Will Va Tech play football this season?

Advertisement
So you’re telling me, a team can’t play football bc there are too many cases in town? It’s obviously not that serious if nobody has been put into the hospital. Seems to me like they have zero control over the team and want to blame it on somebody else.

So you’re telling me, a team can’t play football bc there are too many cases in town? It’s obviously not that serious if nobody has been put into the hospital. Seems to me like they have zero control over the team and want to blame it on somebody else.
you are totally missing the point. even if the disease is safe for 99% of the people who contract it you can't allow it to spread through the community and a football team. you have to isolate anyone who tests positive and anyone they have been in contact with. there are only a finite amount of players on a team. once you have multiple exposures you can't field a team/

you are totally missing the point. even if the disease is safe for 99% of the people who contract it you can't allow it to spread through the community and a football team. you have to isolate anyone who tests positive and anyone they have been in contact with. there are only a finite amount of players on a team.

I understand that. I didn’t read it all, how many players tested positive?

That also proves my point. Fuente couldn’t control his guys and they went out and caught it.

Advertisement
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

I might hate VT more than any other program. They built their program on beating us when we were down in the late 90's. Then they rode our coattails into the ACC. ***** them. Hope they never play another game.
I despise VT, but let's be clear. They are a distant #2 in rivalry to F$U and my hated for the Lizard surpasses all. The Turkey is our 2nd most important game every year and it is absolutely pathetic that their clown show cannot get it together.

**** the Turkey, and more so if we can't play them this year. Not only should we get them at home next year, they should have to play all road ACC games the next year on account of their asshattery.

Advertisement
And just how many players have died from this pandemic. Asking for a friend. Take your time and get back to us.

Advertisement
Even if they do play, I can't imagine they've been able to practice. These kinds of disruptions do matter. If they do play, they're going to be terrible.

It's pretty unbelievable that a school in Roanoke Virginia, a small and isolated town with very few cases, is having such a hard time coping with Covid.

What can you say, except to tip your cap to Julio Frenk and the UM people for doing it right. Knock on wood, but we seem to have all the right protocols in place and you never seem to hear about any issues on our side, even though we're in one of the biggest metro areas in America with lots of cases. Really good job by the Miami admin, it's gotta be pointed out.

Advertisement
Whether Fuente is culpable or not, he’s not endeared by the fan base anyway. Alumni I know aren’t impressed with him and this will only add fuel to the fire.

I understand that. I didn’t read it all, how many players tested positive?

That also proves my point. Fuente couldn’t control his guys and they went out and caught it.
They have an open facility. It's not restricted to football players. More factors involved than at most other ACC schools. Our perspective is colored by the size, and ability Miami has to literally isolate the football team in every way.

A school in the middle of nowhere can't keep their players from getting covid but a school in a metropolitan area of over 6 million people can keep it under control. It's pretty obvious that the staff, players and student body at VT don't give a **** about safety protocol. Because if they did, they could field a healthy football team. Honestly, if they can't get it together, all their games should just be foreited. Why should the rest of the league have to deal with this because they didn't take the issue seriously?

Advertisement
Back