Willie actually got Briles

Why am I not surprised that this fan base cherry picks one game from Briles' catalog to try and disprove his offensive prowess? Most smart fans were screaming for Richt to hire Briles. Now all of a suddenly he's a bum because the entire program checked out of a bowl game?

Even if you say that Daddy's fingerprints were over the offenses at Baylor in '15 & '16, you can't say that about his time at FAU and Houston.

He took FAU from the 80th scoring offense in 2016 to the 8th scoring offense in 2017 (26.4 ppg to 40.6 ppg).
He took Houston from the 65th scoring offense in 2017 to the 6th scoring offense this season (28.3 ppg to 43.9 ppg).

He learned at the side of one of the best offensive minds this game has ever seen. He put up silly numbers with power 5 leftovers. What's he gonna do with actual blue chip recruits?

You providing too much facts and common sense to most of the porsters that think our O is going to be better next season. Willie up there making upgrades why we will stick in shltty offense and overrated Defense. UFag going to destroy us 1st game of the season and we will end up 7-5/8-6 again

Advertisement
Willie had no choice to. Richt has a son to gamble with and hopefully backdoor him into being our next playcaller.

Big difference.

Willie had no choice to. Richt has a son to gamble with and hopefully backdoor him into being our next playcaller.

Big difference.

Total bull****. Willie was actually in year one. So he actually had a built in excuse. Richt is in year 3...going into year 4 and there is no change on the horizon. Stop making excuses Richt and stop with your blatant hate for Willie Taggart.

This is one of those threads where no one will admit to pumping up Briles when he turns out to be just another guy against a legitimate schedule.

Advertisement
Your kidding, They lost there only impact player to the nfl. They losing another top dt to nfl. They losing one of there top 2 running backs and several starters off there crap offensive line with nobody to replace them. They have 2 scholly quarterbacks and the starter is the most hated man in Tallahassee who might not even return. There recruiting was aweful and several of there top recruits haven't committed yet. They hire an o.c. from the conference with probably the worst defensive teams where every team scores 50 every game, and everybody here acts like they brought Bill Walsh from the dead. Yes they improved, ROFL.

Interesting that everyone keeps saying that all the good OCs are off the market. IMO, the best of them all is Bill Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma, who co-designed the Oklahoma offense (producing the last two Heisman winners), plus he checks the box as being one of the most elite OL coaches in the country, plus he is a stud OL recruiter. Oh, and he makes 600k, has said he wants to find a job as the playcalling OC, and his best bud, Lincoln Riley, is almost certainly NFL bound. As far as I know, Kendal Briles doesn't recruit OL (although he can mask some deficiencies with playcalling); whereas Bedenbaugh could actually recruit better OL and teach them. He also isn't associated with covering up rapes and one slip up away from having the NCAA all over him (which doesn't bode well for his employer, either). IMO, Miami could checkmate FSU by hiring Bedenbaugh.

I like Bedenbaugh as well, sadly I think all speculation is moot since CMR is not going hire anyone. I don't think FSU becomes a big contender right away as there is a lot of QB and OL work needed, but this move can't be spun as a positive for us. Especially there are at least 100 individual posts on the boards here where we wanted to go all in for Briles to revolutionize our offense.

I like Bedenbaugh as well, sadly I think all speculation is moot since CMR is not going hire anyone. I don't think FSU becomes a big contender right away as there is a lot of QB and OL work needed, but this move can't be spun as a positive for us. Especially there are at least 100 individual posts on the boards here where we wanted to go all in for Briles to revolutionize our offense.

Yup. A normal coach in Richt's situation hires Bedenbaugh. In this case, Richt wants to do it his way, not the winning way.

Advertisement
FSU will always own us. Even when they’re at their worst they’re still better than us. We’re a joke with Marky at the helm.

It is concerning coming off a 10 win season that we won on a last second pass and them basically s*itting the bed this year. Although, all the games are pretty close historically.

Advertisement

Well, the one scintilla of hope is that since Oklahoma is currently in the playoff picture, even if there was a deal in place, no announcement would be made until after the end of the post-season (would be terrible for team morale IMO). I also think Bedenbaugh would wait to see what Riley is doing. Riley isn't giving up playcalling, so if Bedenbaugh wants to be a HC one day as he has said, he needs to get out of Norman. So if Riley stays, Bedenbaugh might be open to leaving. If Riley goes, then Bedenbaugh will wait to see if he is promoted to the playcalling OC. If the next HC brings his own OC with him, then again, I think Bedenbaugh bolts. So out of the 3 scenarios, in 2 of them I see Bedenbaugh open to leaving. Since Rick hasn't made a move yet, there is still the tiniest chance that Rick has been waiting to talk to Bedenbaugh. I did try to introduce them to each other via Twitter (and it can't just be a coincidence that Oklahoma and Bedenbaugh will be in Miami in a couple of weeks).

Advertisement
Well, the one scintilla of hope is that since Oklahoma is currently in the playoff picture, even if there was a deal in place, no announcement would be made until after the end of the post-season (would be terrible for team morale IMO). I also think Bedenbaugh would wait to see what Riley is doing. Riley isn't giving up playcalling, so if Bedenbaugh wants to be a HC one day as he has said, he needs to get out of Norman. So if Riley stays, Bedenbaugh might be open to leaving. If Riley goes, then Bedenbaugh will wait to see if he is promoted to the playcalling OC. If the next HC brings his own OC with him, then again, I think Bedenbaugh bolts. So out of the 3 scenarios, in 2 of them I see Bedenbaugh open to leaving. Since Rick hasn't made a move yet, there is still the tiniest chance that Rick has been waiting to talk to Bedenbaugh. I did try to introduce them to each other via Twitter (and it can't just be a coincidence that Oklahoma and Bedenbaugh will be in Miami in a couple of weeks).
I would think BB would need assurances though, ideally in writing, that he would have the OC reigns and not be a CMR puppet in the role.

FSU will always own us. Even when they’re at their worst they’re still better than us. We’re a joke with Marky at the helm.

Huh? Mark's a stubborn old fool. But please explain this to me considering they've lost to us the last 2 meetings.

This is one of those threads where no one will admit to pumping up Briles when he turns out to be just another guy against a legitimate schedule.

Briles is probably a good OC, but coordinators don’t mean much when your program is an absolute disaster. Houston’s record improved by a whopping one game with Briles. Know why? Because Major Applewhite is an average coach.

The guys losing their minds in this thread probably thought Randy was “trending up” when he hired Bill Young.

Briles is probably a good OC, but coordinators don’t mean much when your program is an absolute disaster. Houston’s record improved by a whopping one game with Briles. Know why? Because Major Applewhite is an average coach.

The guys losing their minds in this thread probably thought Randy was “trending up” when he hired Bill Young.

I feel that this next season will likely skew things for FSU. At least on paper, it's a **** of a lot softer then the 5-7 **** they just produced. Instead of Notre Dame they play South 'Bama, UVA instead of Va. Tech, they get us at home, etc. They could pull out 7-8 wins from that mess and it'l look better on paper. Only part of Whistling Willie I do fear is his ability to get big time kids into their class if he actually does win some games.

Advertisement
Back