Will Rogers in the Portal

TVD was badly injured in 2022. Everyone could see it. But in the big games he tried but couldn't finish them. I appreciated the effort. In 2023, he was hurt worse than 2022 but he took a chance knowing he was better hurt than Emery was better as a freshman. If you can't appreciate that than I am sorry. But his heart was in to winning for the Canes. When he finally got healthy playing BC he kicked their ***. I totally disagree with everyone on the board who thinks TVD had "mental issues" issues this year. He has physical limitations that prevented him from playing his best. After the hit to the stomach at NC he just wasn't the same QB he was before the hit. I don't blame TVD for it. IMO TVD is an NFL QB for some team. He has the heart and desire to be a winner. You don't play hurt unless you care a helluva lot. To all you people who have blasted him for not being perfect, well are you? No QB is perfect. No fan is perfect. And God **** no human being is perfect. So back off and let TVD be TVD.

Advertisement
Broke records playing against SEC defenses every week

Pretty sure we’ll give him the best OL he’s had
Yeah but it’s all about what have you done for me lately. TVD was the second of Tom Brady in 2021. Now look, not saying Rogers wouldn’t be a good fit, but in college football you can’t win without a mobile QB. That’s a fact. Also, Here’s what Rogers has done lately.

A5433B20-C665-48C3-89C0-030153CA4A97.jpeg
3B189696-C3BA-4F91-85A7-8EECD7F4D599.jpeg

Advertisement
I've learned during my time here that 98% of the fanbase are sheep and blindly support their made up agendas based on absolutely zero fact
OMG! So we had to get go through 327 days of 2023 of CIS insanity to get this..... "POST of the YEAR"

JZCane nails it.

Somebody buy this man a drink. You Sir, deserve a lifetime membership free of charge.

TVD was badly injured in 2022. Everyone could see it. But in the big games he tried but couldn't finish them. I appreciated the effort. In 2023, he was hurt worse than 2022 but he took a chance knowing he was better hurt than Emery was better as a freshman. If you can't appreciate that than I am sorry. But his heart was in to winning for the Canes. When he finally got healthy playing BC he kicked their ***. I totally disagree with everyone on the board who thinks TVD had "mental issues" issues this year. He has physical limitations that prevented him from playing his best. After the hit to the stomach at NC he just wasn't the same QB he was before the hit. I don't blame TVD for it. IMO TVD is an NFL QB for some team. He has the heart and desire to be a winner. You don't play hurt unless you care a helluva lot. To all you people who have blasted him for not being perfect, well are you? No QB is perfect. No fan is perfect. And God **** no human being is perfect. So back off and let TVD be TVD.
Tyler? is that you?

I don’t get this whole narrative.

Miami didn’t lose a bunch of games this season due to TVD not being mobile.

Those games were lost due to TVD throwing interceptions like crazy while looking lost in the pocket for long stretches.
Lol. Exactly!! If he was mobile… do you think he would have made those throws??? Or would he have ran instead? 😂😂😂🤣🤣

Advertisement
Mario better get this one right. He needs to find as close of a sure thing as he can because he’s working on three straight years of bad qb play And there was already a narrative on him before this season. Heavens forbid another qb comes here and crashes while Tvd balls out elsewhere lol. This is a huge decision for him and the future of the program.

A healthy TVD is going to be better than 90% of the portal QB's.

47-75/63%/617 yards/3 TDs last 2 games looking healthier

I prefer a mobile QB in college football.

He has to be able to throw accurately though. I don't want Jordan Travis circa 2021.

Mario better get this one right. He needs to find as close of a sure thing as he can because he’s working on three straight years of bad qb play And there was already a narrative on him before this season. Heavens forbid another qb comes here and crashes while Tvd balls out elsewhere lol. This is a huge decision for him and the future of the program.
That's what I've been saying.. But I just don't have faith Mario will get it right. The worst case scenario is TVD leaves and does well and another QB comes in and regresses. That will be the nail in the coffin for him because he'll never be able to attract another high level QB again. It's already happening for HS recruits but currently his saving grace is getting a transfer QB that doesn't need a ton of development but just needs an environment to thrive in.

Have you seen/heard something different that makes you think Mario will get it right and not only actually get a high level QB to transfer in, but then also build an environment where he can be at his best all season? Scheme. Development. Freedom/independence etc?

I know you disagree but it's still why I think TVD is his best chance to change their narrative next year. He just has to have a viable backup (Emory in year 2 or a portal QB) for if/when TVD gets hurt and adapt the offense to what works for TVD and our personnel. And having TVD with the same coordinator for a second year could help a ton instead of a new QB/coordinator combo again and the new QB has to adjust to all the other new players as well.

Either way, hopefully Mario has learned from his mistakes.

Last edited:
Whoever is doing that draft breakdown should turn in their card. Lol. I agree w you on 99% of stuff, Cribby. But I've seen this cat too many times in person. His lack of mobility and arm strength are why he is being pushed to portal. Lebby has a decent shot to be head coach there in a few days. Any qb that was wanted would want to stay and play in that. He was a stick in the mud this year.
Was he playing hurt the other night? I was shocked with the lack of arm strength for a guy that has started that many games at MSU

Advertisement
You wouldn’t have said this two years ago about Nix. Thats the point he’s making. You’d actually been laughed off the board. Nix was the biggest bust / joke in CFB when he left Auburn. It’s easy to say stuff when you know the results.

It’s amazing what can happen when you put a talented kid in a good situation with somebody known as a great developer of qb’s. The talent is there with Tvd, consistency is his issue. Also having three coordinators hasn’t helped. Nothing would surprise me with him, good or bad.

Nix is one and look at hooker. Dude was awful at VT but at UT, he was lights out. System matters.

You wouldn’t have said this two years ago about Nix. Thats the point he’s making. You’d actually been laughed off the board. Nix was the biggest bust / joke in CFB when he left Auburn. It’s easy to say stuff when you know the results.

It’s amazing what can happen when you put a talented kid in a good situation with somebody known as a great developer of qb’s. The talent is there with Tvd, consistency is his issue. Also having three coordinators hasn’t helped. Nothing would surprise me with him, good or bad.
Look at the top 3 QB in football prior to their transfer destination
DD3DB0FC-C247-4215-A7F7-19D5243F9784.jpeg
F188E70D-E8D7-4331-A392-3F8EDFAD2EFB.jpeg
95209307-F781-489B-AF15-AA9858E0B490.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back