Why is Miami still so hated ?

Advertisement
Honestly not Mitch hate except from the rivals these days. Maybe recruiting hate. Mostly irrelevant.

The hate on us is similar to how non-ND rivals hate them. Bunch of fans talking about stuff long before the players were born. Acting like they invented our were the first to do every little thing.

I see why they have us. They ain't us.

SmartSelect_20231208_162733_Video Player.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because we ain’t part of the “clique” or “blue bloods” or whatever you want to call it. Never have been, and never will be. Instead of being concerned with it, or worrying about it…relish it. We are the outcasts of college football, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We’ve been pretty irrelevant for the last 17 or so years , but we still seem to be pretty hated all throughout college football more so than any other program.

We arrived late to the party...then DOMINATED the conversation for 20 years...and now everyone is happy to see us locked out for another 20 years.

Payback is coming. Karma is a *****.

Advertisement
You can be irrelevant and still present as the same obnoxious caricature that got you hated in the first place.

Exhibit 1: Turnover chain. That is the kind of cheesy, over-the-top **** that reminds people why they hated us. Just a little pathetic because it has all been facade lately.

Advertisement
I always think back to the 30 for 30. "They called us thugs!" Later in episode, "I grabbed my piece and went to the club." and players robbing people with stalkings on their head because "it's what we had to do." Couple that with celebrating and winning and it's easy to see the hate.

Advertisement
Back