WHY would D King Return?

Pretty well documented he wants to play QB, but I think the odds of that happening in the League are against him right now. His best bet is to probably to get another year of film, hopefully putting up huge numbers and hoping an offensive minded team takes a flyer on him in the first 3-4 rounds in 2022. I think he could carve out a niche on a good team the way Taysom Hill has with NO, and if QB1 goes down maybe he gets his shot.

Christ, imagine King in the backfield with Mahomes and all the other weapons KC has. Cot ****.
Agree, he needs more tools in his tool box, another year in this O upgrades his skill set. And, I see more NFL O’s adding rpo guys. Dolphs have two former Rpo QB’s that they run special plays with. King is better than both. He waits next year he’s drafted.

Advertisement
Let me be clear, D King returning is FANTASTIC for Hurricane O going into 2021. Good flr Greentree!!

Just as a thought exercise, WHY is he returning?

1) Get more film as QB to have chance at NFL?

2) Realizes he isnt playing in NFL (at any position), wants another shot at NCAA and then will go onto coaching?

3)?????

What say you???
#3 - Baxa’s girl!

Funny when you get a kid here who is not from Miami and doesn't have bad influences giving him bad advice for their own well being. This kid has a good head on his shoulders and understands the opportunity in front of him and the challenges of going to the league this year. Too bad someone like Kaaya didn't do the same.

1. He's a smart guy, unlike many players who have made the mistake of leaving early. He got a 4-6 grade, and not as a QB.
2. Next year, for the first time, he'll be in the same system 2 consecutive years.
3. He'll have a better chance to shine and show his ability with an older and improved OL
4. MOST IMPORTANT, HE'LL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR TO REFINE HIS ABILITY TO THROW THE BALL. FAR TOO MANY BAD, BAD, THROWS THIS YEAR, ESPECIALLY ON THE DEEP ROUTES.

Advertisement
How old is D King now??

Also, does this give TVD and Garcia mkre time to season like back in the good old days??

Does this hurt or help TVD?
Well we aren’t throwing TVD or Garcia our week 1 against Bama. So there’s that. Plus they can learn what it takes to be a leader in and off the field.

He's happy here and wants to apart of them to put MIAMI HURRICANES back on the map. He ain't selfish like some right now

Let me be clear, D King returning is FANTASTIC for Hurricane O going into 2021. Good flr Greentree!!

Just as a thought exercise, WHY is he returning?

1) Get more film as QB to have chance at NFL?

2) Realizes he isnt playing in NFL (at any position), wants another shot at NCAA and then will go onto coaching?

3)?????

What say you???
You answered your own question, this year draft is stacked with QB prospects and his draft grade is probably low he can comeback next year and actually go through an off season program , it will be the second year in lashlee system so he should be more comfortable, he has a chance to really be in the Hiesman talk next year , and hopefully he sill be able to put more film out because covid took away about 3 games.

Advertisement
Back