Will Duke Johnson finally overcome the BIG GAME hurdle?

Advertisement
Our OL gets overrated and they got their asses kicked in the games Duke struggled.

I am not confident at all in the Oline. Duke may get his big runs, but that is mostly him versus the line doing something good, kinda like how Barry Sanders had ****ty lines his whole career in Detroit.

As I wrote when I negged you, put down the crack pipe.
Duke is not Earl Campbell. He's also not running around behind the line of scrimmage juking 11 guys until he finds daylight.
For all the bashing of the o line, you forget that when Duke is going well, it starts with the o line winning the line of scrimmage.
His most recent 53 yard td the line drove their guys like 7 yards back. That guy Duke jumped over was somebody Feliciano chopped to the ground 10 yards down the field.

You don't rush for 300 yards if your o line sucks.

Like I said in the FSU thread, we'll crown FSU and UF players and be over critical of our own. He's a sophomore and he can't run and block for himself. It takes a collective effort on the offense for any of our players to show out! But, if our O-line and receivers do there jobs, I'm sure Duke will do what Duke does! Go Canes...

True freshman season and wasn't the primary back and people wanna bash. Lol tough to have a running game in those games like ND and KSU when they were blow outs and we had to throw to try and get back into it. Pretend like you watched the game

Love the young man...my favorite player on the team, but I have yet to really see him break out against the big time teams. I mean the big stage last year was FSU/KSU and ND...even though every game is a big game for us. If I recall correctly, it seems the Duke effect was neutralized. Now, a lot of it is with the O line, it just didn't fit in the title. If Duke is going to be a legitimate heisman contender and we start comparing him to the great UM running backs, I believe he has to do it in the big time games. Just my humble opinion. GO CANES!

Where do people come up with this crap... Wow. He is literally the best player on the team, probably the best on most teams around the country. Those teams slowed him down because the rest of the team failed to give him a fighting chance. Duke will make any defense look silly if he can get a little space to run. Stop the non-sense and look elsewhere!

Advertisement
Seriously?

He accounted for almost 50% of the 500 yards last week.

The question isn't whether Duke will pull his weight, but will the entire offense be a complete machine during a big time game.

This offense returns too many starters to step on their ****s.

Execution....execution....execution.....No excuse to come away with a lose this weekend.

Year 3....get the **** done

Many of our failed running plays are due to a break-down or missed block by one guy. I don't think our OL as a unit is bad.

Advertisement
Many of our failed running plays are due to a break-down or missed block by one guy. I don't think our OL as a unit is bad.

That's exactly the point. There are a bunch of talented individuals on that OLine and they cannot consistently get collective results. The sum of those guys has not yet produced to the level of what could be 2 first rounders and 2 mid rounders on the same line.

Lots of great points here. My apologies to anyone that was offended by my question, and I didn't expect some folks to take it as a personal attack. Duke played awesome, and I hope he has a great game against UF so everyone will know about how great he is.

My only concern with Duke is burnout.

Lol soft shouldered.

Why are people so worried about Duke "burning out?"

Dude barely gets touched & even when he does he's usually knocking piles forward and being pushed OOB.

I worry about him not touching the ball 30 times a game.

Advertisement
Muschamp compared Miami running back Duke Johnson to former Gator Chris Rainey.

did he really...well Al better say that driskel reminds him of Kirbt freeman...

What a fooking joke to say that

Yes here is more

Muschamp said offensive tackle D.J. Humphries has a sprained MCL but will be fine against Miami, Dominique Easley has the flu but will also be fine against Miami, Matt Jones will play against Miami as expected.
Muschamp compared Miami running back Duke Johnson to former Gator Chris Rainey.
Muschamp talked to the team this morning about the history of the rivalry and will continue to do so during the week.
Muschamp said the message about players keeping their emotions in check is similar to that of the Georgia and FSU game weeks.
Muschamp said linebacker Antonio Morrison has an innate skill set as far as reading plays quickly.
Muschamp said it’s huge for wide receivers like Trey Burton to know things the way their quarterback does.
Muschamp feels like fullback Hunter Joyer is fully back.
Muschamp says that the team deals with crowd noise every day, the hostile environment won’t bother them.

That's exactly the point. There are a bunch of talented individuals on that OLine and they cannot consistently get collective results. The sum of those guys has not yet produced to the level of what could be 2 first rounders and 2 mid rounders on the same line.

Can't argue this. I don't want to sit on my couch and pretend like it's so simple, but it seems a little obvious to me. It's been the one glaring WTF scenario since Golden has taken over.

Chris Rainey, huh? GTFOOH. Chris Rainey weighed 180 pounds going into the NFL. He almost always bounced things to the outside and rarely sought contact. That is a seriously offensive comparison, and I love it. Muschamp is that short-sighted, I guess.

In his only year with over 100 carries, he only averaged 5 yards a carry and got a whopping 2 TDs.
Duke's frosh season ****es on Chris Rainey's career.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's not even get in to the part about Rainey being a ****** human being as well

I bet UF crowds the line to try and take away Duke and force Morris to beat them. Duke will still get ini his 130 yards (rushing / receiving)

Excuses be damned, Duke is yet to torch a high quality opponent. Look at what Todd Gurley just did at Clemson. That's what we should expect from Duke on Saturday if he's as good as we all think he is.

Advertisement
Back