Why would Kiffin come here?

Lane knows what failure can do to your career and you think he’s coming to Miami for a tax break? Sh*t, he’s going exactly where he calculates gives him the best long-term prospects.
Myopic?? I threw in several factors that might intice him. But if you think that not having to pay state taxes on a multi million dollar deal is not a factor, I disagree. Also, people like Kiffin aren’t like Manny who plays not to lose…Kiffin has demonstrated that he has the cojones to come to the U and transform us into a champion caliber winning program again.

Advertisement
Wait…. So a coach doing well enough here to to take the next step in his career is a bad thing?
Of course not if he is doing a JJ or Dennis or even Butch type of job. He has a history of job jumping within 3 years. We shall see soon enough. If it is going to be Kiffin it would be entertaining. We better beef up our compliance office..lol.

That was the Beta James way. Tom Jurich would tout Kiffin's character after selecting him over fellow finalists Art Briles and Hugh Freeze.

Tom Jurich would hire Lane Kiffin as the head coach, Bobby Petrino as the OC, and Rex Ryan as the DC.

Pretty sure he'd keep TRob on staff to head up recruiting, if you know what I mean.

Advertisement
We always fall for the banana in the tailpipe. AD and HC hires will be like everything else that has surrounded this program for 20 yrs. Underwhelming.

Advertisement
Nah. I think I’m agreeing with you. Trying to figure out why people keep seeing Lane as a big risk but Mario as none, when they learned under the same dude in Bama…

I honestly think they are both risky to an extent, but I feel both of them represent SIGNIFICANT upgrades over the last 5 clowns we've had here.

I'm good with either guy, but I feel that Mario's way of building is going to require more patience from the fanbase. He's a guy that likes to play power football and we are honestly sporting a pretty pathetic depth chart , relatively speaking, on both lines right now.

Advertisement
Either would be good. Both different styles but I think could both win. Kiffin might be more entertaining but winning is all that matters and they both can. Mario just has more recruiting expertise and let’s be honest, he’s won the pac 12 two times going on 3.
Mario is 1A.

Advertisement
Nah. I think I’m agreeing with you. Trying to figure out why people keep seeing Lane as a big risk but Mario as none, when they learned under the same dude in Bama…
I think it’s a matter of what happened when the sun went down. The term “body count” meant something different to Lane than it did Mario.

Advertisement
Back