Willie actually got Briles

I feel that this next season will likely skew things for FSU. At least on paper, it's a **** of a lot softer then the 5-7 **** they just produced. Instead of Notre Dame they play South 'Bama, UVA instead of Va. Tech, they get us at home, etc. They could pull out 7-8 wins from that mess and it'l look better on paper. Only part of Whistling Willie I do fear is his ability to get big time kids into their class if he actually does win some games.

FSU getting 7 wins would be perfect. It’ll buy Willie another year and a half.

Advertisement
He's doesn't need to though to beat our ***. I'm not worried about them winning the ACC - that ain't happening - but us with classes in the 30's and them in the 10's we're still f*cked as long as Richt is here.

He's doesn't need to though to beat our ***. I'm not worried about them winning the ACC - that ain't happening - but us with classes in the 30's and them in the 10's we're still f*cked as long as Richt is here.

Let’s let Willie win a bowl game for the first time before we start proclaiming we are “****ed” due to his honeymoon class.

Advertisement
Ok, agreed. But admittedly his song and dance show only lost to us by 1 at home this year. Not a great start.

The guy has 57 career losses in 9 years. He averages over six losses per year. He’s a disaster. It’s one game, and was the biggest blown lead in the history of the series.

The guy has 57 career losses in 9 years. He averages over six losses per year. He’s a disaster. It’s one game, and was the biggest blown lead in the history of the series.
Yes, and hence why the Briles, Clements, etc. additions are significant. Fewer ways for him to ***** **** up. Maybe their admin has figured out to let him dance around and recruit (like Dabo and what CMR should be doing) and get assistants in there to actually run stuff. That was my only point.

Yes, and hence why the Briles, Clements, etc. additions are significant. Fewer ways for him to ***** **** up. Maybe their admin has figured out to let him dance around and recruit (like Dabo and what CMR should be doing) and get assistants in there to actually run stuff. That was my only point.

I disagree that they are significant. Willie is a loser and assistant coaches don’t change that. It’s no different than Randy hiring Bill Young in 2008.

Advertisement
Huh? Mark's a stubborn old fool. But please explain this to me considering they've lost to us the last 2 meetings.
Doesn’t matter. They’re future is way brighter than ours. They won a national title a few years back so this is their downyear. We haven’t done crap in the past decade and we’re stuck in mediocrity while they’re recruiting better than us and coaching better than us. We should be the top team in Florida right now considering how long we’ve been at the bottom. We should be the king of the ACC

Doesn’t matter. They’re future is way brighter than ours. They won a national title a few years back so this is their downyear. We haven’t done crap in the past decade and we’re stuck in mediocrity while they’re recruiting better than us and coaching better than us. We should be the top team in Florida right now considering how long we’ve been at the bottom. We should be the king of the ACC
While I like the enthusiasm, Clemson is a monster program until further notice. Neither Richt or Dancin' Willie will be able to handle them at least as long as the Lawrence kid is there.

This doesn't make sense. Willie still is the HC and he's beyond suspect. They won a national title with a generation type QB with their prior HC. We *should* be the king of the ACC, why? Because we should easily knock off Clemson?

Advertisement
At the moment, FSU and Miami could probably make up one team of the best 85 an we'd still get run by 2 scores against Dabo.

This is one of those threads where no one will admit to pumping up Briles when he turns out to be just another guy against a legitimate schedule.

Briles May turn out to be garbage, he may turn out to be GOAT. Either way, at least FSU is trying to fix their issues. FSU fans, as disgusting and classless as they are, at least have some reason to be hopeful beyond just blind loyalty.

Advertisement
The Arizona Cardinals HC is apparently out of a job after only 1 year. Yet another example of how "the process" excuse doesn't buy time. If somethin aint working,...it aint working.

I disagree that they are significant. Willie is a loser and assistant coaches don’t change that.

Sh***ing on opponents is the easiest thing in the world to do. Now let's cut thru the b.s. and get to UM stuff....

A guy that led a below-90th ranked offense here is going yet again volunteer for double-duties, strap it up and call plays yet again next year.

His offenses havent done much in the time he's been here, yet his son is waiting for his 1 good year so he can be promoted.

At this point,...I don't even think he wants to call plays. It certainly doesn't look like he wants to call them in 2nd halves,...and that's been his consistent M.O. as a UM coach. By now,...it's pretty clear that it doesn't help him do his "job" as a CEO and with no other valid reason,...he appears to only be doing it so no one is in his son's way of a job as a coordinator IMO.

Instead of having an offensive playcaller to blame and pitch his "experience" and "oversight" to recruits,...he is happily falling on the sword and downgrading our recruiting classes if it means his son gets to wait in the wings.

Critical Question: Do you think he's earned the right to freely experiment with our program and our offense in this way (i.e., continue to be this program's playcaller) for a 4th straight year?

#AllThatMatters

Interesting that everyone keeps saying that all the good OCs are off the market. IMO, the best of them all is Bill Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma, who co-designed the Oklahoma offense (producing the last two Heisman winners), plus he checks the box as being one of the most elite OL coaches in the country, plus he is a stud OL recruiter. Oh, and he makes 600k, has said he wants to find a job as the playcalling OC, and his best bud, Lincoln Riley, is almost certainly NFL bound. As far as I know, Kendal Briles doesn't recruit OL (although he can mask some deficiencies with playcalling); whereas Bedenbaugh could actually recruit better OL and teach them. He also isn't associated with covering up rapes and one slip up away from having the NCAA all over him (which doesn't bode well for his employer, either). IMO, Miami could checkmate FSU by hiring Bedenbaugh.

I’m all for it. But how to convince the admin, that’s the hurdle.

The Arizona Cardinals HC is apparently out of a job after only 1 year. Yet another example of how "the process" excuse doesn't buy time. If somethin aint working,...it aint working.

Sh***ing on opponents is the easiest thing in the world to do. Now let's cut thru the b.s. and get to UM stuff....

A guy that led a below-90th ranked offense here is going yet again volunteer for double-duties, strap it up and call plays yet again next year.

His offenses havent done much in the time he's been here, yet his son is waiting for his 1 good year so he can be promoted.

At this point,...I don't even think he wants to call plays. It certainly doesn't look like he wants to call them in 2nd halves,...and that's been his consistent M.O. as a UM coach. By now,...it's pretty clear that it doesn't help him do his "job" as a CEO and with no other valid reason,...he appears to only be doing it so no one is in his son's way of a job as a coordinator IMO.

Instead of having an offensive playcaller to blame and pitch his "experience" and "oversight" to recruits,...he is happily falling on the sword and downgrading our recruiting classes if it means his son gets to wait in the wings.

Critical Question: Do you think he's earned the right to freely experiment with our program and our offense in this way (i.e., continue to be this program's playcaller) for a 4th straight year?

#AllThatMatters

Spot on.

Richt's so preoccupied with nepotism & His playbook, that He doesn't even realize the negative turmoil in the locker-room.

The JT saga was something that should've been handled awhile back, you could see this kid was gonna be an issue if you watched the 89 Blocks documentary.

Lastly, it shouldn't have taken Williams threatening to transfer, to tell Him what He needed to work on to compete for the starting job next year.

This doesn't make sense. Willie still is the HC and he's beyond suspect. They won a national title with a generation type QB with their prior HC. We *should* be the king of the ACC, why? Because we should easily knock off Clemson?
As least Will can recruit better than us in a down year. That’s disappointing

We should be the king of the ACC but we have a terrible coach who can’t recruit or coach. It’s the ACC, there’s only one top dog and that’s Clemson could you imagine if we were in the SEC

Advertisement
Back