Will the day come where Miami drops the name "Hurricanes"?

Advertisement
On Saturday the Miami Hurricanes travel to North Carolina, a relatively short period of time after Hurricane Dorian passes by. And while the storm will not bring the same level of damage as it did to the Bahamas, the question arises - do some consider it improper to name a team after a natural disaster / force of nature? Across the nation, we've seen schools change team names - is it possible that the University of Miami will eventually elect to drop the name Hurricanes? While this may seem far fetched, I distinctly remember being at UM after Hurricane Andrew when an actual vote was held - I believe by student leadership - whether or not to retain the Hurricanes monicker. That was of course voted down, but if it were to come up to a vote in the future - especially after another major storm hits South Florida - would we keep the name if it is considered offensive? And if changed, what might we alter it to?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are a liberal

oh, and...

Xpum.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rattlers - Venomous, harmful to people
Spartans- Glorified war
Trojans- Involved in that nasty war over a woman.
Who else am I missing ?

Let's just wear all orange uniforms and we can call ourselves THE FIGHTING CARROTS.
All green and we'll be the Punishing Pickles

For fūcks sake. No sane canes fan would even think of suggesting this or starting a thread about it.

OP tucks in his ***** and wears women’s silk underwear.

Advertisement
Dude it was just speculation. Maybe stupid speculation. I asked for it to be deleted early on, but nothings come of that.

Don't take it so hard. This board is full of mental midget snowflakes that get triggered by harmless questions like the one you posed. In fact, you should feel proud of eliciting the type of reaction you did. When all of the CIS keyboard warriors are against you, you know you've done something right.

Advertisement
Back