Will Va Tech play football this season?

They have an open facility. It's not restricted to football players. More factors involved than at most other ACC schools. Our perspective is colored by the size, and ability Miami has to literally isolate the football team in every way.

They can close the facility. It would be easier than you think to keep them away. Everybody else is doing it.

Advertisement
The State of Va is mess right now forget football. I live right across the border in TN. From what I hear in the news I doubt it.

Football is literally all that VT and Blacksburg have to hang their hat on. They have not won a NCAA natty in ANYTHING! Their fans used to be so self righteous up here during the Beamer era and when they beat UVA 15 times in a row. Totally different story now.
exactly its sad when the apex of achievement is being runner up to FSU with vick for the NC

I might hate VT more than any other program. They built their program on beating us when we were down in the late 90's. Then they rode our coattails into the ACC. ***** them. Hope they never play another game.
I hope they never play another game and they take that lunch pail of theirs and throw it in the garbage.

Advertisement
Over the years I’ve come to despise a few teams.

VT: they were a bunch a dirty plays under Beamer. Back in 2000.. Santana Burned one of their corners bad and corner stuck out his leg to purposely **** him up. Tana still scored though.

Duke: went to a game at duke and I’ve never heard such racist animosity towards Miami and their cheerleaders. I almost beat the **** out of several folks that night. In retrospect I should of. We won 31 zip

UNC: the upside down U. Nuff said.

GT: under Paul Johnson I couldn’t stand them and the cheap shot blocking. PJ can go croak.

They've had to cancel/reschedule their first two games. There is some doubt they will be able to play this weekend. I saw this article last night about what is going on at Va Tech. It sounds like it will be a challenge for them to get through the season at no fault of the football program. It seems like the University was totally unprepared for bringing students back to campus....

Amazing how many on this board wanted Miami to go this route and be in the same position right now.

Advertisement
Another problem they have is they have no depth whatsoever. I read somewhere that they lost like 15-20 guys in the offseason due to transfer or opt out. So they are working with probably 60-65 scholarship players? **** if 10 get infected, they can't play. Isnt the rule that you have to have at least 53 players on gameday in order to play? They have no room for error from week to week.
Miami played FSU with roughly 45 available players in 1997.

“It’s certainly not the athletes risking their lives”...stopped reading after that dramatic claim lol. Feel sorry for the kids trying to play up there, but if they’re cancelling games, it’s because the players aren’t following protocol like other programs in the league (ie our guys)
In all fairness, it is a risk to there lives. COVID or not

Advertisement
They've had to cancel/reschedule their first two games. There is some doubt they will be able to play this weekend. I saw this article last night about what is going on at Va Tech. It sounds like it will be a challenge for them to get through the season at no fault of the football program. It seems like the University was totally unprepared for bringing students back to campus....

If they die, they die.

It is becoming clear that the coaching staff, the school, and yes, even some of the players, aren’t that interested in playing, or at least in making a concerted effort to do those things which allow you to play.

I am never big on predictions, but if these guys do get some games in, they are going to get destroyed by anybody that lines up across from them

Look who is on that list--Athens, GA; Tallahassee, FL; Oxford, MS; Columbia, MO. University of Georgia, Florida State University, University of Mississippi and University of Missouri. Virginia Tech can play. Kids are still in school and in the dorms. Liberty played this past weekend and it's less than 100 miles away.

Advertisement
There's not a coach in the ACC that I dislike more than Fuente.

He's a total hypocrite & arrogant prick.

I hope we do get play them & beat the dogshìt out of'em, although I doubt they end up playing at all this year.

Maybe we can replace the Va Tech game with Duke, I really want a revenge game against Duke. Doubt it would happen logistically, but if we end up having to cancel the Va Tech the first team I want us to schedule is Duke.

A school in the middle of nowhere can't keep their players from getting covid but a school in a metropolitan area of over 6 million people can keep it under control. It's pretty obvious that the staff, players and student body at VT don't give a **** about safety protocol. Because if they did, they could field a healthy football team. Honestly, if they can't get it together, all their games should just be foreited. Why should the rest of the league have to deal with this because they didn't take the issue seriously?

I do think people tend to generalize, but you make a humorous point.

A lot of these "middle of nowhere" locations are small towns with small medical facilities that are then overwhelmed by a (largely) irresponsible influx of students that can double the population of college towns.

Meanwhile, a small private school with a (relatively) insular campus in the middle of a highly populated metro area might actually be able to fare better than most. ****, I'll be honest, as an undergrad at UM, I took many classes where we could "socially distance" by spreading out. I rarely had a "packed classroom" until I got to law school.

Advertisement
Back