2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

He wasn’t high on our original board but after studying him for a couple days I’d say offer him and fast. I’ve watched his tape and talked to people who’s coached against him and we all come away with the same opinion. I’d take him over Brown any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s comparing a man to a boy. Big , physical cat that can run and bodies kids in space.

yep.

you know who this kid is?

he's the typical south florida WR we always have every cycle, .... guys like elijah moore come to mind. kids that get a bit lost in the internet hype machine, but everyone who has watched them can see it like a hump on a midget: the dude just can play football, and help you win games. that's this kid.

the one where instead of getting him in the class, we waste time with a guy who looks good in his underwear and is impressive when they're playing football like you do in 6th grade PE class. (guys like dee wiggins who has bigger hands of stone than Michaelangelo's statue of David).

I'm happy we have a new regime. it gives me confidence that guys like fowles at least have a chance to be properly evaluated and recruited, instead of being ignored like they just dropped a **** on the sidewalk

Advertisement
He wasn’t high on our original board but after studying him for a couple days I’d say offer him and fast. I’ve watched his tape and talked to people who’s coached against him and we all come away with the same opinion. I’d take him over Brown any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s comparing a man to a boy. Big , physical cat that can run and bodies kids in space.
Do we have any traction with Hakeem Williams?

The tape don’t lie

Advertisement
#6. The commentators keep saying the wrong name when he scores.

thank you for providing!

did you happen to note any time marks to see plays involving Fowles?

either way... with how many fouls our recievers have made in the past, it might be helpful to have a reciever known to Fowl les

His 100m times are a head scratcher for me at state he ran 10.8 and throughout the season he was 10.7-10.8 guy which I can’t understand. He ran 21 low pretty consistently. He’s clearly not 100m guy at all. Which to me shows he’s a fast guy with questionable acceleration. Once he gets going he can run with the best of em but acceleration is more important than speed most of the time in football.

His speed reminds me of guy I ran against my senior year of Hs in the 200. Robert Woods at our Serra. Robert was a 21 low guy I know he ran 21.0 a few times but he never ran crazy fast in the 100. He was actually a beast in the 400, ran 46 low as a senior. Robert woods has never been known as a true burner in football but he was a far superior player than Brown. Woods was just an absolute dog!

FWIW Robert Woods ran a 4.51 40 at the combine.

Good analysis. I haven't seen him run, but the 100 issue (is it even an issue really though, nit picking here) could be a bunch of things, but likely is related to his start. He probably gets to an upright position too quickly. Lacks a proper drive phase. It could be strength as well as the top guys are deceptively strong and twitchy.

He obviously has endurance. Maybe he lacking a higher top end, but can sustain his top end longer than most due to his 200 times. That or he has a very short top end, but that's usually followed by a steady decline and his 200 times doesn't suggest that.

All in all I'd say he's leaving at least two tenths of a secomd, if not 3, somewhere on the track in the 100.

Speed certainly isn't an issue. Most definitely nitpicking here.

Good analysis. I haven't seen him run, but the 100 issue (is it even an issue really though, nit picking here) could be a bunch of things, but likely is related to his start. He probably gets to an upright position too quickly. Lacks a proper drive phase. It could be strength as well as the top guys are deceptively strong and twitchy.

He obviously has endurance. Maybe he lacking a higher top end, but can sustain his top end longer than most due to his 200 times. That or he has a very short top end, but that's usually followed by a steady decline and his 200 times doesn't suggest that.

All in all I'd say he's leaving at least two tenths of a secomd, if not 3, somewhere on the track in the 100.

Speed certainly isn't an issue. Most definitely nitpicking here.
100% agree. I would need to see him run to truly break it down. Based solely on his 200 times, He should be able to chill and run 10.8. 10.5’s should his benchmark 10.4 on an amazing day. 10.6 high on a bad day. The 10.8’s gotta go.

Advertisement
I don’t know how this guy is a fIve star , it’s one of the crazier evaluations I’ve seen. Anyone that see‘s him in person comes away unimpressed. I hear the same things like “ he’s straight line fast but sloppy routes, below average , to bad hands and isn’t the biggest / most physical guy”. It’s like I’m reading the same persons breakdown lol.

I get the feeling that you and Al Davis would not get along very well.

For those that have seen him play or watch highlights, tell me why he isn’t another Michael Redding or Frank Ladson.

Ulitmatley, Gattis and the coaches get judged by their evaluations and ability to develop talent. My expectations are significantly higher with the current staff so hopefully we avoid the “looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane“ syndrome.

Last edited:
For those that have seen him play or watch highlights, tell me why he isn’t another Michael Redding or Frank Larson.

Ulitmatley, Gattis and the coaches get judged by their evaluations and ability to develop talent. My expectations are significantly higher with the current staff so hopefully we avoid the “looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane“ syndrome.
Let me counter with players like Redding and Ladson are takes every year because the floor is a usable player, even if they aren't really contributors until year 4. That size will produce in some way more often than not even if they are just a guy / role player.

We do not have too many 6'3" 200lb+ WRs on this roster and could use one. We saw Mario go out and grab Ladsen and Colbie Young to be early contributors in part because they have size and we lack it at WR and if you watched Mario at Oregon, they had big boys at WR.

Advertisement
Let me counter with players like Redding and Ladson are takes every year because the floor is a usable player, even if they aren't really contributors until year 4. That size will produce in some way more often than not even if they are just a guy / role player.

We do not have too many 6'3" 200lb+ WRs on this roster and could use one. We saw Mario go out and grab Ladsen and Colbie Young to be early contributors in part because they have size and we lack it at WR and if you watched Mario at Oregon, they had big boys at WR.
Darrel Langham comes to mind. Not that he was an elite recruit, but size at WR matters. Man is a legend for that catch in Tallahassee to finally end the drought.

1st td - 22:00
2nd td - 40:30
3rd td - 1:16:30

3 touches, 3 tds. Doesn’t play much of the second half.
You're right.. the announcers were clueless. :)

but the 2nd and 3rd touchdown were pretty impossible/amazing unless he was playing against an elementary school.

yes, he is IMPRESSIVE

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

Last edited:
Advertisement

@Cribby is that your opinion, or are you channeling Gattis and Mario or both? Kid looks quality to me. And I trust @gogeta4's opinion over pretty much all our WR coaches' opinions over the past 4 staffs.

I like the Hankerson comparison, though Fowler is stronger and seems tougher (at this stage apples/apples). Would love to know his straight-line speed and shuttle.

Advertisement
Back