Will Rogers in the Portal

Do you think he’s a better QB than TVD?
I think he’s a safer option. He stays healthy for the most part , this year being the exception. Hes played a lot of football and isn’t known for being careless with the ball. Tvd is more of a streak shooter that can be amazing when hot , better talent but Rodger’s is more consistent. I’d rather take a more athletic qb but we could do a lot worse. A mature vet that’s a good leader and will be surrounded by more talent than he’s ever had.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The best proof I could have asked for!! Thank you!!
IMG_1891.png

Advertisement
I need to stop drinking and posting. **** lol

(TVD is also not that)
You wouldn’t have said this two years ago about Nix. Thats the point he’s making. You’d actually been laughed off the board. Nix was the biggest bust / joke in CFB when he left Auburn. It’s easy to say stuff when you know the results.

It’s amazing what can happen when you put a talented kid in a good situation with somebody known as a great developer of qb’s. The talent is there with Tvd, consistency is his issue. Also having three coordinators hasn’t helped. Nothing would surprise me with him, good or bad.

You wouldn’t have said this two years ago about Nix. Thats the point he’s making. You’d actually been laughed off the board. Nix was the biggest bust / joke in CFB when he left Auburn. It’s easy to say stuff when you know the results.

It’s amazing what can happen when you put a talented kid in a good situation with somebody known as a great developer of qb’s. The talent is there with Tvd, consistency is his issue. Also having three coordinators hasn’t helped. Nothing would surprise me with him, good or bad.
I mean yeah I would’ve been laughed off this board, and that’s fine, but I absolutely would have rather had a guy with Nix’s traits fwiw. I’ve never been a Van Dyke guy, I’ve always been too high on the qb run threat, and been skeptical of him as a qb. Great thrower of a football, sure. But it has always looked robotic and unnatural, like a baseball player playing football, not a football player that also played baseball, which is why the deer in the headlights look when teams three different looks at him was absolutely unsurprising.

If we go into next season with Rogers (or someone of that type) as the qb I think it’ll be a mistake. If that’s who we wind up with, I’ll hope I’m wrong.

Advertisement
That’s fair, he is proven I shouldn’t have included him in there

But he’s also already transferred and isn’t in the portal so he’s not a viable candidate anyways

I think he graduated. Could've sworn I saw that this week. So he can transfer.

Don’t you guys get tired of the same arguments over and over :pgdead:
Hence why my new saying is “call a spade a spade”. Playcalling changed but TVD became a shell of his former self. Both are true. Both affected our season.

The real learning lesson? Always have 2 servicable guys at all time. Hence why I keep saying get a big name transfer and a guy like Spencer Petras in case that transfer gets hurt.

Advertisement
I think he’s a safer option. He stays healthy for the most part , this year being the exception. Hes played a lot of football and isn’t known for being careless with the ball. Tvd is more of a streak shooter that can be amazing when hot , better talent but Rodger’s is more consistent. I’d rather take a more athletic qb but we could do a lot worse. A mature vet that’s a good leader and will be surrounded by more talent than he’s ever had.
Honestly, this roster just needs that. They don’t need somebody that’s a game changer.

This kid should get our best shot. Would be a seismic addition. He’ll be chased by all the big dogs as well.
I like him as well. He's experienced and battle tested having gone through 4 seasons in the SEC West. I would like to have him however I don't think he would be a seismic addition. I also like Cam Ward, Conner Weigman, Seth Hennigan and I think Dante Moore would be a seismic addition. He certainly doesn't have the experience Rogers does but Moore is an elite QB prospect who has already seen a good amount of experience in his true freshman year. If Chip Kelly gets axed, I would love to grab Moore. The only potential downside to that is that Moore is still developing and may not give you what an older more experienced QB who has started multiple years might give you. Then again, Moore could explode on to the national scene and have his coming out party playing for Miami. You just don't know how these things are going to work out.

Here's another hypothetical scenario. Shannon Dawson takes another job leaving us in need of yet another OC. Chip Kelly gets fired at UCLA and Mario hires him as AHC/Offensive Coordinator. That gives Mario a guy who has been a head coach in college and in the NFL to not just construct a great offense here in Miami but it would give him someone who has a wealth of head coaching experience to lean on in terms of game day coaching decisions and game management. In addition to this, Dante Moore follows him here....... Whoa ok just got jolted awake by my head hitting the table! I must have dozed off there for a few minutes. I had the weirdest UM football dream. It has to do with..... Oh wait! Nevermind.

We should be able to get who we want with the online we have. Hopefully Lee stays another year if he's eligible. Gonna need someone to step up into Cohen spot. A feel a lot better this year going ending with a W and going into a bowl game. Hopefully Mario gets some help from other respected coaches on game management in these few weeks breaks.

I think we have different definitions of a statue . I didn’t watch him play this year but in previous years I watched him a good bit because I’m a Leach guy. He always moved decent to me. A statue doesn’t run a 4.8 imo. I would prefer a more athletic qb than this guy but when I think of a statue I think of the Mannings. Here’s a scouting report below just to show I wasn’t making stuff up about draft grades . I even think this one is a reach calling him athletic. I never said that , I just didn’t see some stiff statue on the 15-20 yard runs he’s made .
View attachment 267619
Yeah. I just have never seen him really threaten to leave the pocket hardly ever. And the stats over 4 years I think support that. He may get a random first down run every few games but it is rare. I would put him between Manning and Emory. Ha. But onward we go. I think we need better having watched him from stands for 4 years.

Advertisement
Back