2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

Advertisement
At around the 50 minute mark of Ray Ray Joseph's audio interview (see first post under the thread titled "Ray Ray says Mario building a Wall") it was noteworthy to me that he talks about William Fowles as somebody he played with and who he'd like to see in this class. (you can also throw in a couple of "speaks volumes," "telling," and "savages want to play with savages" -- if you're into those buzzwords).

Was also impressed listening to young Mr. Joseph during this interview.
I wanted to see Fowles in this class bad. He's the big and fast receiver that is not afraid of competition with fellow local receivers. Kid is a Beast type receiver.

Advertisement
I've been saying that this kid is an underrated gem and a take for months now. Want Fowles in this class. We have the smaller agile miss you in a phone both speed merchant types in Washington and Joseph. Fowles is a perfect compliment and he wants to be here. Pull the trigger and keep him home. Major potential for development. Obviously I trust Mario and staff but I want Fowles here all the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A WR class of Washington Joseph Fowles and Jean would be excellent imo. I heard recently that Jean is starting to trend elsewhere but there is a long way to go and we have the best recruiters in the country. LFG!!!!!!

Edit. I have to add Hykeem Williams to this group. I've seen Williams and Fowles compared to each other in a manner that suggests that the two are the same type of WR thus interchangeable. Wrong! These two are very different players. Williams is a very tall 6'4" with a strong thick build. What I love about him is that he plays up to his height. Williams has the ability to body defenders and highpoint the ball. He is also extremely physical breaking press coverage and plowing through would be tacklers. He displays surprising agility and lateral quickness in traffic and can be very elusive for a kid his size. He can take a bubble screen for a huge gain as well as he can out jump defenders for a jump ball. He also posseses very good speed for his size and build using a long striding style to quickly eat up yards or get deep.

Fowles has good size at 6'2" 195 with surprising speed and acceleration out of his breaks. He is a smooth natural hands catcher who snatches the ball away from his body without breaking stride. Fowles is a smooth and very natural WR with great speed a good route tree. Fowles isn't the imposing physical specimen that Williams is, he doesn't posses the pure speed and cutting ability of Washington or Joseph and isn't the route running technician that Jean is. He does however, have the hands, speed, athleticism, body control and pure natural talent to have a tremendously high ceiling. Fowles is one of these players that you like more everytime you see him play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude is a stud. He catches the ball with his hands extended. Can’t teach that. Even more impressive as a high schooler.
Agree 100% and it would seem to be obvious to you to myself and anyone else who watches Fowles play. That's why I get the impression that this is a kid that the coaches have been involved with for a long time knowing full well that he was a take. I think that Fowles may be a silent and Mario is waiting for the right moment to let him announce. Could it be that Mario knows full well that this kids stock is going to go through the roof during the season and is waiting for that to happen before having Fowles announce thus making the commit much more impactful from an optics standpoint? We will see.

Advertisement
Back