** were still going to be a bit young this year so we still are going thru that transition of letting our guys grow up and become men.

We took Cam Williams and Huff under those conditions. Unless there's a plug-and-play starting OT to be had somewhere, this kid needs an offer letter. At the VERY LEAST, have Stroud personally find him a prep school to grey shirt at for a semester, and personally move him in like Rumph did with Jobe, hopefully with a better outcome.

Advertisement

I thought eligibility would be based off grades and scores??

Honestly I dont really like the idea of any O-line man or any D-line man needing to play till year 2 or 3. Not unless they are just cant miss type prospects and theres just no way to keep them off the field. The trenches are just where grown *** men do there work and theres not to dam many young bucks that can handle that pressure and thats why our o-line was a cluster fck last year, its hands down why they were so bad. **** were still going to be a bit young this year so we still are going thru that transition of letting our guys grow up and become men.

This is just a bunch of rationalizing. Sure, in a perfect world.

But, first, there is NO RISK to letting a pure freshman play ONE-THIRD of a season, since 4 games no longer burns a redshirt. Particularly when we have four weak-*** OOC games at the beginning of the season.

Second, four games and a couple of months of practice (summer-fall) are better for helping to determine whether a freshman deserves to play in his first year, far better than the "old days" of a kid reporting in August and taking a chance on playing him in the first game.

I'm not saying NOT to sign the kid. I am just (a) correcting the people who think he will have immediate impact, as he will not, and (b) pointing out the reason why coaches may use the last slot on someone who can have immediate impact.

Miami needs help now. Immediately. We were already calling for our coach to be fired AFTER ONE YEAR. So, yeah, while Moise would be a good signing and hopefully a quality player down the line, Miami needs help NOW.

Just being honest.

We took Cam Williams and Huff under those conditions. Unless there's a plug-and-play starting OT to be had somewhere, this kid needs an offer letter. At the VERY LEAST, have Stroud personally find him a prep school to grey shirt at for a semester, and personally move him in like Rumph did with Jobe, hopefully with a better outcome.

Moise already has an offer letter. He does not yet have an LOI.

No need for a prep school. He is already qualified.

There's no need to get crazy here. If the coaches find a top guy available in the portal between now and, say, June-July, that will be our last slot. If not, then Moise gets the LOI. Everything is frozen right now.

Advertisement
Moise already has an offer letter. He does not yet have an LOI.

No need for a prep school. He is already qualified.

There's no need to get crazy here. If the coaches find a top guy available in the portal between now and, say, June-July, that will be our last slot. If not, then Moise gets the LOI. Everything is frozen right now.

Yeah, I don't think you string this kid along until June is what I'm saying. He's been loyal, we need to show him some respect. Take the weekend to search for a GT OT, fine. But if no one bites, we should send that LOI next week.

Like Huff this year.

Last edited:
This is just a bunch of rationalizing. Sure, in a perfect world.

But, first, there is NO RISK to letting a pure freshman play ONE-THIRD of a season, since 4 games no longer burns a redshirt. Particularly when we have four weak-*** OOC games at the beginning of the season.

Second, four games and a couple of months of practice (summer-fall) are better for helping to determine whether a freshman deserves to play in his first year, far better than the "old days" of a kid reporting in August and taking a chance on playing him in the first game.

I'm not saying NOT to sign the kid. I am just (a) correcting the people who think he will have immediate impact, as he will not, and (b) pointing out the reason why coaches may use the last slot on someone who can have immediate impact.

Miami needs help now. Immediately. We were already calling for our coach to be fired AFTER ONE YEAR. So, yeah, while Moise would be a good signing and hopefully a quality player down the line, Miami needs help NOW.

Just being honest.

Good points but we aren’t in a position to pass on talented big guys.

Moise has motor and ability with enough size to play with power. Take him and develop him as an OL.

Good points but we aren’t in a position to pass on talented big guys.

Moise has motor and ability with enough size to play with power. Take him and develop him as an OL.

Take him and develop him as either**...We need both. Every 4-3 team that is successful in CFB stacks DTs. No reason to be picky about position here. 1 was light for us this year, and basically a failure if you knew Blissett was moving to DE... Get him in. Stupidity not to.

Not to mention Blissett was the DT we heard the most good things about (by far)...So who knows what we have in the other two.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Take him and develop him as either**...We need both. Every 4-3 team that is successful in CFB stacks DTs. No reason to be picky about position here. 1 was light for us this year, and basically a failure if you knew Blissett was moving to DE... Get him in. Stupidity not to.

Not to mention Blissett was the DT we heard the most good things about (by far)...So who knows what we have in the other two.
It’s not (by far) in fact Holley and Harrison hunte have made far more noise than blissett did in the spring practices they did get in. Miami staff seem to be high on both of those guys at dt based on their comments and in regards on what stroud said on his interview it seems as though blissett to de is not exactly set in stone in the foreseeable future. He’s there now but could still end up at dt.

regardless get moise in by any means. I’m Done with giving up a roster spot for a guy who has at most 1 year of eligibility left as a grad transfer. Let’s get moise in and have a talented interior guy on either side of the ball for 4 years

Last edited:
It’s not (by far) in fact Holley and Harrison hunte have made far more noise than blissett did in the spring practices they did get in. Miami staff seem to be high on both of those guys at dt based on their comments and in regards on what stroud said on his interview it seems as though blissett to de is not exactly set in stone in the foreseeable future. He’s there now but could still end up at dt.

regardless get moise in by any means. I’m Done with giving up a roster spot for a guy who has at most 1 year of eligibility left as a grad transfer. Let’s get moise in and have a talented interior guy on either side of the ball for 4 years

lol 4 little practices this year vs the entire time they’ve been in campus befoe that

Ok Brock

OL is a bigger need than DT and Moise looks better at OL than DT (in my opinion).

We will see how it plays out but I don’t think he’s quite as athletic as the other young guys we have at DT. He would be our most athletic OG on Day 1.

Advertisement
lol 4 little practices this year vs the entire time they’ve been in campus befoe that

Ok Brock
I mean their message about all 3 of them last fall was they felt like they hit the jackpot at dt with that class. So they all got praise, they raved about the dts this spring though

OL is a bigger need than DT and Moise looks better at OL than DT (in my opinion).

We will see how it plays out but I don’t think he’s quite as athletic as the other young guys we have at DT. He would be our most athletic OG on Day 1.

"Athletic" is only some of the game...And both are big needs, especially if not plug and play and especially with Blissett being moved.

"Athletic" is only some of the game...And both are big needs, especially if not plug and play and especially with Blissett being moved.

JHH and Holley will play big snaps. Ford, Nesta and Miller have all played. Elijah Roberts and Blissett will still play passing downs and may eventually move over full time.

At guard, we have Scaife and Clarke (a natural center). That’s it.

JHH and Holley will play big snaps. Ford, Nesta and Miller have all played. Elijah Roberts and Blissett will still play passing downs and may eventually move over full time.

At guard, we have Scaife and Clarke (a natural center). That’s it.

offensive line needs help

but we have more than that at guard obviously. No need to exaggerate.

and why would they move blissett to the best position on the team if they plan to move them back?

and yes i’m already counting Roberts as a DT

Advertisement
Back