Will people now admit that fattening up Duke slowed em down?

Duke is now free of Al Golden's influence and probably left the hecht with this playing

[video=youtube;Nhtn3HROvgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhtn3HROvgA#t=271[/video]

Advertisement
Duke and Gio Bernard have almost identical numbers, and both are dynamic football players.
Not sure about his 40 time, just watch what he does in the NFL.

Emmitt Smith was 5'9" about 210 and never ran lower than 4.5. He shifted on a dime and was hard to tackle. He was a tough runner w great vision.

Not saying Duke is Emmitt but 40 isn't everything

Duke to Cowboys in 2nd round

Advertisement
Serious question, when did people think he was faster than this?

that dude got hawked from behind way too much for this to have been a surprise to anyone, and it didn't start this year. Very good college back, but elite long speed is something he has never had (since hitting the college level).
Exactly. I remember him getting caught from behind against FAMU a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Duke Johnson fan but I'm not sure where anyone got the idea that he had elite speed prior to last season. Putting on weight was not a bad thing for Duke.

Duke was the one who wanted to put on the weight.

You don't honestly believe that do you? That's like the people on here saying that Dukes latest comments about corch Gorlden are his true feelings.

:hunt_dog_lol:

Too much weight wayyyy to fast. His quick twitch couldn't keep up with that.

Last edited:

that dude got hawked from behind way too much for this to have been a surprise to anyone, and it didn't start this year. Very good college back, but elite long speed is something he has never had (since hitting the college level).

His frosh year he was CLEARLY faster and quicker than he was this last year. Just go watch some tape, your eyes will tell you everything. Not saying he was elite speedwise as a frosh but he was CLEARLY and obviously faster and quicker.

Advertisement

His frosh year he was CLEARLY faster and quicker than he was this last year. Just go watch some tape, your eyes will tell you everything. Not saying he was elite speedwise as a frosh but he was CLEARLY and obviously faster and quicker.

i dont think so plus he was always injured in years past

Emmitt Smith was 5'9" about 210 and never ran lower than 4.5. He shifted on a dime and was hard to tackle. He was a tough runner w great vision.

imagine the numbers barry sanders would have put up with emmitts offensive lines

Advertisement

imagine the numbers barry sanders would have put up with emmitts offensive lines

True. Just pointing out the times aren't everything.
Poster above that mentioned miller. I'd probably agree with.
Duke is a late second early third pick and could turn up being very goo in NfL.
Is take him over the Wisky RB.

Advertisement
4.54 is a good time for a RB. Plus the NFL is not a 20+ yard run league. Most backs don't get very many a season. The weight will help him imo.

It was painfully obvious throughout the season that his long speed and short area burst were affected by the weight gain.

Now we have what can only be described as a disappointing/ schitty 40 time at the combine.

The truth is just the truth. That's all.

you know this is the first season that Duke actually finished right? he needed the weight to take the hits because he is a grinder as a runner. his 40 time is who he is. i think he could have ran 4.5 max but Duke has quick acceleration. his on field drills were amazing.

It was painfully obvious throughout the season that his long speed and short area burst were affected by the weight gain.

Now we have what can only be described as a disappointing/ schitty 40 time at the combine.

The truth is just the truth. That's all.

you know this is the first season that Duke actually finished right? he needed the weight to take the hits because he is a grinder as a runner. his 40 time is who he is. i think he could have ran 4.5 max but Duke has quick acceleration. his on field drills were amazing.

So, is he slower now than as a frosh?

Advertisement
Back