Why is this fan base obsessed with Mario Cristobal?

It's definitely debatable. I think Richt's recruiting was only slightly better - not significantly. I think people really underestimate the effect "The Cloud" had on Golden's ability to recruit while he was here.

But you could say Golden's best year with with Shannons recruits. He won 9 games with Stephen Morris/Duke Johnson/Allen Hurns.

If Richt was coaching this year - could he have beaten teams like FIU, Duke, GT, and UNC to get to 10 wins with "his guys"? Definitely debatable - but not that far of a stretch.

QB's - Golden landed Kaaya, who went 6-7 as a Freshman on an offense that had Duke Johnson, Phillip Dorsett, and Ereck Flowers. So is Jarren Williams winning 6 games as a Freshman with Deejay Dallas, KJ Osborne, and Zion Williamson that much different?

TBH, Richt was probably a worse recruiter than either Shannon or Golden. Everybody seems to forget what a disaster the 2019 class was after the early signing period. If there’s one thing Diaz can be complimented for so far, it’s that he actually salvaged the class somewhat on the February signing day. The class finished #27, but I think it was somewhere in the 40s after the early signing period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back