Why is Miami still so hated ?

Advertisement
Sounds good saying took down an historic or brand name program. Similar to the intensity or hatred the Yankees bring out in opposing teams & fan bases.

We’ve been pretty irrelevant for the last 17 or so years , but we still seem to be pretty hated all throughout college football more so than any other program.
Have some Oklahoma State fan running his mouth on twitter right now. They still mad over Jimmy?

In the 80's most people outside of South Florida thought Miami was a third world country run by drug cartels. How many still think it's a very dangerous city?

Advertisement
When you do something you weren't expected to and you do it loudly, embarrassing blue bloods in the process for nearly 30 years you become hated. And then we fall off and the fans of the aforementioned teams start rubbing our failures in our faces. Ultimately they envy our past success and they're scared ****less to see us reach that level again.

If you were around in the 80's and 90's you know why. Miami took college footballs girl and bragged about it... that type of hate never goes away.

We crashed the Blue Blood programs' party in the 80s, made the so-called pundits/experts look foolish in their evaluations and predictions, and rubbed the traditionalists wrong with our swagger. And, from the mid-80s to early 90s, won four NCs in close proximity (and should've won more). That'll make a lot of enemies.

This is a huge part.
Also, alot of people hated the city of Miami itself for non-sports related issues. Alot centering on bigotry but, to be fair, there was also some legit issues in Miami and South Florida in general which even the locals would acknowledge. Of course, some of this projected onto the UM.

Last edited:
The Miami Hurricanes were so much more than just football in the 80’s and 90’s:
  • Rap embraced the ‘Canes and vice-versa
  • Miami was a hotbed of money and style
  • Mix in a bit of bad boy attitude and the overturning the establishment vibe
  • We won with many different coaches
  • Villains tend to be remember FAR longer than heroes
  • Before cable was widespread, Miami was always on tv
All of this created a confluence of sports and style that, to me, will never happen again. We have cemented our brand in the college football lexicon. It was an amazing time. That being said….these days just win the games and I’ll be thrilled!!! Bring back the hate.

Advertisement
We’ve been pretty irrelevant for the last 17 or so years , but we still seem to be pretty hated all throughout college football more so than any other program.

Because the entire city is hated and it stretches across multiple sports and demographics.

The Heat are hated and folks even hate the dolphins.

My city is the cool kid in high school being hated by the kids that couldnt sit at the lunch table

This right here

And i wanna know who hates us so much lol? Everytime we have any smidgen of winning we get primetime slots, all the media is talking us up even if we aren’t that good.

I don’t think we are near as hated as we think, it may sound like hate to us because like memnon said we are delusional asf and haven’t been great in forever but still talk and think like we are lol

Who's gonna tell him?.

We get these slots because we pull fans and eyes ...BECAUSEEEEE...PPL WANT TO SEE US LOSE LOL

Because the entire city is hated and it stretches across multiple sports and demographics.

The Heat are hated and folks even hate the dolphins.

My city is the cool kid in high school being hated by the kids that couldnt sit at the lunch table
Born in Dade in 70, raised in Broward and living in Jax since 05 and this is absolutely the case

Who's gonna tell him?.

We get these slots because we pull fans and eyes ...BECAUSEEEEE...PPL WANT TO SEE US LOSE LOL
I think its the opposite, maybe other fans want to see us lose but the people in power want Miami to be great lol

Advertisement
In the 80's most people outside of South Florida thought Miami was a third world country run by drug cartels. How many still think it's a very dangerous city?
ALL OF THEM...

A YEAR AGO RUIZ WAS FUNDING OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM WITH BAILS OF COKE.

MEAN WHILE USC, TEXAS, FSU AND EVERYONE ELSE WERE PAYING NIL DEALS THE SAME EXACT WAY AND STILL DO..BUT THERE'S IS LEGIT.

THE CRAZY PART IS....IT WAS MOSTLY UF AND FSU FANS WITH THIS TONE AND WE HAD UNDERCOVER NOLE FANS ON HERE FEELING SORRY FOR HIM AND SAYING IT WILL BE BETTER FOR OUR RIVALRY FOR THEM TO BE WINNING GAMES....THEN THEY WENT ON TO B UNDEFEATED AND BEAT US 2 YEARS IN A ROW LOL

I think its the opposite, maybe other fans want to see us lose but the people in power want Miami to be great lol
WHY EXACTLY WOULD THAT BE? AND WHO ARE THE PPL IN POWER THAT WOULD?.

WE JUST SAW THE PPL IN POWER NOT WANT TO SEE FSU BE GREAT LOL

They hated us yesteryear b/c we crashed the party w/o invite, & ate the fat kid’s cake & told them to sit in the corner and shut up.

They hate us today b/c we’re constantly losing ppl money on easy bet lines. Lol

Advertisement
WHY EXACTLY WOULD THAT BE? AND WHO ARE THE PPL IN POWER THAT WOULD?.

WE JUST SAW THE PPL IN POWER NOT WANT TO SEE FSU BE GREAT LOL
The networks put miami in prime slots on the main channels this year even after we had bad losses and the season was basically over. They did it because they want us to be good, they know we bring eyes so thats why im saying who hates us? Are we just talking about other fanbases? Who hates us so much? I think we just delusional bruh,we definitely have haters but its not near as much as we think

And the fsu **** isn’t comparable to this, there qb got hurt it’s really that simple. They didn’t want to have a bye week in the playoffs like other years.

I feel like some fans just love to feel like the team is hated because that's how it apparently was back in the "bad boys" Miami days. They want to be the edgy guy who roots for the bad guys. In reality, there's a lot of apathy towards the team since Miami hasn't done **** this century other than those early 2000s teams

Advertisement
Back