Why is this fan base obsessed with Mario Cristobal?

Advertisement
Manny is a FSU grad and to be honest, as a staff they aren’t recruiting well. Manny, himself, is average as a recruiter.
He is not recruiting great..but of a 7-6 year then a 6-6 season and to have the class we have right that has stuck together throughout for the most part..then added Two quality pieces with a couple on the board still in play..I have to give him a lot of credit IF HE CLOSES

Because he played here, he's Cuban & coached at Bama.

That's pretty much it, if his name was Mario Johnson & had the same credentials no one would want him.

I think he's a solid coach, I don't think he'd turn Miami around & I've never been in favor of hiring him, he's obviously better than Diaz (which I mean who the fck isn't), but if people think he'd come here & do what he did at Oregon they're insane.

His success at Oregon is directly tied to the financial support they give their program, they actually care about football & are committed to winning, therefore they spend the money necessary in order to make it happen.

Miami doesn't even allocate enough funds to the football program for the recruiting budget, let alone spend the money necessary for a proper staff, Cristobal would fail here, not because he sucks, but because he wouldn't be able to overcome Miami's lack of effort from an administration standpoint, he wouldn't survive dealing with a program that simply isn't interested in turning Miami into a winning team.

Also most Canes fans are obsessed with filling the program with nothing but former Canes, they think anybody that's ever played or coached here is supposed to have an automatic spot available on the team & think they would recreate the 00's era, which of course is never going to happen.

Because he played here, he's Cuban & coached at Bama.

That's pretty much it, if his name was Mario Johnson & had the same credentials no one would want him.

I think he's a solid coach, I don't think he'd turn Miami around & I've never been in favor of hiring him, he's obviously better than Diaz (which I mean who the fck isn't), but if people think he'd come here & do what he did at Oregon they're insane.

His success at Oregon is directly tied to the financial support they give their program, they actually care about football & are committed to winning, therefore they spend the money necessary in order to make it happen.

Miami doesn't even allocate enough funds to the football program for the recruiting budget, let alone spend the money necessary for a proper staff, Cristobal would fail here, not because he sucks, but because he wouldn't be able to overcome Miami's lack of effort from an administration standpoint, he wouldn't survive dealing with a program that simply isn't interested in turning Miami into a winning team.

Also most Canes fans are obsessed with filling the program with nothing but former Canes, they think anybody that's ever played or coached here is supposed to have an automatic spot available on the team & think they would recreate the 00's era, which of course is never going to happen.
Oregon may be the best example in the country of a program that absolutely must spend $ to win. They have ZERO recruiting base in their backyard and must be able to recruit long distance and show off fancy digs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This will be the easiest explanation I will have today: Miami fans are obsessed with Cristobal because the typical Miami fan is a moron that doesn't pay attention to college football outside of the Miami bubble. It's the reason why Manny Diaz is the coach now, outside of Blake James being an incompetent idiot. Miami fans have this mistaken belief that only a "Miami Guy" can win here, when in reality, the coaches that have won at Miami have NEVER been truly Miami guys. Howard had been everywhere, Jimmy Johnson was a native Texan, Dennis Erickson was from the northwest, Butch Davis was from Arkansas. Instead of finding the best coach available, Miami fans reflexively reach for any coach with any tie to the glory days. It's irrational, and makes it easier for idiots like James to wuss out and make lazy, uninspired hires. As long as they can say "They are a Miami guy, hence why they were hired", they will have enough fans eating out of their hands to where they can get away with pure incompetence.

I was ****ed when Diaz was hired, because Miami could have had Bill Clark, they could have had a multitude of guys that would have been far better at getting the most out of the talent out on the roster. That anger has resided, not because Diaz is competent(he isn't), but because I know that even if he is fired, this fanbase will clamor for yet another tired Miami retread, and nothing will ever change.

Advertisement
He's a 9-10 win a year coach for better or worse. The roster he had at Oregon should of went 12-0 this season or at least 11-1

He's a 9-10 win coach with a NFL level QB, unlimited resources, and a weak conference. USC is down, Washington got killed by the injury bug, and Stanford is rebuilding. You don't lose to Herm Edwards with this Oregon squad. Period. Cristobal is a guy that cannot win unless he flat out talents the opposition, and he needs bottomless funds to recruit at the level he needs to.

Mario compared to manure is night and day. Mario actually played the fcuking game, won championships he definitely will command respect
Here it is right here for the novices here on the board that never played the game at a high level. Think about it this way at your job where you’ve worked your way from the bottom up and know everything there is to know about the job and then they go ahead and hire someone to be your boss that’s never even worked In the field before, a compete novice. You and I both know your not gonna give him true respect because he never earned it. That’s exactly what’s going on behind the scenes at Um when this kids are in there dorms, they’re making fun of Diaz nerdy ***! Basically saying this pu$$y wasn’t man enough to even play the game In highschool and this bum is our head coach. Smh never hire a head coach that didn’t atleast play the game at the college level if you want your team/players to respect him.

Last edited:
Many fans believe that it is important that Miami hires someone that knows the area, can recruit, and understands our culture. Oddly enough these same people don't support Manny Diaz.
Oddly enough Diaz Can’t Recruit and thinks our Culture is wearing chains and rings and dancing like fools when your losing. Oddly enough! Smh

Advertisement
Back