Why is Manny Navarro trashing UM?

Advertisement
This is the same thing I got killed for saying last year just in different ways. I personally believe Miami’s brand could carry them in any conference but in almost every way except the most important one which is financially, they’re an afterthought. But finances matter so hey. But before Mario got hired I would argue we were closer to a tier 3 program than a 2. His hire pushed us up alongside the other commitments he demanded

I think your typical CFB fan does not think much of the Miami brand. They think it's not even a top 25 brand (and hey, I can't blame them). But, network execs know, we know, that when Miami is winning, they are an incredible TV draw - the very best. So, what other "finances" do they need to bring to the table for a conference besides the ability to generate TV revenue?

I think your typical CFB fan does not think much of the Miami brand. They think it's not even a top 25 brand (and hey, I can't blame them). But, network execs know, we know, that when Miami is winning, they are an incredible TV draw - the very best. So, what other "finances" do they need to bring to the table for a conference besides the ability to generate TV revenue?
That’s where they typically lose me. Because no matter how bad Miami is.. they will generate revenue

Advertisement
It doesn't seem like Miami is high on the list for the B10 or SEC. The Canes are rarely mentioned, so we better hope there's some secret backroom dealing going on or we very well may be left out of the soon to be Power 2
Neither conference is speaking on teams they want. It's all teams who want out of their current deal with no way out like FSU spreading false info. Meanwhile Miami keeping their stuff quiet.

You said fan so that should tell you everything. Miami is hated by majority of fanbases. Money talks tho and the people running the show knows a strong Miami is good for business. **** even a weak one is.

Advertisement
Lose Ace Ventura GIF

100%. Even the basketball program drew a large TV audience during the tournament. Miami is a national brand in a huge TV market.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back