Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Why is it a bad system, can you imagine how much of a ***** up you have to be to not be qualified. Hope we land him but dont get it mixed up the coaches, NCAA, the fan base and mostly Mr. Moise could care less about being a student
And? Is he a future professor?

Advertisement
Lol. Yeah he’ll definitely have to work til May, but she says he’s a sweet kid and definitely focused on getting his scores and grades tight... so my guess is that he’ll be ready by the summer.

Just a referral but you may want to suggest your wife set him Willie up with a

Free SAT/ACT/GRE testing
https://www.number2.com/

Account an then find a teacher or counselor willing to be his proctor an receive progress reports on his Prep testing progress. The site is free and adaptive so it will focus on his deficiencies.

Go canes

Advertisement
Maybe Moise has a LD as well?

If so, he needs to get it documented, and get it factored into SAT administration (extra time, etc.) and coursework.

This isn't complicated.

I'm sure that UM has looked into this, if both UM and Moise are backing away from the LOI signing.

Miami has done well getting kids admitted for the past eight years or so.

If Moise gets in and plays OL, it is huge boost to a group that needs it.

While OL is the bigger need, let's not make it like we don't need him at DT. The way to recruit the DT position is just how all the top schools do it, throw numbers at it, and we are unproven there after top 3...despite having a lot of hopes for the redshirt frosh.

Either way Moise is a huge loss

I understand taking a counter is a big deal, but I think it's pretty safe to say they will change the rule based not only how kids are transferring, but the way the NCAA is handing out play now waivers for free

So this kid is now at Edgewater High and they are certainly working to get him eligible to play college ball. Chaminade wasn’t doing anything for the kid to get thru NCAA clearinghouse.

wtf..Kids usually qualify at that private school..going on 2 years in a row they have kids not qualifying for us. For him to go all the way toe dgewater is a bit odd to.

While OL is the bigger need, let's not make it like we don't need him at DT. The way to recruit the DT position is just how all the top schools do it, throw numbers at it, and we are unproven there after top 3...despite having a lot of hopes for the redshirt frosh.

Either way Moise is a huge loss

I understand taking a counter is a big deal, but I think it's pretty safe to say they will change the rule based not only how kids are transferring, but the way the NCAA is handing out play now waivers for free

They are NOT going to change the "IC loss for an academic non-qualifier" over "issues related to transfers". Two completely different things.

They JUST CREATED the penalty for signing academic non-qualifiers, they are not going to reverse course so quickly just because "kids transfer".

This rule will not change anytime soon, as it is designed to punish schools that take academically risky kids who fail to get eligible, even though they have had at least a year to prepare.

Advertisement
They are NOT going to change the "IC loss for an academic non-qualifier" over "issues related to transfers". Two completely different things.

They JUST CREATED the penalty for signing academic non-qualifiers, they are not going to reverse course so quickly just because "kids transfer".

This rule will not change anytime soon, as it is designed to punish schools that take academically risky kids who fail to get eligible, even though they have had at least a year to prepare.

No I'm talking signing overall numbers and non-counters...The issue isn't the reason, it's the fact we don't have room to risk

I'm saying they will change the rule, and make more overall room and flexibility for rosters

I don’t know this kid’s issue so this isn’t necessarily directed at him. Usually when a high schooler is having an issue with NCAA clearinghouse, especially from a private school, it’s not his grades but his completion of academic “core courses”. Graduation requirements at private schools are often different from public schools so it’s possible he was taking and passing necessary classes to graduate Chaminade and stay eligible for football but not the classes required by the NCAA. I believe the NCAA requires you maintain at least a 2.0 gpa in their core academic courses to receive an athletic scholarship. You can’t just take a bunch of electives and pass the bare minimum academic courses to graduate high school. The minimum to graduate high school is not the same as the minimum to sign a LOI.

So this kid is now at Edgewater High and they are certainly working to get him eligible to play college ball. Chaminade wasn’t doing anything for the kid to get thru NCAA clearinghouse.
Wow, really?!? Not a good look for Chaminade. These schools do pay the tuition for athletes to attend their program, but not moving a pinky to help the kid qualify will definitely end up biting them in the *** come HS Transfer season

and yes, I know...

There was some more info on the 247 podcast this afternoon - apparently his grades were in a worse state than either Cam or Avery Huff. And there is also an issue with the standardized test score so it's a doubly whammy right now.

They do not expect him to sign an LOI with Miami tomorrow either. He may sign a Financial aid agreement and then be able to enroll when he gets his academics straightened out.

Advertisement
Both Cam Williams and Moise transferred into Chaminade so they may have been short credits going into it. Chaminade and the other religious based private schools require a religion class of some sort each year which puts transfers behind the ball. You can also only take so many credits over the summer there so if he failed 2 classes and was already behind, this makes sense. Not really the schools fault.

If he went to Heritage, he'd be all set as they would have just tossed him into "the academy". Lol

I just find it strange that he transferred from Chaminade to EDGEWATER to "improve his grades".

Edgewater is...not...the finest academic institution. If I had grown up a half-mile further to the south, I would have gone to Edgewater. I was the beneficiary of being on the right side of the Orange-Seminole county line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back