Will people now admit that fattening up Duke slowed em down?

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
It was painfully obvious throughout the season that his long speed and short area burst were affected by the weight gain.

Now we have what can only be described as a disappointing/ schitty 40 time at the combine.

The truth is just the truth. That's all.

Advertisement
Its hard to make that argument when he had the best season of his career... However, he needed a better 40. I am really surprised he ran a 4.6.

Honestly when I look at all the top rbs in tth is years combine none of them blew you away with their 40 times

So at this point I think it's about the drills which he tested well in

And the film we all know dukes film is amazing ... The weight may actually help him in the long run be a little more durable
The kid was great at miami let's not nit-pick at him

He is no longer under the law of Folden and he can make choices that will help his career

Advertisement
I still think it's a good choice though. His second start was terrible too. Gordon ran 4.53, to Duke's 4.55. I don't think Duke is a first two day pick without the weight. I think if he'd stayed the way he was, he'd be on D'Anthony Thomas status, which isn't bad, but Duke now has a better chance at actually being a steady pro back.

Advertisement
It was painfully obvious throughout the season that his long speed and short area burst were affected by the weight gain.

Now we have what can only be described as a disappointing/ schitty 40 time at the combine.

I wonder what 40 time, a skinny, out of football due to injure, Duke would run?

something these idiots would love. they think bc he put on weight he sucks now. he owuldnt last at 190 pounds.

Duke was never that fast. He just had elite acceleration and quickness... He had to gain weight if he wanted to play in the NFL at rb and be successful. He was small his freshman season and will have a great career in the league because of the added weight. Duke was still plenty fast this year and in a matter of fact some of his longer runs were from this season. He showed a burst and was coming off of a an ankle injury

Advertisement

something these idiots would love. they think bc he put on weight he sucks now. he owuldnt last at 190 pounds.
This...

it's all about vision for duke. he sees the field better than anyone we've had in a long time. he was actually up to 205 at the beginning of the season the previous year too (although it did not hold).

Serious question, when did people think he was faster than this?

that dude got hawked from behind way too much for this to have been a surprise to anyone, and it didn't start this year. Very good college back, but elite long speed is something he has never had (since hitting the college level).

Advertisement
Duke needed the weight to be an every down back in the league.

He still has the sudden burst and agility needed to be a starter in the NFL.

He's a 4th round pick and a 3rd down NFL back and nothing that happens at the Combine will change that. Neg away. There's no point in being delusional though. Perryman on the other hand is going to be one of the steals of this Draft no matter where he goes.

Advertisement
Back