Will Mallory expectations

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
What can we expect from a healthy Mallory as the lead TE?

I went back and looked at the seven games he played the last couple years without Brevin (Louisville, FIU, Duke, La Tech, Pitt, UVA, NC State). The results were surprising.

In those seven games, he had 410 yards (59 ypg). Extend that over a 12-game season and you have 703 yards. That would be the biggest number for a TE at Miami since Winslow's sophomore year.

Can Mallory make the leap to Mackey candidate? Or is he always going to struggle with durability and drops?

Advertisement
He's going to crush it (if healthy). They need to hit him on medium range throws and let him fly down the field.

He's been really underutilized his entire career so hopefully he finally gets his share of throws. I also want Lashlee to play more 2 TE sets with Arroyo/Mammarelli.

I could see him being deadly up
The seam because of his straight-line speed and size. Bet he gets 8+ chunk plays easily this year. He’s always been an effective RZ target.
I wouldn’t use him in the screen game at all - he’s just not very fluid.
I could see him around 42 for 600-700 7 TDS. High YPC.

Advertisement
What can we expect from a healthy Mallory as the lead TE?

I went back and looked at the seven games he played the last couple years without Brevin (Louisville, FIU, Duke, La Tech, Pitt, UVA, NC State). The results were surprising.

In those seven games, he had 410 yards (59 ypg). Extend that over a 12-game season and you have 703 yards. That would be the biggest number for a TE at Miami since Winslow's sophomore year.

Can Mallory make the leap to Mackey candidate? Or is he always going to struggle with durability and drops?
I recall thinking Mallory was a higher ceiling prospect than Jordan coming out of HS. No reason he can't put it all together.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He will be drafted in the first 3 rounds. I don’t overvalue our guys when projecting them to the NFL like you all but there’s a lot to like with Mallory. He’s not too good at selling his routes right now but he still gets some separation.

Advertisement
Imagine if Mallory get's in the swing of things. ****, you could argue that he was a way better deep threat than brevin, minus the YAC ability brevin had.

As for NFL potential, Mallory is well on his way to playing a role similar to Noah Fant of the Broncos. Not really used in-line, but has the ability.

Advertisement
Back