Why Miami's D'Eriq King is poised to have a Joe Burrow-like impact for the Hurricanes in 2020

Advertisement
It had far more to do with his options. Heard a stat recently where, in 2018, LSU sent out 5WRs like 30% of the time. In 2019, that was over 80% of the time. It was a radical change at the very core of their philosophy. It fit Burrow well, as he's an older dude who apparently thinks quickly. Burrow has tools, but the scheme and fit made the largest differences. This wasn't "already brewing."
Dont know how it was taken out of context. I thought the last sentence would of made it clear. Even before season wanted to see what changes Brady made from jump when he was interviewed prior to season. LSU and USC were also stuck in pro style bro purgatory like us and made changes last year. Not sure how my comments were taken to diminish Brady's impact and complete turn around for their success when I have been highlighting it for awhile. We were saying the same thing was just mentioning there was a clear trend that Burrow got in late summer, started prior season slow and got more comfortable as season went along. Does that mean he was heisman joe in junior year, no, but was just making a comment. Both can be right at same time

Doesnt mean if they stayed with bro style offense it would of led to mega success without brady. I completely understand what core of philosophy that a turn to a true spread means brother, I been screaming it for year, lol.. The stuff people are just realizing are stuff many here have been trying to others to see and how left behind we were

It wasn't "brewing" at all. Burrow was in a completely new offense in 2019. Guys get fooled because Emsminger got to hang around and spectate because he's a good old boy. But that 2019 offense had no similarity to the 2018 offense. Burrow even said it himself.
I agree and was one of people on board during season trying to point it out. It was Brady's offense.

Dont know how it was taken out of context. I thought the last sentence would of made it clear. Even before season wanted to see what changes Brady made from jump when he was interviewed prior to season. LSU and USC were also stuck in pro style bro purgatory like us and made changes last year. Not sure how my comments were taken to diminish Brady's impact and complete turn around for their success when I have been highlighting it for awhile. We were saying the same thing was just mentioning there was a clear trend that Burrow got in late summer, started prior season slow and got more comfortable as season went along. Does that mean he was heisman joe in junior year, no, but was just making a comment. Both can be right at same time

Doesnt mean if they stayed with bro style offense it would of led to mega success without brady. I completely understand what core of philosophy that a turn to a true spread means brother, I been screaming it for year, lol.. The stuff people are just realizing are stuff many here have been trying to others to see and how left behind we were
got it. I interpreted your post as showing there was already an upward trend going into 2019.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back