2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

Advertisement
Honestly...is 5 WR out of the question? With this being (most likely) a larger class than normal, plus the abundance of questions we have pertaining to the current unit?

No idea how it'll shake out, and four is probably the sweet spot (with 3 more likely than 5), but I could see it. We only brought in two last class if you count Young as the summer addition. Maybe it's 3-4 high school guys and then a portal guy or two, just spitballing.
I would say given how aggressively our staff tried to add more to the team and they openly said they need more from the guys here

The whole **** roster is on notice

Just watched about half of his highlight tape from his junior year. 6’3 200 and an apparent 4.4-4.5 is a take for sure, but it looked like his competition is buns and that makes me feel uneasy lol. Am i the only one?

Advertisement
Jalen Brown
I don’t know how this guy is a fIve star , it’s one of the crazier evaluations I’ve seen. Anyone that see‘s him in person comes away unimpressed. I hear the same things like “ he’s straight line fast but sloppy routes, below average , to bad hands and isn’t the biggest / most physical guy”. It’s like I’m reading the same persons breakdown lol.

I don’t know how this guy is a fIve star , it’s one of the crazier evaluations I’ve seen. Anyone that see‘s him in person comes away unimpressed. I hear the same things like “ he’s straight line fast but sloppy routes, below average , to bad hands and isn’t the biggest / most physical guy”. It’s like I’m reading the same persons breakdown lol.
Speed is the #1 deodorant.

Having a highly rated player like this in your back yard is kind of a nightmare scenario for a coach. It's almost one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. Whereas it feels like you need to sign him for the optics, but 3 years later people are likely complaining about you having not developed a 5 star guy.

Advertisement
A wr that can’t run crisp routes or catch and has average size ? I just don’t get it. If that’s how we’re evaluating go get a track guy and call him a five star.

Unless I've missed it, he's a nice track guy in high school but not a track guy in college. 10.7 is his best 100m time, is there better out there?

Also don't get me wrong, that's faster than most WR's so I'm not discounting it. I just look at him as a fast WRz not a track guy.

Unless I've missed it, he's a nice track guy in high school but not a track guy in college. 10.7 is his best 100m time, is there better out there?

Also don't get me wrong, that's faster than most WR's so I'm not discounting it. I just look at him as a fast WRz not a track guy.
We are recruiting a DE/TE that runs a 10.28 lol

10.7 is fast but not elite

SPEEEEEEED. There are only a handful of guys faster than him in country PLUS he has good size to fill out. You see in that picture with him standing next to Michael Irvin has good height and is narrow shouldered like a Pope so he should be able to fill out in a college program. Those rankings are usually projections and he has really good tools. Many have said he has more value at corner also, 6'1 corners who can run is always coveted.

Advertisement

Dude was running 10.6 times as a soph. Not sure why he didnt improve on his times as junior because that is very rare to see but to be that young and put up those times it might not be elite as a track guy but 10.6 as soph you can only find a couple ball players a year who do that. I dont care if its elite in track but on football field thats elite for a football player.

Dude was running 10.6 times as a soph. Not sure why he didnt improve on his times as junior because that is very rare to see but to be that young and put up those times it might not be elite as a track guy but 10.6 as soph you can only find a couple ball players a year who do that. I dont care if its elite in track but on football field thats elite for a football player.

Yes, 10.6 and 10.7 puts you in the top 1 percent of college WR's. That's why I made the distinction of fast WR versus track guy.

He doesn't have any 200 times?

That guy, Hybor, will be going to a football team that has an elite track program. I love T&F and actually hope he pursues that more than football as we won't be in it for him. I know some will come and say, don't doubt Mario, etc. I don't, but until we land a national elite track guy, I won't believe we're in it for one.

Advertisement
Yes, 10.6 and 10.7 puts you in the top 1 percent of college WR's. That's why I made the distinction of fast WR versus track guy.

He ran the fastest outdoor 200 time this spring at one point

20.98 in 200m. Might be his stronger race but many dont use it for football because when will he ever really run that distance, but it shows he has longer distance speed and endurance.

Having a highly rated player like this in your back yard is kind of a nightmare scenario for a coach. It's almost one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. Whereas it feels like you need to sign him for the optics, but 3 years later people are likely complaining about you having not developed a 5 star guy.
thats why i was happy the staff didn’t fold lol keem is what a 5 star looks like

Advertisement
Back