Why is Manny Navarro trashing UM?

Advertisement
Advertisement
miami isnt a college town. thats the biggest diff. the herald or any outlet doesn't have to suck up to a college team in a market with five major teams.it may alienate like 7 people from their total clicks because people will still give them clicks for pro team coverage
Dead on, and unlike most college teams none of the local writers have ties to the school, they went somewhere else and likely got their *** kicked by Miami back in the day.

Help me understand how people don't grasp the fact that Miami's recent history on the football field is almost irrelevant to the conversation.
When Miami goes to say, Iowa, you don't think that place is going to be packed?
Same as a program like UCLA or Nebraska, they have names/brands that people want to see.
FFS MTSU put the score of their game on their bowl/conference rings, they don't care that we sucked.

Last edited:
I know somebody that gives Manny info lol. He’s a joke.
You know what's going on.

Manny posted this to stir the pot. My guess is that the Current staff figured out that he got leaks from the Previous Staff and the Current Staff probably doesn't trust him all that much. Just a hunch.

It doesn't seem like Miami is high on the list for the B10 or SEC. The Canes are rarely mentioned, so we better hope there's some secret backroom dealing going on or we very well may be left out of the soon to be Powe
Neither conference is speaking on teams they want. It's all teams who want out of their current deal with no way out like FSU spreading false info. Meanwhile Miami keeping their stuff quiet.
still think folks who do not know are talking, folks who do know are not talking

Advertisement
You know what's going on.

Manny posted this to stir the pot. My guess is that the Current staff figured out that he got leaks from the Previous Staff and the Current Staff probably doesn't trust him all that much. Just a hunch.
agree he was a huge Diaz guy, must be their FSU connection

still think folks who do not know are talking, folks who do know are not talking
Hopefully for us that's true, but Oregon and Washington have been in the news for a while and today they're joining the Big 10. Miami has rarely been mentioned and this administration sure hasn't earned our trust...just look at the baseball coach hire

Hopefully for us that's true, but Oregon and Washington have been in the news for a while and today they're joining the Big 10. Miami has rarely been mentioned and this administration sure hasn't earned our trust...just look at the baseball coach hire
I have to have trust in Radokovich and his plan. cannot believe we have finally decided to invest and spend on program and not have a seat at the table ? thats what 20 years of inattention and no investment might cost us........a seat at the table

I honestly havent been paying much attention to it besides the alerts when teams leaving are announced. Are there any reliable reports of any of the other ACC teams being offered a spot anywhere or is it just speculation on “if the ACC were to dissolve, X school would be wanted by this conference.”

Advertisement
He's just parroting what UM is telling him. Dan Radakovich earlier this week on WQAM, "We don't have an invite from any other conference. Every wedding I've ever been to, I remember getting an invitation. You don't just show up."

Garth Brooks has more testicular fortitude than Dan R.

I have to have trust in Radokovich and his plan. cannot believe we have finally decided to invest and spend on program and not have a seat at the table ? thats what 20 years of inattention and no investment might cost us........a seat at the table
Based on UM's ineptitude the past 20 years, I just can't trust them right now. I truly hope there are some behind the scenes negotiations going on like with USC and UCLA, but Rad's decision on the baseball coach, albeit not as important as conference realignment, doesn't impart much confidence IMO

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back