Why is Manny Navarro trashing UM?

Advertisement
In all seriousness, why do we not just revoke his access (along with a couple of others like Frank Tucker)?
Manny covered HS when I was in HS down here. hes been in and around the market forever. hes not some sort of insider, but UM isnt gonna revoke access to the Athletic. he just happened to luck into that role for them. he isnt talented enough to get off a low level college beat like the others did before him so hes just kinda stuck. covering a local college team is cool when youre young but you always aspire to cover a pro team. I think he was on the heat beat for a min but got moved around.

Advertisement
He's just parroting what UM is telling him. Dan Radakovich earlier this week on WQAM, "We don't have an invite from any other conference. Every wedding I've ever been to, I remember getting an invitation. You don't just show up."

On the one hand, anyone with common sense knows better than to think Miami wouldn't have a landing spot, on the other hand how can you blame a guy for taking you at your word when this is the message your AD is literallly putting out there to the media?

This is the messaging Miami WANTS. I much prefer the FSU approach of not moving in silence but Miami is gonna handle things the way Miami handles things - they'll either succeed or fail very quietly without feeling the need to involve the people who they will of course be coming to later, hat in hand, asking for money for various things.

It's the way Miami rolls.

He's just parroting what UM is telling him. Dan Radakovich earlier this week on WQAM, "We don't have an invite from any other conference. Every wedding I've ever been to, I remember getting an invitation. You don't just show up."

On the one hand, anyone with common sense knows better than to think Miami wouldn't have a landing spot, on the other hand how can you blame a guy for taking you at your word when this is the message your AD is literallly putting out there to the media?

This is the messaging Miami WANTS. I much prefer the FSU approach of not moving in silence but Miami is gonna handle things the way Miami handles things - they'll either succeed or fail very quietly without feeling the need to involve the people who they will of course be coming to later, hat in hand, asking for money for various things.

he did the same w the Manny stuff too. Manny isnt going anywhere. people dont get that some reporters are used by the school or team to be their PR piece. the heat do this w a few of the reporters all the time. they intentionally feed them stuff so they report it as a way to send a message publicly.

Advertisement
he did the same w the Manny stuff too. Manny isnt going anywhere. people dont get that some reporters are used by the school or team to be their PR piece. the heat do this w a few of the reporters all the time. they intentionally feed them stuff so they report it as a way to send a message publicly.

Exactly. I don't blame people for reacting the way they are reacting. If I didn't know that Miami purposely was putting this message out there, I would react that way too. But Manny Navarro is just being a parrot. He's literally just paraphrasing what our own AD told the media a few days ago. Everybody is just shooting the messenger.

Exactly. I don't blame people for reacting the way they are reacting. If I didn't know that Miami purposely was putting this message out there, I would react that way too. But Manny Navarro is just being a parrot. He's literally just paraphrasing what our own AD told the media a few days ago. Everybody is just shooting the messenger.
im sure miami is sending that message out there given the conference backlash FSU is currently getting.

Advertisement

Has Clemson been openly talking about needing to leave the ACC? Did Texas or Oklahoma openly announce they wanted to join the SEC? Or USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

Until someone finds a way to break the ACC's GOR - FSU, Clemson, and Miami are stuck.

Advertisement
His job is to generate hits and to get people talking about what he's said. It doesn't have to be right or wrong in today's media world. Judging by this thread, mission accomplished.

Has there been any proof that the BIG or SEC are even thinking about Miami? I haven't seen one reliable piece of info, but could very well be wrong. The most Miami thing would be to get left behind. We can't have nice things anymore.
Hey Fat Manny, your username is invalid

I don't think you can find a more hostile media towards the hometown college team that you have in Miami.
miami isnt a college town. thats the biggest diff. the herald or any outlet doesn't have to suck up to a college team in a market with five major teams.it may alienate like 7 people from their total clicks because people will still give them clicks for pro team coverage

Advertisement
Back