Will Sandland end up a jag??

accomadus

Junior
According to practice reports, ODonnell is playing well out there.

Standish is starting to make his mark on a regular basis, which leads to my question....

Will Beau end up like Andrew Tallman at Miami?

I had/have high hopes for him, but he's yet to do anything special.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
i don't blame sand land. it's not like we draw up many big plays for our tightends. look at O'leary's production at FSU while Coley was there. big scheme issue there bc last season sandland was definitely the best receiver of the tightend group in my opinion. just didn't involve him in many plays.

Standish is starting to make his mark on a regular basis, which leads to my question....

Thoughts?

Not quite sure why you single out Sandland. You point out the other tight ends that are getting good practice report, but so is Sandland. Sandland has been getting very positive reports just as the others have. It remains to see how productive he is on the field, but Williams appears to have a really good chemistry with Sandland that could pay off on the field if Williams is the starting QB.

Advertisement
i don't blame sand land. it's not like we draw up many big plays for our tightends. look at O'leary's production at FSU while Coley was there. big scheme issue there bc last season sandland was definitely the best receiver of the tightend group in my opinion. just didn't involve him in many plays.

I don't know about him being the best receiver of the tightend group but I do agree that O'leary was wasting away at FSU when Coley was there... And we all know Manuel loved the short passes... Tightend just wasn't a focus under Coley...

Hey off topic, but are we having a pro day?

Thoughts?

Not quite sure why you single out Sandland. You point out the other tight ends that are getting good practice report, but so is Sandland. Sandland has been getting very positive reports just as the others have. It remains to see how productive he is on the field, but Williams appears to have a really good chemistry with Sandland that could pay off on the field if Williams is the starting QB.

Yeah, the Original Post was full-******.
The sht one reads on the internet boards.

i'm wondering the same thing? i see that louisville and UCF already had theirs.
i don't blame sand land. it's not like we draw up many big plays for our tightens. look at O'leary's production at FSU while Coley was there. big scheme issue there bc last season sand land was definitely the best receiver of the tightend group in my opinion. just didn't involve him in many plays.

I don't know about him being the best receiver of the tightend group but I do agree that O'leary was wasting away at FSU when Coley was there... And we all know Manuel loved the short passes... Tightend just wasn't a focus under Coley...

Hey off topic, but are we having a pro day?

Advertisement
Tight ends need to be utilized more next season. Plenty of talent at that position that needs to be exploited.

Advertisement
He might at UM, if coaches don't utilize the tools he does have because he has had trouble blocking. Beau has serious talent/NFL tools.

Coley did not call plays at FSU, Fisher did/does.

I know that's what said around boards and at one point I even believed it... However as soon as Coley bolted their offense evolved and ours seem to resemble their offense of the past 5 years... I mean Manuel was a 1st round pick who love to play it safe, why no incorporate the tight end more... Then Coley comes here and we witness the same thing...

Ummm jimbo called the plays, so yea

Advertisement

I know that's what said around boards and at one point I even believed it... However as soon as Coley bolted their offense evolved and ours seem to resemble their offense of the past 5 years... I mean Manuel was a 1st round pick who love to play it safe, why no incorporate the tight end more... Then Coley comes here and we witness the same thing...

Umm. This isn't a message board rumor. Fisher has always called the plays. Oh and oleary is garbage. He got a lot of Tds cause of the other wrs and Winston making a play

I haven't heard anything about Sandland so far. Golden has singled out Standish and O'Donnell as the players who have taken advantage of Walford being out so far, but I haven't heard anything about Sandland.

Two things. One, it is a fact that Jimbo called the plays while James Coley was there. Two, their offense "evolved" because they had a heisman winning quarterback under center that could make excellent reads and find the open receiver.

I HATE the term JAG.

On a roster of 85 kids, do you think every single one can be a starter, let alone a star? Do you think we are going to hit gold on EVERY kid? Programs are built with stars, quality starters and role players.....and sometimes you don't see the contributions of a kid until his 3rd or 4th year (and even rare times 5th year seniors). You don't know how they contribute in workouts, in practice, in the gym, film study, etc. You don't know what's holding them back....is it talent, injury, scheme, coaching preference, etc (look no further than Arthur Brown). Even the best of the best, the NFL, has guys you would JAGS comparably speaking. Does that mean they suck? No! They are in the freakin NFL.....how many guys can say that?

Advertisement
Back