Will Va Tech play football this season?

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
They've had to cancel/reschedule their first two games. There is some doubt they will be able to play this weekend. I saw this article last night about what is going on at Va Tech. It sounds like it will be a challenge for them to get through the season at no fault of the football program. It seems like the University was totally unprepared for bringing students back to campus....

Advertisement
“It’s certainly not the athletes risking their lives”...stopped reading after that dramatic claim lol. Feel sorry for the kids trying to play up there, but if they’re cancelling games, it’s because the players aren’t following protocol like other programs in the league (ie our guys)

Advertisement
I'm surprised that dude has a job and I'm really surprised people expected anything out of them this year.

first a mass exodus when he arrives, then s*** results on the field, now he fumbled Covid-19 when it seems like every other program got their crap together for the most part

dude doesn't have what it takes to lead a program

Advertisement
I'm surprised that dude has a job and I'm really surprised people expected anything out of them this year.

first a mass exodus when he arrives, then s*** results on the field, now he fumbled Covid-19 when it seems like every other program got their crap together for the most part

dude doesn't have what it takes to lead a program

There were many, many, many people beating the drum for this guy to be our next head coach a few years back. He hasn't really lived up to the billing at VT. Still, I can't blame a head coach for players catching something that's contagious as ****.

WHOA! How many times can they postpone games before they have to call it a season? Isnt the ACC title game on Dec 19th or 12th? Are they going to just start playing double headers? lol

I might hate VT more than any other program. They built their program on beating us when we were down in the late 90's. Then they rode our coattails into the ACC. ***** them. Hope they never play another game.
You are a bitter person, bro. If they beat your *** - take it, until you can kick their *** again.

Advertisement
"Anyone who blames the UVA postponement on Tech's players "lacking the commitment to play football" is either an idiot or an idiot who happens to root/coach/play for a rival team with an inferiority complex. There are people to blame for this situation, but it's certainly not the athletes risking their lives to make sure their athletic department remains financially viable."

This statement is made without providing any evidence that the players or staff are doing anything to stay uninfected.

You are a bitter person, bro. If they beat your *** - take it, until you can kick their *** again.
im-sorry-but-im-petty.jpg

Advertisement
They've had to cancel/reschedule their first two games. There is some doubt they will be able to play this weekend. I saw this article last night about what is going on at Va Tech. It sounds like it will be a challenge for them to get through the season at no fault of the football program. It seems like the University was totally unprepared for bringing students back to campus....

I think they play. With all the testing they should know who is available. So barring anymore players testing positive they play. How could they not go to a bubble environment early on?

Another problem they have is they have no depth whatsoever. I read somewhere that they lost like 15-20 guys in the offseason due to transfer or opt out. So they are working with probably 60-65 scholarship players? **** if 10 get infected, they can't play. Isnt the rule that you have to have at least 53 players on gameday in order to play? They have no room for error from week to week.

Another problem they have is they have no depth whatsoever. I read somewhere that they lost like 15-20 guys in the offseason due to transfer or opt out. So they are working with probably 60-65 scholarship players? **** if 10 get infected, they can't play. Isnt the rule that you have to have at least 53 players on gameday in order to play? They have no room for error from week to week.
its a bad situation but it shows how precarious it is for all teams. players have to remain vigilant and basically stay away from the other students during the season.

Advertisement
Back