Why was A-Rod giving an inspirational speech to Bama?

Don’t worry, you can probably see it on CNBC at some point. A-Rod turned so corporate that he probably got paid to make a speech not realizing his alma mater was squaring off with them week 1. That or he wanted to impress (insert name of chick) after the JLO split.
He's not a UM alum...he's a Graduate of the University of Steroids....

Advertisement
Advertisement
He takes money from the University or Alabama. He gives money to the University of Miami. The guy literally donated $4 million to the baseball program.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
So former players or supporters of UM shouldnt ever give motivational speeches to other college teams? Thats silly. A-Rod has donated money to UM and I know he took classes at UM after his playing career. You guys are being petty.

I agree. Ray Lewis has made these kinds of speeches.

ARod is as big of a cane fan as there is. Before he was "ARod", he used to be a regular at baseball games at MLS and has always supported the school.

Isn’t he a BOT member? And I think A-Rod Corp also donated pretty big chunk of money to the Business school as well.

He’s a corporate guy and all but at least he puts his money where his mouth is. Cant hate him for that.

Advertisement
Coach Saban has had all kinds of people, from all walks of life coming in and talk to players about life since he's been at the program. Kobe Bryant to Mike Tyson, we just heard from Ernie Johnson and he's a huge Georgia fan. A-Rod came in and talked about the 2010 Yankees. He felt they were actually a better team but failed to repeat as world champions. Something coach Saban wants his players to understand. That it doesn't just happen. All of this phycology and motivation stuff by folks who have lived it is SOP at Alabama.
I'd ban you from this board just for using the term "Coach Saban". Pathetic.

Jimmy could've/would've won as many titles at Miami as Lil Nicky has at Baga and we'd still refer to him as Jimmy. Then again, this is a real city with actual pro teams and indoor plumbing so there was never a need to canonize the head coach and show constant "respect" to a midget because you're in a cult.

So former players or supporters of UM shouldnt ever give motivational speeches to other college teams? Thats silly. A-Rod has donated money to UM and I know he took classes at UM after his playing career. You guys are being petty.
He’s on the BOT…

Advertisement
I can’t believe that nonchalantness in here. Dude is on the BOT. If you owned a company y’all would let one of your board members give a speech at a rival company? Are you guys serious?

Hence the reason why he never played an inning at UM, but can you blame him?

he was the first overall pick yet he's a wallet chaser? lol

Far be it from me from being an ARod fan boy - the dude has changed night and day from what he used to be like - but let's all be real here.

Advertisement
Back