Will Sandland end up a jag??

Sandland is nursing a minor injury right now; that's y we're not hearing about him. However, pre-injury, Golden was singing his praise and hi-lights from practice showed he was open a lot. He along w Walford will be the guys at TE and look for Sandland to have a very solid year. Like someone alluded to, he and Williams have nice chemistry together. Sandland will def be not be a JAG.

I specifically remember AG talking about Sandland getting better early on so it makes sense that he's hurt.

I have very little confidence in Walford outside of blocking. He's not a fluid athlete yet he still tries to be slick in the open field and has terrible hands. Dude should gain 50 pounds and become a LT.

Advertisement
Sandland is nursing a minor injury right now; that's y we're not hearing about him. However, pre-injury, Golden was singing his praise and hi-lights from practice showed he was open a lot. He along w Walford will be the guys at TE and look for Sandland to have a very solid year. Like someone alluded to, he and Williams have nice chemistry together. Sandland will def be not be a JAG.

I specifically remember AG talking about Sandland getting better early on so it makes sense that he's hurt.

I have very little confidence in Walford outside of blocking. He's not a fluid athlete yet he still tries to be slick in the open field and has terrible hands. Dude should gain 50 pounds and become a LT.

Clive was considered a reach and a project coming out of HS.

Looking at his career stats as of right now, his stats are better than: Alfredo Roberts, Kevin Everett, Dedricks Epps, Jeremy Shockey, Rob Chudzinski, and Coleman Bell. His production at this point is comparable to Bubba Franks, Glenn Dennison, and Greg Olsen. With a good year, he'll pass up Kellen Winslow and Willie Smith and might end up our most productive TE ever.

Considering he played 1 year of HS ball, he's had a pretty good career.

Clive was considered a reach and a project coming out of HS.

Looking at his career stats as of right now, his stats are better than: Alfredo Roberts, Kevin Everett, Dedricks Epps, Jeremy Shockey, Rob Chudzinski, and Coleman Bell. His production at this point is comparable to Bubba Franks, Glenn Dennison, and Greg Olsen. With a good year, he'll pass up Kellen Winslow and Willie Smith and might end up our most productive TE ever.

Considering he played 1 year of HS ball, he's had a pretty good career.

You're right, he's way overachieved. But just because he's putting up decent numbers doesn't mean he's in the same class with Olson or Franks. His hands are awful and when he catches the ball, it's rarely clean. I'm sure his straight line 40 is good but he's not fluid at all. Throwing up jump balls to him droves me crazy. His blocking is his best attribute. I like him but he shouldn't be the primary target at TE. He should be our in line TE.

On any other team this would not be an argument. Walford looks only good on straight-line routes, he stumbles or falls when coming across coverages. I've seen Beau run routes and look more fluid than Walford.Our OL and TEs get blown back 60% of the time in tight sets so I really don't see the big difference in Clive and Sandland blocking.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back