Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Cause private schools don’t really care about these athletes past the field. They let em play with no checks and balance, but when it comes to getting into college they’re stuck. Marc Britt left Chaminade for that same reason. As well as other players.
So he might as well have gone to the worst public HS in the city.

Advertisement
I know I'm going to catch flack for this and it isn't directed at Moise because I know he isn't the first to have this problem and won't be the last, but the minimum requirement to pass the clearing house is a 2.0 in the 4 core course areas SAT/ACT scores are on a sliding scale based on this GPA that is asking a kid to have a C average...

If you're a HS athlete who aspires to receive a scholarship for any college sport and can't maintain a C average with only a high school academic work load and workout schedule, how do they expect to manage a college class load and a way busier athletic schedule.

Before you post crap like this go take a look at that sliding scale a "C" Average student would a high test score to offset those low classroom grades and chances are they won't score anywhere near what's needed. Hence it's better for the recruits to focus on getting their grades up by changing schools.

Also it speaks volumes about the kids drive to qualify for a D1 scholarship that he moved 3 hrs away to Orlando, Fl just for a better education. He could have tried Florida Virtual school and stayed in south Florida but instead he transferred to Edgewater HS where they actually teach. He will probably have take summer school and Florida Virtual school to get his grades in order.

His best bet at this point is to see a physician an hope he can be diagnosed with a learning disability in which the NCAA academic requirements are more lenient.

Bama has used that loop hole for years

Go Canes

Last edited:
He has grade problems but I really hope he makes it into this class at some point. Dude could legit be a player on either side of the ball on the line. Even if he can't register till the last possible date, get him in!
I think he is a good talent and cane at heart but we can’t go through what florida went through last gave multiple kids scholarship who couldn’t even get in to the school due to academics

Edgewater HS in Orlando,Fl is a good academic school with a lot of resources for their students , they draw on that college park money.

Go Canes
Yep. My wife leads it. That’s how I know so much about the school. She surprised me when she told me a kid committed to Miami was now in her program. I thought she was talking about Christian Leary, but she already works with him, but Found out it was Willie who transferred up to Orlando to get right!

Advertisement
Before you post crap like this go take a look at that sliding scale a "C" Average student would a high test score to offset those low classroom grades and chances are they won't score anywhere near what's needed. Hence it's better for the recruits to focus on getting their grades up by changing schools.

Also it speaks volumes about the kids drive to qualify for a D1 scholarship that he moved 3 hrs away to Orlando, Fl just for a better education. He could have tried Florida Virtual school and stayed in south Florida but instead he transferred to Edgewater HS where they actually teach and hold kids accountable.

His best bet at this point is to see a physician an hope he can be diagnosed with a learning disability in which the NCAA academic requirements are more lenient.

Go Canes
You clearly didn’t read my post or maybe didn’t understand it because I specifically
said I wasn’t directing anything at Moise.

My point was there is a greater issue at hand when it comes to student-athletes academically qualifying for college scholarships. There’s certainly an argument for schools not caring beyond the field, and there is certainly an argument for coaches and guidance counselors not thoroughly understanding what is necessary to see their student-athletes qualify for the next level.

Yep. My wife leads it. That’s how I know so much about the school. She surprised me when she told me a kid committed to Miami was now in her program. I thought she was talking about Christian Leary, but she already works with him, but Found out it was Willie who transferred up to Orlando to get right!

Soooo can we expect some home cooking to help a future cane out! :hh9beelfgeoezuwg.jpg:

Go Canes

I know I'm going to catch flack for this and it isn't directed at Moise because I know he isn't the first to have this problem and won't be the last, but the minimum requirement to pass the clearing house is a 2.0 in the 4 core course areas SAT/ACT scores are on a sliding scale based on this GPA that is asking a kid to have a C average...

If you're a HS athlete who aspires to receive a scholarship for any college sport and can't maintain a C average with only a high school academic work load and workout schedule, how do they expect to manage a college class load and a way busier athletic schedule.
Try again first of all um doesn't use the sliding scale and athletes must have at least 2.5 GPA and a score of 17/820 on the act and sat to qualify for um

Try again first of all um doesn't use the sliding scale and athletes must have at least 2.5 GPA and a score of 17/820 on the act and sat to qualify for um
As I said the NCAA Clearing House or Eligibility Center as it's now known as has the those requirements.

