WHY would D King Return?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Let me be clear, D King returning is FANTASTIC for Hurricane O going into 2021. Good flr Greentree!!

Just as a thought exercise, WHY is he returning?

1) Get more film as QB to have chance at NFL?

2) Realizes he isnt playing in NFL (at any position), wants another shot at NCAA and then will go onto coaching?

3)?????

What say you???

Advertisement
How old is D King now??

Also, does this give TVD and Garcia mkre time to season like back in the good old days??

Does this hurt or help TVD?

Don't care, needed this bit of good news. He's a mobile QB that can give Bama issues. Now if he keeps working on the long ball and our WRs don't need another half a season to start catching the football, it only helps us.

Advertisement
Pretty well documented he wants to play QB, but I think the odds of that happening in the League are against him right now. His best bet is to probably to get another year of film, hopefully putting up huge numbers and hoping an offensive minded team takes a flyer on him in the first 3-4 rounds in 2022. I think he could carve out a niche on a good team the way Taysom Hill has with NO, and if QB1 goes down maybe he gets his shot.

Christ, imagine King in the backfield with Mahomes and all the other weapons KC has. Cot ****.

Advertisement
There are atleast 8 guys ahead of him on the board. This gives him one more year to master the read option. Only way he makes it in NFL is if he masters that.

Seems to be a combination of things.

King sincerely seems to enjoy being at the U.

Another year with Lashlee and the opportunity to put up some great tape.

Another year playing with his boys.

As he himself mentioned, the NFL will always be there but being the starting QB at Miami is special.

Put out some pretty bad film vs good defenses this year. Needs to prove he can be productive to have any shot at the nfl

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty well documented he wants to play QB, but I think the odds of that happening in the League are against him right now. His best bet is to probably to get another year of film, hopefully putting up huge numbers and hoping an offensive minded team takes a flyer on him in the first 3-4 rounds in 2022. I think he could carve out a niche on a good team the way Taysom Hill has with NO, and if QB1 goes down maybe he gets his shot.

Christ, imagine King in the backfield with Mahomes and all the other weapons KC has. Cot ****.
Taysom Hill is 6-3/6-4 and 240 lbs...not sure King could hold up playing like he does...

For me too many QBs ahead of him

next year it slims up with mostly Howell and I guess JT Daniels from Jawja?

he might F around and get drafted Day 2 which will put more coin in his pocket and keep him on the roster because of draft capital used

King looked like a different qb towards the end of the season with the deep passes. He was consistent on short passes all year, but it's the accuracy on passes down the field that will get him looked at as a serious NFL qb prospect.

Another season with Lashlee and chemistry with his receivers and he can still improve draft stock

Let me be clear, D King returning is FANTASTIC for Hurricane O going into 2021. Good flr Greentree!!

Just as a thought exercise, WHY is he returning?

1) Get more film as QB to have chance at NFL?

2) Realizes he isnt playing in NFL (at any position), wants another shot at NCAA and then will go onto coaching?

3)?????

What say you???
Next year is his best shot at football glory.

Advertisement
Back