Why Miami's D'Eriq King is poised to have a Joe Burrow-like impact for the Hurricanes in 2020

Dr.L.ThugU

Jb-canes-nc loves curry and **** ...and UNC

"To put it bluntly, Miami has been gosh-awful on offense. Like, so awful that Miami's time in the ACC these last 16 years has been marked mostly by not having a quarterback who could lead it to a championship.mWho knew Brock Berlin (2003 Big East champion!) could be missed so much?

Enter King, who not only saw a chance to start but to thrive. Lashlee is a veteran offensive mind at only 36. Already the Gus Malzahn protégé has won a national championship at Auburn as a graduate assistant in 2010 and played for one in 2013 as the Tigers' offensive coordinator.

"Seven years I was in the SEC," Lashlee reminded. "There's something about being on those stages. Places like Miami with the history they have here. It's 'The U.' I was not numb to what has been here, to what can be done."

Lashlee completed a successful two-year run at SMU by becoming a 2019 semifinalist for the Broyles Award (best assistant coach). Here's a hint of what Miami can become: The Mustangs finishing second nationally in plays per game (79.8) while running a play every 21.7 seconds"

Advertisement
Key Stat of King's:
when throwing the ball under 2.5 seconds, he's amazing. His numbers mirror most oklahoma QB's from the past few years.

when throwing the ball after 2.5 second, with pressure, he completed like 35% of his throws.

So, looks like the ball is coming out quick. And if he's pressured, let's assume he's taking off, and doing damage with is legs.

Key Stat of King's:
when throwing the ball under 2.5 seconds, he's amazing. His numbers mirror most oklahoma QB's from the past few years.

when throwing the ball after 2.5 second, with pressure, he completed like 35% of his throws.

So, looks like the ball is coming out quick. And if he's pressured, let's assume he's taking off, and doing damage with is legs.

Well, we'll impact this stat markedly. He won't have the chance to hold the ball 2.5 seconds because he'll certainly be sacked by then.

Advertisement

"To put it bluntly, Miami has been gosh-awful on offense. Like, so awful that Miami's time in the ACC these last 16 years has been marked mostly by not having a quarterback who could lead it to a championship.mWho knew Brock Berlin (2003 Big East champion!) could be missed so much?

Enter King, who not only saw a chance to start but to thrive. Lashlee is a veteran offensive mind at only 36. Already the Gus Malzahn protégé has won a national championship at Auburn as a graduate assistant in 2010 and played for one in 2013 as the Tigers' offensive coordinator.

"Seven years I was in the SEC," Lashlee reminded. "There's something about being on those stages. Places like Miami with the history they have here. It's 'The U.' I was not numb to what has been here, to what can be done."

Lashlee completed a successful two-year run at SMU by becoming a 2019 semifinalist for the Broyles Award (best assistant coach). Here's a hint of what Miami can become: The Mustangs finishing second nationally in plays per game (79.8) while running a play every 21.7 seconds"

2170.jpg

I will be happy if he has half of what Burrow did number wise last year. He will be playing against a soft schedule. LSU had really good receivers Miami does not have that kind of talent.

I will be happy if he has half of what Burrow did number wise last year. He will be playing against a soft schedule. LSU had really good receivers Miami does not have that kind of talent.

LSU had a ton of guys who hadn't done a thing going into last season. In 2018 Justin Jefferson was the only receiver on their entire roster with more than 25 catches.

We have more than enough talent on this roster at receiver. We just need smart, talented and accurate QB to get them the ball.

Advertisement
PPM.
Used to stand for Parts Per Million.

After this upcoming football season watching UM - it's changing to Passes Per Minute.

It starts getting near 10PPM - I'm worried about going cross-eyed . .

Advertisement
You do need some type of talent on outside to keep teams from loading up box and stopping kings legs.

You do.

We don’t have any first round NFL type receivers, but we should have enough to make the offense much better than last year. Whether it is guys that have already been here like Pope, or some of the newer guys, we should be able to find a couple to step up

Advertisement
And we're the team with a roster full of 4 and 5 star WRs who suddenly can't play. No talent. None.
Never said none. Lol.. But excuse me if I dont feel the warm and fuzzies with Harley being touted as a #1 WR threat. I think some guys cloud judgement because he is good team guy but he is a limited player at moment and what we have seen on the field. Hope for the best with the whole core tho, hopefully someone steps wayy up.

Advertisement
Back