Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

and why would they move blissett to the best position on the team if they plan to move him back

Best way to get him on the field at his current weight. DE first two downs and DT on passing downs. He should only get stronger and heavier as he gets older so he may move back there full time.

Advertisement
Best way to get him on the field at his current weight. DE first two downs and DT on passing downs. He should only get stronger and heavier as he gets older so he may move back there full time.

yes that would mean he’s having trouble gaining the weight. May use him a little at both..,but not gonna play with the kids weight whole career and back and forth. He’s entering year 2 now...they certainly aren’t gonna say let’s keep your weight down to be 4th and 5th stringer and then maybe we’ll move you back and try this weight gain thing all over again.

Last edited:
JHH and Holley will play big snaps. Ford, Nesta and Miller have all played. Elijah Roberts and Blissett will still play passing downs and may eventually move over full time.

At guard, we have Scaife and Clarke (a natural center). That’s it.

Don't forget RS sophomore Cleveland Reed at OG also.

Go Canes

He will not be eligible as a freshman for academic reasons.

I know a lot of people like to call that an "academic redshirt". The problem is, he'll be ineligible for the entire year. He can't play in 4 games, he can play in 0-point-0 games. At least with a normal "redshirt", if you have injuries or whatnot, you can burn the redshirt year and play the kid. Moise won't play until 2021.

ok??

Advertisement
So after speaking with my buddy he tells me Willie is all set with the score and is working to raise the GPA with the online classes. He's working his tail off to be a CANE and I super excited for him. Kid is what all S. FL kids should be like. A True CANE!

So after speaking with my buddy he tells me Willie is all set with the score and is working to raise the GPA with the online classes. He's working his tail off to be a CANE and I super excited for him. Kid is what all S. FL kids should be like. A True CANE!

This kid was at a private school and doing this bad?

Advertisement
So it sounds like Moise will make it in. Makes me feel better for DT depth with Blissett and possibly Roberts at DE. I think Moise will redshirt and move to OL and I think Roberts will do what MacIntosh and Willis did. Start at DE and move to DT. Would we have 1 spot left? Also, shouldn’t we have another spot available too because of the Asa Martin transfer?

doesnt make sense to me. I thought his issue was a test score and not Grades

That may have been his "final" issue (most recently), but the fact that a couple of the sportswriters have confirmed that the coaches said he would not be eligible in Y1 is an indication that he did not have the required classes and grades at the BEGINNING of his senior year.

Advertisement

And THIS is why he will be an "academic redshirt".

Let's review. Kid was from Valdosta. Transferred to Chaminade. Also transferred to Edgewater High (Orlando) in his senior year to work on his academics. Got a qualifying SAT score after National Signing Day. Still working to re-take certain classes to raise his GPA and/or get his core curriculum completed.

Pretty much the DEFINITION of what the NCAA intends to do with the "academic redshirt" rule.

I’m fine with moving Moise to OL if that’s a naturally better fit. But if the reason to move him there is simply because OL is lacking, that’s not fair to the kid or to the program.

An underrated part of recruiting that goes beyond the ranking is the consistency of an entire roster. Just because you got 4 DT’s last year doesn’t mean it’s okay to have 0 this year. We got 4 because we were lacking in the first place. With Blissett moving to DE and Elijah not 100% at either just yet, you need to back up the 4 from 2019 with numbers this year too.

DT will go from a lot of depth to no depth very quickly if you overlook it because you got 4 (now 3) last year.

And THIS is why he will be an "academic redshirt".

Let's review. Kid was from Valdosta. Transferred to Chaminade. Also transferred to Edgewater High (Orlando) in his senior year to work on his academics. Got a qualifying SAT score after National Signing Day. Still working to re-take certain classes to raise his GPA and/or get his core curriculum completed.

Pretty much the DEFINITION of what the NCAA intends to do with the "academic redshirt" rule.
Ok that makes sense

Advertisement
I’m fine with moving Moise to OL if that’s a naturally better fit. But if the reason to move him there is simply because OL is lacking, that’s not fair to the kid or to the program.

An underrated part of recruiting that goes beyond the ranking is the consistency of an entire roster. Just because you got 4 DT’s last year doesn’t mean it’s okay to have 0 this year. We got 4 because we were lacking in the first place. With Blissett moving to DE and Elijah not 100% at either just yet, you need to back up the 4 from 2019 with numbers this year too.

DT will go from a lot of depth to no depth very quickly if you overlook it because you got 4 (now 3) last year.

Just curious because I can't remember but who was the last good DT that we switched to OL and succeeded? I personally think Willie will be great at either position.

Just curious because I can't remember but who was the last good DT that we switched to OL and succeeded? I personally think Willie will be great at either position.
Can’t even remember. Last was IIRC Tre Johnson from 2016 who was basically just a filler for the class and left after a year.

probably not “good”, but Jeremy Lewis was a capable offensive lineman as a senior after switching from DT

Advertisement
Back