Will we see both Sheriffs & Rosier in Bethune Game?

No point in playing 3 qbs. Play Malik Rosier until the 4th and then let N'Kosi finish the game.

Advertisement
Richt isn't redshirting Perry. Did you all watch those juke highlights?!?! Plus this staff is making it a point to say we play freshman. They will want to see what he does in a game when we can afford for him to make a mistake. If Rosier implodes you want other options besides Evan. I'm guessing Rosier until canes up by 21, then Evan for a quarter, then Perry for the rest of the game however long that might be. Only way Perry doesn't play is if the games aren't blow outs in the 1st half. I wouldn't be surprised if Perry plays well in game 1, he gets an entire half to himself in Arky St. You want him to have some experience at an away game. Especially if Rosier doesn't play well in game 1. It'd be smart to keep FSU guessing unless Rosier kills it. You want them to have to gameplan for 2, if not all 3 guys. You know FSU hasn't been worried about anyone except Bama right now. There's literally zero tape on the UM QB's other than the vanilla offense we'll run the 1st two games. That's a huge advantage I expect Richt to keep in his pocket.

"Perry had a few 'WOW' moments, but he also made a few plays that will lose games." - CMR after 2nd scrimmage.

No way N'Kosi Perry sees game action until Richt can trust him to not lose a game.

Perry might get playing time late in the first two games. In both games Miami should have sizable leads so a 'mistake that could cost you a game' is lessened to a learning experience. I doubt Richt chooses a redshirt year unless Perry incurs an injury.

Expect Rosier to start and the offense with him on the field to be very vanilla. FSpoo has to show their cards against Baga in game one to have a chance. We win the first 2 games if we run the same play 150 times. Expect Perry to take some snaps at some point this season.

Advertisement
"Perry had a few 'WOW' moments, but he also made a few plays that will lose games." - CMR after 2nd scrimmage.

No way N'Kosi Perry sees game action until Richt can trust him to not lose a game.

Against Bethune? Give me a break.

Against Bethune? Give me a break.

I should have said meaningful game action. I didn't intend to rule out garbage time. My comment was mainly for those who assume Perry is going to back up Rosier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No point in playing 3 qbs. Play Malik Rosier until the 4th and then let N'Kosi finish the game.

There IS a point in having 3 QBs. You want your roster to be deeper than two players for ANY position. #4 likely wears a shirt this year. I highly doubt Perry drops to #4 .

Advertisement
All 3 will play

I don't think Perry will play until he shows enough in practices/scrimmages that he has a legitimize chance to start this year.

Why waste a year where he could RS for a few plays that dont mean anything other than game action.

Unless he shows Richt between now and then that he will be a threat to unseat Rosier THIS year I can't see the reward..jmo.

Is Perry willing to take a RS scenario where he might not see starters snaps until 2020?

Honest question. Not trolling.

All 3 will play

I don't think Perry will play until he shows enough in practices/scrimmages that he has a legitimize chance to start this year.

Why waste a year where he could RS for a few plays that dont mean anything other than game action.

Unless he shows Richt between now and then that he will be a threat to unseat Rosier THIS year I can't see the reward..jmo.

Kid can actually play a percentage of the season and still be redshirted. I don't remember exactly what percentage of plays it is capped at, but I do know there is a threshold.

All 3 will play

Kid can actually play a percentage of the season and still be redshirted. I don't remember exactly what percentage of plays it is capped at, but I do know there is a threshold.

Playing one single play burns a redshirt. (unless the player suffers a season ending injury before playing in 4 games)

They are trying to get that changed however.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...posal-true-freshman-four-games-bowls-redshirt

"Dabo said there was 100% agreement from ACC coaches on allowing red shirts to play up to 4 games."

Advertisement
All 3 will play

Why would Perry play when he could really use a redshirt season? Both the guys ahead of him aren't leaving after this season, so it's not like Perry has to be the starter next year. I'd rather see him playing as a redshirt senior than mop up duty as a true freshman. People need to cool their jets and have a little patience with the kid.

I say no point in red shirting if they leave in their 3rd year regardlesss!

Same here. Save the red shirt for possibly medical reasons. He shouldn't be here after 3 seasons

If he's only staying 3 years, won't he have a year to sit out if he gets hurt? You have no idea how long he'll be here. What if Rosier balls out and starts next year too? Now Perry's sitting 2 years before his chance to start, and you think he's definitely going 1 and done?

All 3 will play

Is Perry willing to take a RS scenario where he might not see starters snaps until 2020?

Does he have a choice? If he's going to transfer because he doesn't get to start his freshman year, I think he's misjudged how football works.

All 3 will play

Does he have a choice? If he's going to transfer because he doesn't get to start his freshman year, I think he's misjudged how football works.

Do you honestly think Rick would bench the guy who wins the starting job this season for Perry next year?

Advertisement
All 3 will play

Lol, rookie.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

All 3 will play

Lol, rookie.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

#FACTS

All 3 will play

Playing one single play burns a redshirt. (unless the player suffers a season ending injury before playing in 4 games)

They are trying to get that changed however.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...posal-true-freshman-four-games-bowls-redshirt

"Dabo said there was 100% agreement from ACC coaches on allowing red shirts to play up to 4 games."

I see, I guess I missed the injury clause portion...solid.

Perry might get playing time late in the first two games. In both games Miami should have sizable leads so a 'mistake that could cost you a game' is lessened to a learning experience. I doubt Richt chooses a redshirt year unless Perry incurs an injury.

Yeah, but the learning experience he will get in PRACTICE against our D will be far greater than scrub time against pathetic teams.

Advertisement
Back