Why Jarren Williams wont play this year

Consistent accuracy. Anticipation. Progression. He's our most natural QB & has a feel for the position the other guys don't. It is, however, looking more & more like Richt's inadequacy & stubbornness in his 'old school' ways will keep Jarren on the bench too long to save his prehistoric offense, the momentum that had been built, & the 2019 & 2020 classes.

He's 1-3 passing in his college career. You saw all of this in that one game he played a few snaps in?

My point was, Perry was "the guy" last year. Perry played in a few games this year and now Williams is "the guy". I'm as optimistic as the rest of us the Williams is the savior, but we won't know until he gets some extended playing time under his belt. Hopefully we're not seeing his first snaps against UF next year game 1.

Advertisement
He's 1-3 passing in his college career. You saw all of this in that one game he played a few snaps in?

My point was, Perry was "the guy" last year. Perry played in a few games this year and now Williams is "the guy". I'm as optimistic as the rest of us the Williams is the savior, but we won't know until he gets some extended playing time under his belt. Hopefully we're not seeing his first snaps against UF next year game 1.
High school film, spring game, the 3 attempts vs Savannah - did you actually watch them? I said it's gonna be Jarren before Kosi ever played a down. I figured he'd be starting by now but apparently overestimated Richt's level of intelligence.

Here's the thing. Iowa St. desperately needed a QUICK FIX at QB. So what does Iowa St. head coach Matt Campbell do? He starts a TRUE FRESHMEN- " 3-Star "- and the kid has now won THREE CONSECUTIVE games* against above-average conference competition. Go figure.

* @ OK ST., West Virginia and Texas Tech.

The kid will have a FOUR game winning streak after Iowa St. defeats LOWLY Kansas on the road this Saturday. So what was once a likely losing season for Iowa St has now become a possible winning season. With a TRUE FRESHMEN taking snaps. And one is telling moi that Perry or Williams are worst than this 3-Star Iowa St. QB.

A few problems with your argument
- Iowa State had 1 QB go down with an injury.... not like the coach decided to go with the 3rd string
- Guy #2 that got benched announced TODAY he was leaving the team "leaving Iowa State with Zero depth"

Look at what happened at Nebraska - Frost went with the True Frosh at QB - the other 2 QBs leave - Frosh gets hurt and they are playing their 4th string for a few games this year

It’s obvious that we are all very frustrated at the current state of the program. Some things we know and many others we are guessing on. Unfortunately, I see Richt sticking with Rosier the rest of the way.

I don’t personally know a fan who wants to see Rosier doing his thing behind center..not even for a couple of snaps. Just looking at that 12 lofting balloons makes me want to puke...I’ll have a bucket next to me Friday night.

He's going to play the last two games and the bowl game. For whatever reason Richt doesn't want to lose a year of eligibility on these kids. If they'e really good they're leaving after 2020 anyways. Might as well throw them in there and let them get experience for next year. These seniors are the Skid Mark's guys anyways. They're part of the problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back