Why Jarren Williams wont play this year

Advertisement
The guy who keeps going on about "best chance to win" has a better QB but is worried about a redshirt? Please.
Optics....thats all it is...optics.....we know along with the rest of the coaching community knows Malik can't play....but my guess is...Mark is completely out on Cade and Perry.....his only option is Williams....we are not going to the ACC championship game....so why not get bowl eligible first....then turn to Williams and not lose his redshirt...is just saying....

Optics....thats all it is...optics.....we know along with the rest of the coaching community knows Malik can't play....but my guess is...Mark is completely out on Cade and Perry.....his only option is Williams....we are not going to the ACC championship game....so why not get bowl eligible first....then turn to Williams and not lose his redshirt...is just saying....
because you are a competitor trying to win games? it is not rocket science to play your best option. look at clemson or bama.

If he's any good he's not staying a 5th year anyway.

Or if Williams looks like crap, Richt Jr will continue to be the black eye on this program that can't develop anything.

Advertisement
If a kid can play, play him.

Here's the thing. Iowa St. desperately needed a QUICK FIX at QB. So what does Iowa St. head coach Matt Campbell do? He starts a TRUE FRESHMEN- " 3-Star "- and the kid has now won THREE CONSECUTIVE games* against above-average conference competition. Go figure.

* @ OK ST., West Virginia and Texas Tech.

The kid will have a FOUR game winning streak after Iowa St. defeats LOWLY Kansas on the road this Saturday. So what was once a likely losing season for Iowa St has now become a possible winning season. With a TRUE FRESHMEN taking snaps. And one is telling moi that Perry or Williams are worst than this 3-Star Iowa St. QB.

because you are a competitor trying to win games? it is not rocket science to play your best option. look at clemson or bama.
Or...having Williams start the rest of the season without hurting his confidence....you get bowl eligible then turn to Jarren for the rest of the season with him knowing and preparing as THE starter without worrying about being pulled and you save his redshirt....

If he's any good he's not staying a 5th year anyway.
I get that....but why not at least try to make Jarren comfortable without the added pressure and constant looking over his shoulder because we are trying to win....

Williams is not the answer. The answer is a good OC. Until we get that, every QB we throw out there is going to look like crap. ****, I don’t want to see Williams again this year, because our current supply of OCs will ruin him before a real OC arrives.

Advertisement
Here's the thing. Iowa St. desperately needed a QUICK FIX at QB. So what does Iowa St. head coach Matt Campbell do? He starts a TRUE FRESHMEN- " 3-Star "- and the kid has now won THREE CONSECUTIVE games* against above-average conference competition. Go figure.

* @ OK ST., West Virginia and Texas Tech.

The kid will have a FOUR game winning streak after Iowa St. defeats LOWLY Kansas on the road this Saturday. So what was once a likely losing season for Iowa St has now become a possible winning season. With a TRUE FRESHMEN taking snaps. And one is telling moi that Perry or Williams are worst than this 3-Star Iowa St. QB.
At best what we have here is a failure of talent evaluation. Probably tho is a failure of coaching

I know you guys have been conditioned to believe there is some big string of logic behind things were doing, but there isn't.

The quarterback situation is exactly what it looks like, a cluster****.

Exactly. Everyone (well almost everyone) wanted Perry. We got Perry.

At halftime of the FSU game everyone was done with Perry. After the FSU game a good majority of the fans weren't still all in on Perry, but preferred him over Rosier.

Now we're back to Rosier and a lot of people are calling for Williams to play. What makes Williams any different than Perry? What has anyone seen out of Williams other than high school tape that makes you think he's ready? Is he just the next name on the chart?

If Williams somehow makes it into a game how short is the leash from Richt and how long until the fans are calling for Weldon?

At halftime of the FSU game everyone was done with Perry. After the FSU game a good majority of the fans weren't still all in on Perry, but preferred him over Rosier.

Now we're back to Rosier and a lot of people are calling for Williams to play. What makes Williams any different than Perry? What has anyone seen out of Williams other than high school tape that makes you think he's ready? Is he just the next name on the chart?

If Williams somehow makes it into a game how short is the leash from Richt and how long until the fans are calling for Weldon?

They heard some ppl that allegedly went to a practice say he was good now they want williams what a joke

Advertisement
I get that....but why not at least try to make Jarren comfortable without the added pressure and constant looking over his shoulder because we are trying to win....

I used to believe in bringing QBs along slowly, but I'm starting to change my mind. If he's not ready he's not ready, but I don't think a redshirt should be the reason not to play him

Kelly Bryant = Malik Rosier (with a better supporting cast and better playcalling). No point getting off the porch to chase that squirrel.

To be fair Rosier is Kelly Bryant lite. He is KB with an even ****tier arm, slower, reads a defense even worse, etc. They both suck, but Rosier is a whole new level of suck compared to KB.

Consistent accuracy. Anticipation. Progression. He's our most natural QB & has a feel for the position the other guys don't. It is, however, looking more & more like Richt's inadequacy & stubbornness in his 'old school' ways will keep Jarren on the bench too long to save his prehistoric offense, the momentum that had been built, & the 2019 & 2020 classes.

Advertisement
To be fair Rosier is Kelly Bryant lite. He is KB with an even ****tier arm, slower, reads a defense even worse, etc. They both suck, but Rosier is a whole new level of suck compared to KB.

Fair enough. KB is still a no for me. He’s not going anywhere that he’s not promised the starting job.

Richt is currently filing a petition with the NCAA to allow Rosier come back and play for a 6th year. Lethal Maturity

Advertisement
Back