Will Rogers in the Portal

I‘m talking Dawson if he’s here still. What he did with Tune was impressive beens he wasn’t the most accurate guy. It’s too bad we can’t use what we did yesterday more than previous weeks. It just causes more questions.
and not adjusting to the QB did nothing for him or the offensive production. Makes you wonder whose decision that was - Dawson or Mario? Or were both clueless it needed to happen for 4 games????

Advertisement
Was he playing hurt the other night? I was shocked with the lack of arm strength for a guy that has started that many games at MSU
He's dealing w an injury to his NON-throwing shoulder. Arm strength has always been an issue with him. His strength is the 3-10 yard pass window for most part.

If Elko leaves Dook then does Riley Leonard immediately hit the portal? Seeing some annoying banter from Notre Dame clowns that he could be Hartman Part Deux in Souf Bend.

Advertisement
Mario better get this one right. He needs to find as close of a sure thing as he can because he’s working on three straight years of bad qb play And there was already a narrative on him before this season. Heavens forbid another qb comes here and crashes while Tvd balls out elsewhere lol. This is a huge decision for him and the future of the program.
Been saying that for a while now. This is THE decision. The Bank must be 100% open. Idgaf if it costs us at other positions, you spend what you gotta spend for a QB this year.

A healthy TVD is going to be better than 90% of the portal QB's.

47-75/63%/617 yards/3 TDs last 2 games looking healthier

I prefer a mobile QB in college football.

He has to be able to throw accurately though. I don't want Jordan Travis circa 2021.
A healthy and non-yips version of TVD is a straight up good QB, so yeah he will be.

But for this season we don't NEED someone who is going to be better than TVD at his best, we need someone who isn't going to be even close to as bad as TVD at his worst, and at least in the same realm as him on his best. I like big play guys, but if you're going to be a big play guy, it's gotta be positive plays at a high enough rate it is much more valuable than the big negative plays.

Basically this season I'd want a guy thats like 90% as good as TVD when he's on, and 150-200% of TVD when he's off.

He won’t want to come hand off the ball 60% of the time in Mario’s offense. Also he made. A lot of throws to RB last night and Dawson keeps Rb in to block max protect against 3 man rushes. Won’t fit what Miami is currently doing on offense
Dawson keeps RB’s in max protect because TVD runs like old people ****….slow and sloppy. No need to have that with an actual athlete at QB

Some other random names that could be interesting based on their stats:

- Brendan Sorsby, RS FR Indiana: 1,361 Yds, 7.3 adjusted Y/A, 12 TD, 5.83% TD%, 2 INT, 0.97% INT%, 130.1 QBRate, 232 RYds, 4 TDs, 98 attempts.

- Mike Keene, RS SO FresnoSt: 2,406 Yds, 7.1 adjusted Y/A, 21 TD, 6.05% TD%, 8 INT, 2.31 INT%, 140.2 QBRate, -137 RYds, 0 TDs, 25 attempts.
- Byrum Brown, JR USF: 2,825 Yds, 7.4 adjusted Y/A, 19 TD, 5.12% TD%, 10 INT, 2.70 INT%, 138.8 QBRate, 702 RYds, 10 TDs, 181 attempts.

- DJ Uigalelei, RS JR ORst: 2,638 Yds, 8.7 adjusted Y/A, 21 TDs, 6.67% TD%, 7 INT, 2.22% INT%, 145 QBRate, 218 RYds, 6 TDs, 68 attempts.

I don't watch Indiana games, but For a RS Frosh, Sorsby has decent stats. His first 4 games were tough - playing tOSU, Maryland, and Michigan. He basically did nothing positive in those games. But over his next 5 he had 1,067 Yards, 148 attempts, 59.5% Comp%, 10 TDs - 6.76%, 2 INT - 1.35%, 151 RYds, and 4 RTDs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Mario has his hands on certain points of the offense , It’s more the run game aspect , some formations and the conservative ways of doing business. It’s no secret Mario wants an identity. I mean Mario and Dawson have both all but said it’s give and take.

That said The last two Saturdays looked dramatically different than midseason and more like A&M. Al lot more motion , 11 personnel and using space. With more te’s and rb’s being involved. Was that because of Tyler being asked what he likes and dislikes ? Or an adjustment ? I tend to lean Tvd because I’m pessimistic now lol.
It also was nice for TVD to not have a 3 turnover game and cripple the offense

Injury… thinking too much… whatever the excuse if your QB can’t read zone coverage and where the holes are your done… Kyle shannahan, mcdaniels, Mcvay can’t script cute play designs to help ya All game

Yeah but it’s all about what have you done for me lately. TVD was the second of Tom Brady in 2021. Now look, not saying Rogers wouldn’t be a good fit, but in college football you can’t win without a mobile QB. That’s a fact. Also, Here’s what Rogers has done lately.

View attachment 267639View attachment 267640
Didn’t have the pirate this year. Wouldn’t put too much stock into this year was a shock for them with his passing and quick hiring of the interm guy

It also was nice for TVD to not have a 3 turnover game and cripple the offense

Injury… thinking too much… whatever the excuse if your QB can’t read zone coverage and where the holes are your done… Kyle shannahan, mcdaniels, Mcvay can’t script cute play designs to help ya All game
It took him being 23 years old and his third year in the program to realize he couldn’t make reads against zone? Interesting development.

Advertisement
Why would he want a guy who has below average arm strength according to his scouting report? Doesn’t sound like a good idea especially if we want a offense that stretches the field

Didn’t have the pirate this year. Wouldn’t put too much stock into this year was a shock for them with his passing and quick hiring of the interm guy
He played football bro. If you step on that field then you’re expected to produce. The same way we judge TVD for his season.

He played football bro. If you step on that field then you’re expected to produce. The same way we judge TVD for his season.
Just saying it was a weird year for the bulldogs. They also became a run heavy offense from air raid with the new HC. I do not know the background of that 1 year HC. But Rodgers numbers in 2022 35 TDs 8 INTs. 2023 12 TDs 4INTs. And the 1 year HC is fired so give Will a break

Advertisement
It took him being 23 years old and his third year in the program to realize he couldn’t make reads against zone? Interesting development.
People just don’t get that Dawson could have helped out his offense and his QB specifically by doing what he did yesterday. Put some guys in motion- help your QB identify the coverage and make adjustments. Use the TE so your WR can get open. It wasn’t hard but it wasn’t done. It’s easy to point the finger at the QB.

Look how much better the offense looked the past two weeks.

I’d like to know WHY?

Advertisement
Back