Why isn't anyone pursuing Coley?

Free Shoes evidently thought keeping him wasn't worth promoting him.

From what I recall they were willing to match money, but not give him playcalling duties. Jimbo still wanted to call his own plays.

Advertisement
Dude can script the **** out first couple drives but after that it's meh. Doesn't seem to adjust well or have a feel for the game.

So far I'm unimpressed .

He also was considered for the Georgia OC job, but he loves it here and he and his wife are from Miami and have a house here.... he aint never leaving if he has the choice too....

2015 will be his last year in S FL, unless he becomes a Nix and coaches high school (which is probabale)

Advertisement
He's cuban why the **** would he want to leave s.fla

Like a puerto rican wanting to leave the bronx

Im curious if this is his offense or what golden wants, though FSUs routes and play calling are just as generic, hes gotta run spread to win in college

There were a couple twitter rumors floating out there. Supposedly Kentucky & UGA were interested. Has to be from his previous recruiting success that is now non-existent due to our failure of a head coach. God knows its not his dynamic play calling. This guy should be a position coach somewhere or recruiting coordinator. Miami isnt a job were you have on the job training and we have given this guy 3 years to try to learn to become an OC. Jimbo didn't teach him **** in Tally. Or Maybe Goldie really is micro managing the offense and WEfense and thats why this team is such a disaster.

Advertisement
Our offense been horrible. We go Full ****** on 3rd down . Lol there is a reason jimbo never let him call plays

Funny how it seems that there's this collective inferiority complex here.
If a coach is on staff here it's because he sucks and no one else wants him.
If a coach leaves for a better offer, suddenly he might be worth his salt and he (for sure!) is a smart rat jumping from a sinking ship.

I don't think we really know what Coley can or can't do as it has seemed as if he is expected to chew up the clock to prevent minutes for the bend don't break defense. Also, he's smart to stick with Kaya. A special quarterback can make his coach look brilliant - and Kaya just might do that for Coley.

Advertisement
He's holding out for the head corching job of the Oakland/San Antonio Raidahhhhhhs.

Advertisement
Funny how it seems that there's this collective inferiority complex here.
If a coach is on staff here it's because he sucks and no one else wants him.
If a coach leaves for a better offer, suddenly he might be worth his salt and he (for sure!) is a smart rat jumping from a sinking ship.

I don't think we really know what Coley can or can't do as it has seemed as if he is expected to chew up the clock to prevent minutes for the bend don't break defense. Also, he's smart to stick with Kaya. A special quarterback can make his coach look brilliant - and Kaya just might do that for Coley.

3rd year is usually the make or break year for coaches and coordinators. If he continues the same trend towards mediocrity as he has been the past two seasons, then we will definitely know he is as advertised. I'm not expecting much based on past performance.

I give him props for pulling Kaaya out of Cali and from the teeth of what look like to be better programs out there right now. If Kaaya continues to develop I think Coley is a keeper. I think there is a bit of a learning curve since he never was a play caller before now, but apparently a **** of a script maker/game planner at FSU. Then we also have the Golden factor that might be influencing his play calls to save his defense. I think this year will be a good year to really evaluate what Coley will bring to the table long-term.

dont think hes running exactly what he wants, as grohlden semi-admiited he intentionally slowed down the offensive tempo to help out the D, and also in Neb, GT, and PItt we were steamrolled into poor T.O.P., it felt all year like the offense had to be flawless

Advertisement
Back