Will we see both Sheriffs & Rosier in Bethune Game?

the storm

Banned Under CIS Martial Law until 11/5/20
Will Coach Richt go with both QB's the first couple of games? Hope an announcement comes tomorrow. Personally I would like to see both of them in action since there's been no chance to watch scrimmages. GO CANES! :stormwarningflag-sm

Advertisement
I'd be shocked if one QB took every snap in a game we should be winning by 40 in the second half.

Good question.

Obviously they'll both play....but will there be a rotation of some kind for the first two games? Just to give both guys a look with the top O.

Can't really tell who's separating if you're looking at scrimmage stats. Looks pretty close to me.

A week ago, Pete and DMoney were saying Shireffs was leading.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All 3 will play

Why would Perry play when he could really use a redshirt season? Both the guys ahead of him aren't leaving after this season, so it's not like Perry has to be the starter next year. I'd rather see him playing as a redshirt senior than mop up duty as a true freshman. People need to cool their jets and have a little patience with the kid.

All 3 will play

I don't think Perry will play until he shows enough in practices/scrimmages that he has a legitimize chance to start this year.

Why waste a year where he could RS for a few plays that dont mean anything other than game action.

Unless he shows Richt between now and then that he will be a threat to unseat Rosier THIS year I can't see the reward..jmo.

All 3 will play

I honestly think that's the last thing this team needs. Firstly this team needs stability at the QB position - nobody benefits if there's a QB battle going into the season. Pick a guy and stick with him until he gives you a reason to bench him.

Secondly if Perry isn't one of the best two QBs on the roster come September he shouldn't see the field barring injury. I'm not a fan of redshirting players as quite frankly if they're good enough they're gone in three years anyway.

Advertisement
All 3 will play

I honestly think that's the last thing this team needs. Firstly this team needs stability at the QB position - nobody benefits if there's a QB battle going into the season. Pick a guy and stick with him until he gives you a reason to bench him.

Secondly if Perry isn't one of the best two QBs on the roster come September he shouldn't see the field barring injury. I'm not a fan of redshirting players as quite frankly if they're good enough they're gone in three years anyway.

The gone in 3 year types are rarely QBs. The thought of a redshirt junior/senior Perry starting is was more exciting than a true freshman Perry getting mop up duty handing the ball off.

All 3 will play

I strongly disagree. The competition between Malik and Evan seemed extremely close. Since Malik has shown in the past to be int prone, its wise to get Evan some playing time, just in case Malik gets the yips and reverts to form. Additionally, you don't want to give a guy like Jimbo too much tape on Malik. I say, give Malik the 1st half in the first two games, then if we are up big, put in Evan and Perry for final two quarters. Perry NEEDS the reps to be ready for next year.

All 3 will play

Why would Perry play when he could really use a redshirt season? Both the guys ahead of him aren't leaving after this season, so it's not like Perry has to be the starter next year. I'd rather see him playing as a redshirt senior than mop up duty as a true freshman. People need to cool their jets and have a little patience with the kid.

I say no point in red shirting if they leave in their 3rd year regardlesss!

Advertisement
All 3 will play

I say no point in red shirting if they leave in their 3rd year regardlesss!

Same here. Save the red shirt for possibly medical reasons. He shouldn't be here after 3 seasons

I am fine with playing two and redshirting two. If Perry and Weldon are that distant from Sherriffs and Rosier then save them UNLESS we have injuries and need them. It's up to the coaches however. I have full trust in this offensive coaching staff.

Even as decent as Jameis Winston was when he arrived at FSU, a redshirt season helped him immensely and he took claimed the starting job the following Spring practice. Lamar Jackson at Louisville is another good example.

Last edited:
I am fine with playing two and redshirting two. If Perry and Weldon are that distant from Sherriffs and Rosier then save them UNLESS we have injuries and need them. It's up to the coaches however. I have full trust in this offensive coaching staff.

Even as decent as Jameis Winston was when he arrived at FSU, a redshirt season helped him immensely and he took claimed the starting job the following Spring practice. Lamar Jackson at Louisville is another good example.

But he still left early. He could have learned even more playing clean up duty in his Freshman year.

Advertisement
If Rosier and Shirreffs are putting up passing numbers like this against the second unit then we don't have the depth we thought. Perry will benefit from this experience by facing tremendous challenges: learning new plays and trying to execute against a fast defense. Rosier and Shirreffs have taken advantage of this opportunity but will the team be better off with Kaaya understudies? I still believe Weldon and Perry are better QBs but needs year to learn system.

All 3 will play. There is no way Perry doesn't get playing time.

Advertisement
Back