Why is Miami still so hated ?

College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
The envious Brent Musberger started the hatred ball rolling... now the envy may only be because of our weather and beaches.

Because the U was way ahead of it's time and it scared the **** out of the good ol' boys and their traditional blue blood asses. How dare the newcomer hang 58 on the mighty Irish in Gerry Faust's last game. Kids hear grampa talk about it and how terrible it was and how we were nothing but gang members in pads. It gets passed down generation to generation now. Just wait till we're back on top, death threats at the U and it's fans will flow on twitter guaranteed.

Advertisement
I always think back to the 30 for 30. "They called us thugs!" Later in episode, "I grabbed my piece and went to the club." and players robbing people with stalkings on their head because "it's what we had to do." Couple that with celebrating and winning and it's easy to see the hate.

is this why you hate the Hurricanes?

Last edited:
1. Our arrogance doesn't match our output

2. We have the most delusional fanbase in America

3. We're a tragic comedy of errors every season
This right here

And i wanna know who hates us so much lol? Everytime we have any smidgen of winning we get primetime slots, all the media is talking us up even if we aren’t that good.

I don’t think we are near as hated as we think, it may sound like hate to us because like memnon said we are delusional asf and haven’t been great in forever but still talk and think like we are lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t care if teams hate. Nobody hates losers. I do get ****ed when fans use 30 year old stereotypes about Miami players being “thugs” which is garbage because for the most part our kids have been pretty good by football team standards.

We crashed the Blue Blood programs' party in the 80s, made the so-called pundits/experts look foolish in their evaluations and predictions, and rubbed the traditionalists wrong with our swagger. And, from the mid-80s to early 90s, won four NCs in close proximity (and should've won more). That'll make a lot of enemies.

Advertisement
We fed on all the old establishment teams all Michigan ( that still never recovered from or 4th quarter come from behind win) after that win on there turf they canceled come to the OB the next year.
We did this to EVERYONE whom were hailed as SUPER POWERS we TRASHED them all.

IT LEFT AN MARK THAT THEY CAN NEVER REMOVE.

Ooooh dancing on there team emblem at the 50 yard line with pelvic thrusts also played a partI might add

We did it with A PASSION that CFB never saw before and to this day NO TEAM can duplicate the CARNAGE we left behind as we HIKED OUR LEG PEED AND LEFT.

OH THE SWEET LOVELY MEMORIES

GOCANES

There is ONLY ONE team we respected and still do to this day and they are UCLA .
They came to the OB during terrible conditions we gave them a chance to cancel.
UCLA said we committed to play you we will come Honor our commitment.

The Edge ran for 235 yards we trashed UCLA but they earned our RESPECT, they did NOT have to and we totally understood.

Only UCLA has earned our RESPECT to this day.

Any old folks remember , help an old man out here ?

GOCANES

Because we WERE the worst kind of “outsiders”. We were the pirates of old. We weren’t invited into their little club, we kicked in the door of their club and the college football world, We won fast, we won big, and we talked a lot of **** along the way. We were Bama, with style. The older people have not forgiven or forgotten, and let bygones be bygones. From there, its passed down to their kids. Then u throw in an arrogant fan base that still have that bravado and swagger of the teams from yesteryear, and there u have it. Don’t fool yourself, bruh, we ain’t **** right now, on the football field, but we still get hate from fans of other teams. Our team lost it’s edge…. It’s more than safe to say that our fans have NEVER lost that edge. Everywhere I go with my U paraphernalia on, people either throw up a U, start a conversation (finding some kinda way to chalk up our past successes as us having a team full of thugs, lol), or quickly turn away like I'm gonna cuss em out or something. Let us start winning again, you’ll see. The hate is still there.

Advertisement
This right here

And i wanna know who hates us so much lol? Everytime we have any smidgen of winning we get primetime slots, all the media is talking us up even if we aren’t that good.

I don’t think we are near as hated as we think, it may sound like hate to us because like memnon said we are delusional asf and haven’t been great in forever but still talk and think like we are lol
Think he means other fan bases. And majority of other fans do talk dog shít about Miami whenever Miami is brought up. A lot of does have to do with our fans tho being delusional I think that ****es them off more lol

We’ve been pretty irrelevant for the last 17 or so years , but we still seem to be pretty hated all throughout college football more so than any other program.

20 years of kicking everybody a$$ will do that. The younger generation might look at us and not see the big deal but their dads, uncles, grandpas will forever hold that hatred.

Advertisement
Back