Advertisement

Wrong.

UM uses the sliding scale BUT has a minimum SAT score requirement. So, "half" of the sliding scale.

In addition, UM is FAR MORE focused on the high school core classes, Miami wants to make sure students can make "academic progress", which they can't do if they spend the entire freshman year taking remedial non-degree-credit courses.

Also it speaks volumes about the kids drive to qualify for a D1 scholarship that he moved 3 hrs away to Orlando, Fl just for a better education. He could have tried Florida Virtual school and stayed in south Florida but instead he transferred to Edgewater HS where they actually teach. He will probably have take summer school and Florida Virtual school to get his grades in order.

Go Canes
Didn't Frank Gore qualify at UM that way? And, yes, kudos to this young man for trying to get things in order and not taking the easiest way to do that.

Advertisement
As I said the NCAA Clearing House or Eligibility Center as it's now known as has the those requirements.
The issue is that these kids have no accountability when they’re 14, 15, 16 years old, but by the time they get to college they understand things a little better. They understand the importance of an education and getting **** done. So to compare a young academic in HS to college isn’t really saying much. Especially for young gifted black athlete kid.

Cause private schools don’t really care about these athletes past the field. They let em play with no checks and balance, but when it comes to getting into college they’re stuck. Marc Britt left Chaminade for that same reason. As well as other players.
A school like chaminade, that’s not true. I went to that school and the football players were required to get a sheet filled out weekly showing their grades. If they didn’t have the grades, they didn’t play. That school takes education seriously. This school is harder than most so maybe that’s why. And quite frankly when you get to college, teachers don’t care who you are. It’s your job to pass your classes and study. They are not there to hold your hand. That’s how this school is designed.

Last edited:
Need this kid...I'd probably gamble that the rule is gonna change and let him sign. Bet on the come, because no way all these numbers limits and counter rules can stay in effect with the mass transfers.

Advertisement
Wrong.

UM uses the sliding scale BUT has a minimum SAT score requirement. So, "half" of the sliding scale.

In addition, UM is FAR MORE focused on the high school core classes, Miami wants to make sure students can make "academic progress", which they can't do if they spend the entire freshman year taking remedial non-degree-credit courses.
Whatever the case for the Miami's academics. Both espn shows called - The U, parts 1 and 2; The school had no issue with showing in the 1980's when the football programs best players were always VIP before celebrities & the dolphins.

That was when they were hands down the very best or always in contention for the A.P. national championship, making the school extra money; The first show had the players talk how they whooped the gators team before one sugar bowl, without any Hurricane losing their fight.

I only live in Connecticut, but became a fan based on always watching the NFL draft with interest in more than the Jets having 32 other teams; I don't recalling at all the schools bosses having any issue about "Bragging" about the programs glory days.

Didn't Frank Gore qualify at UM that way? And, yes, kudos to this young man for trying to get things in order and not taking the easiest way to do that.

FRANK GORE HAD DYSLEXIA. A CERTIFIED LEARNING DISABILITY.

When are people going to stop throwing "Frank Gore" around, as if that is some sort of rationale for admitting players who have low grades and/or test scores? There was a reason Frank Gore struggled in school, and UM assisted him in overcoming his LD.

Whatever the case for the Miami's academics. Both espn shows called - The U, parts 1 and 2; The school had no issue with showing in the 1980's when the football programs best players were always VIP before celebrities & the dolphins.

That was when they were hands down the very best or always in contention for the A.P. national championship, making the school extra money; The first show had the players talk how they whooped the gators team before one sugar bowl, without any Hurricane losing their fight.

I only live in Connecticut, but became a fan based on always watching the NFL draft with interest in more than the Jets having 32 other teams; I don't recalling at all the schools bosses having any issue about "Bragging" about the programs glory days.

The rules have changed. The academic progress rules are much more recent.

We have to deal with this new set of circumstances and stop talking about what was allowed back in the 1980s.

Advertisement
Back