Why was A-Rod giving an inspirational speech to Bama?

Advertisement
Don’t worry, you can probably see it on CNBC at some point. A-Rod turned so corporate that he probably got paid to make a speech not realizing his alma mater was squaring off with them week 1. That or he wanted to impress (insert name of chick) after the JLO split.

Advertisement
Don’t worry, you can probably see it on CNBC at some point. A-Rod turned so corporate that he probably got paid to make a speech not realizing his alma mater was squaring off with them week 1. That or he wanted to impress (insert name of chick) after the JLO split.
I figure he must have made some money for it, despite the warm feelings Bama fans claim he has for that ****hole school. Bama probably has unlimited funds. I didn't even know he attended UM. I guess I forgot. I am no longer a big baseball fan so I really know little about him.

Does he really need Bama money? I guess he's a *****.

Advertisement
A-Rod is a brand. When Miami was good, parading J Lo around Hard Rock and showing up for Gameday picks was good publicity. If Miami was to win this game he’d be pictured throwing up the U all over the place. He goes where the wind blows and the money is offered.

Good call. He was supposed to go to the U and never enrolled.
He initially enrolled. He unenrolled literally right before class started because he signed with Mariners. If class had started, he would have had to stay and play college ball for a few years (or something like that.)

He’s a traitor though. Giving pep talks to our next opponent is unforgivable.

Advertisement
He gave a speech to the Bama players a few weeks ago. Has this already been discussed here? I thought he was a UM fan.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...Football-team-after-first-practice-168826615/

I searched for a discussion of it here. It seems a bit disloyal since I always thought he was a very tight Miami supporter.
Coach Saban has had all kinds of people, from all walks of life coming in and talk to players about life since he's been at the program. Kobe Bryant to Mike Tyson, we just heard from Ernie Johnson and he's a huge Georgia fan. A-Rod came in and talked about the 2010 Yankees. He felt they were actually a better team but failed to repeat as world champions. Something coach Saban wants his players to understand. That it doesn't just happen. All of this phycology and motivation stuff by folks who have lived it is SOP at Alabama.

Advertisement
Coach Saban has had all kinds of people, from all walks of life coming in and talk to players about life since he's been at the program. Kobe Bryant to Mike Tyson, we just heard from Ernie Johnson and he's a huge Georgia fan. A-Rod came in and talked about the 2010 Yankees. He felt they were actually a better team but failed to repeat as world champions. Something coach Saban wants his players to understand. That it doesn't just happen. All of this phycology and motivation stuff by folks who have lived it is SOP at Alabama.
What is “phycology”?

Advertisement
Back