2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

They were slow playing him as well by all accounts.
Yup they were.

The only way this makes sense is if Hykeem /****ey was silently committed. That's it. You know you have 3 studs and you are taking 4 only if another big time
stud wants in ( one of keem or ****ey). However if they dont have that, if
in fact they let Fowles walk a kid begging to be a Cane ( where have we seen this movie before?) and Keem and ****ey sign elsewhere. This will easily be the biggest
miscalculation by this staff yet. This kid is a ballet who wanted to be here. A Zay Flowers , Tutu Atwell, one of those kids that we passed up on that will probably play ****ed every time they play Miami and makes us pay. Hoping there is a strategy by the staff with a good surprise but pretty dissapointed we let this one walk .

Advertisement
Yup they were.

The only way this makes sense is if Hykeem /****ey was silently committed. That's it. You know you have 3 studs and you are taking 4 only if another big time
in fact they let Fowles walk a kid begging to be a Cane ( where have we seen this movie before?) and Keem and ****ey sign elsewhere. This will easily be the biggest
miscalculation by this staff yet. This kid is a ballet who wanted to be here. A Zay Flowers , Tutu Atwell, one of those kids that we passed up on that will probably play ****ed every time they play Miami and makes us pay. Hoping there is a strategy by the staff with a good surprise but pretty dissapointed we let this one walk .
Not trying to single you out but.... Where is this proof that Fowles was "begging" to be a Cane? I think there's more to the story then just we slow played him. And we weren't the only school to do that if so..

Advertisement
Louisville is not a bad landing spot. They stacking chips over there. I like fowles a lot to. We must got some heat in the pipeline
Agreed, but Satterfield needs to win right now (assume 8+ wins with no major letdowns) or those classes will be flipped so fast.

Seems like we and FSU slow played him in favor of Hykeem. Seems like FSU will look good if Hykeem lands there…until he comes to his senses later on during the year when FSU has all of 6 wins.

Advertisement
Staff better execute the second half of this recruiting cycle when it comes to WR…I liked Fowles & would’ve took him cause we missed on Brown, Jean let UF get in his head, Hykeem lol I’m ignoring that recruitment but he’ll end up in A&M if not next month in December, ****ey not flipping & if he does he’s not leaving the west coast.

Advertisement
Seems like he was lower on the board. The problem with taking him now if he is lower on the board is what if ****ey, Jean and Hykeem want in are you taking all of them or are you then having to push out Fowles similar to what UF did with that slow receiver because they took his commitment when they were waiting on other targets higher up the board. Unfortunately there is a pecking order to recruiting and unless you are top talent you do not always get to do things on your time and have to wait. Also didn't the staff want him to work out in person? If he really wanted to be at Miami and that is the case wouldn't you make the effort to make it happen unless I remembering wrong or missed it.

Yup they were.

Yes, but I doubt the coaches have a solid silent behind the scenes for either of those. If they do, I wouldn't trust that silent commitment until December. Hykeem is all over the place and likes trolling and ****ey is hard to read AND Oregon is going to do everything it can to keep him. Those are risky things to depend on based on being left at the altar countless times before. The staff HAS to have the strategy of hykeem/****ey or bust, which I think would be a mistake but hey, what do I know?

Advertisement
It’s pretty obvious how this recruitment went. I still think he‘ll be a really good player at the next level.
I’ll take it as a positive sign regarding some of our other bigger fish on the WR board…but it’s a dangerous game we usually have been on the wrong side of.

Good thing Mario knows what he’s doing, compared to our predecessors.

Yes, but I doubt the coaches have a solid silent behind the scenes for either of those. If they do, I wouldn't trust that silent commitment until December. Hykeem is all over the place and likes trolling and ****ey is hard to read AND Oregon is going to do everything it can to keep him. Those are risky things to depend on based on being left at the altar countless times before. The staff HAS to have the strategy of hykeem/****ey or bust, which I think would be a mistake but hey, what do I know?
Total agreement with every single word.

Not sure it is those guys or bust. My guess is there are more than those guys on the board. However, there is a limit to the number of WRs they will take and if those guys are at the top you let it play out while still recruiting the next guys on the list. Problem is if you take the guys lower on the list now you likely have to push them out later if you hit on your top targets which can **** people off. I can also see why Fowles would not want to wait as he risks being left out in the cold if he waits out the guys higher on Miami's board who are more likely going to go to ESD.

Last edited:
Not sure it is those guys or post. My guess is there are more than those guys on the board. However, there is a limit to the number of WRs they will take and if those guys are at the top you let it play out while still recruiting the next guys on the list. Problem is if you take the guys lower on the list now you likely have to push them out later if you hit on your top targets which can **** people off. I can also see why Fowles would not want to wait as he risks being left out in the cold if he waits out the guys higher on Miami's board who are more likely going to go to ESD.

I get that but we all know who they're waiting on and/or trying to flip - ****ey, Keem, Innis, Jean. Outside of Jean, the rest are absolute crap shoots. I'm ok going for crapshoots but if you're putting all your eggs in that basket, invariably, you'll lose out on guys like Fowles. If we get Jean instead of Fowles, then I'm gucci.

Advertisement
Back