Why is Larry Coker being admitted to the Hall of Fame?

Should Coker be let into the Miami Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 44.3%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Actually, he was robbed of a shot at it in 2000. We were #2 in every poll. Also, how the **** was he going to win a title before 2000? You do remember the scholarship restrictions, right? 35 scholarships down and he still built that team to where it could win and compete for titles from 2000 to 2002. Every single one of those kids were Butch Davis recruits. For the love of God, even players have said Coker did nothing. He stayed out of the way and let Butch's players play. That was fine for a year, almost two, but the further away we got from Butch's players, the worse we got. Coincidence? Really? Had Butch stayed, there's little doubt in my mind we'd have kept winning. We did beat #1 in FSU that year. Also VT, which was ranked quite highly. Then we curb stomped a quality UF team, under Butch.

Let me ask you a simple question. Had Larry Coker been hired in 1995 and had 35 scholarships taken away, how would the team have turned out?

Thomas I know the history just as you do. I even understand why you're so upset.

But in most jobs and undertakings in life your actual results are what you're judged on...NOT maybe's, or coulda's, woulda's, shouda's.

I give you that Butch has plenty of maybe's, coulda, shoulda and woulda's...but they mean nothing. He coulda stayed but he didn't

Playing that "WHAT IF" game cannot be proven one way or another no matter whatever side you're on. Maybe he coulda, woulda, shoulda, who knows? We certainly don't. All we know is he left us without doing so and you only get credit for what you actually do.

So what counts is what actually happened

Bottom line....Butch NEVER did win it all.

I'm sure we both agree on that

Last edited:
Stating Butch would have continued winning at the highest level indefinitely is a gigantic assumption. Aside from Saban, who is an all time great with every possible resource at his disposal, no coach has been able to do what many automatically assume Butch would have.

Stating Butch would have continued winning at the highest level indefinitely is a gigantic assumption. Aside from Saban, who is an all time great with every possible resource at his disposal, no coach has been able to do what many automatically assume Butch would have.
S
Thomas I know the history just as you do. I even understand why you're so upset.

But in most jobs and undertakings in life your actual results are what you're judged on...NOT maybe's, or coulda's, woulda's, shouda's.

I give you that Butch has plenty of maybe's, coulda, shoulda and woulda's...but they mean nothing. He coulda stayed but he didn't

Playing that "WHAT IF" game cannot be proven one way or another no matter whatever side you're on. Maybe he coulda, woulda, shoulda, who knows? We certainly don't. All we know is he left us without doing so and you only get credit for what you actually do.

So what counts is what actually happened

Bottom line....Butch NEVER did win it all.

I'm sure we both agree on that
I'm done. Larry Coker SUCKED and was FIRED FOR IT. I'm done arguing with you, Mrs. Coker.

S

I'm done. Larry Coker SUCKED and was FIRED FOR IT. I'm done arguing with you, Mrs. Coker.

Haha!! Good to hear!!!

Seems "Mrs Coker" made your Butt hurt & handed you your ***! Shame you had to go the insult route, thought you had more class than that.

Well, Its hard to argue facts when you have zilch ....except Butch shoulda, woulda, coulda! ...against someone who actually did the deed.

In truth, you should've been done with this long long time ago.

Its like Larry stole your dog or woman or both. So yes please give it a rest

Bye and remember that ....We only honor those who actually won the Championships here at Miami. Not those that "might" have

Last edited:
Advertisement
Many people hate Butch Davis the God because of me. I'll take the blame.

He was the 3rd best coach we ever had here behind Schnelly and Jimmy.

Haters will always hate it because they ain't it.

I’m not a Butch hater by any stretch, but I am a Butch realist.

I think you saying Butch was our third best coach behind Schnells and JJ is a reasonable take and even though some might argue Erickson and his 2 NC’s as number 3 and they’d have a point, Erickson was a really poor recruiter and disciplinarian, so those work against him.

In any case, I although I may not worship Butch openly like others do, there’s no denying - he saved the program and brought it back from near extinction when absolutely nobody wanted to touch it. Nobody wanted to come coach at Miami. Fūcking Sonny Lubick wouldn’t leave Colorado State for Miami - that’s how toxic it was.

Butch had his faults, and I’m glad we got Richt, but Butch saved this program and brought it back to prominence when it had 9 toes in the grave.

But Patruno was fired after his dementia set in. I'm not even sure he knew he was fired when he gave that post-firing speech outside his house. He was talking about there was so much "we" need to do. Something not right there.

Coker is definitely way pre-. Same with most of the others, even Bowden. Bowden's biggest issue was age spots and getting confused about his son being fired on eBay. When an old guy experiences computer confusion or high tech blackout it doesn't equate to dementia. It's just normal senior confusion and lack of familiarity with technology. It's more acute with social media.

It could even be low blood sugar.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So was Tom Landry another NFL HOF coach.
Tom Landry and Don Shula both built their teams from nothing into Super Bowl teams. 30+ years of coaching, multiple Super Bowl appearances, building teams from scratch... Yeah, sort of a different situation. Coker got the keys to a race car with a 10 lap lead, drove one lap, took a checkered flag, then drove the car into the wall.

Advertisement
Only one of the four was fired for destroying the program. I'll let you guess which one.
You could argue that Dennis would have been had he not left for NFL. St Bobby got fired also. You could also argue that he performance was equal to JJ's -- only one NC with the talent to have won 4. We should take great pride in the fact that we have won NC with all time great coaches, drunks and chumps. My point it that Miami is all about winning those titles and he has one of them. If Golden had won one, he would still have been a horrible coach but he goes in too.

Do you turn down the hottest chick in town just because she is a one night stand and she will be the only one you ever score? Heck, no you band the crap out of her, snap pictures of her and brag about it the rest of your life. That 5th NC is one of our many hot chicks. Don't defame it by complaining she was gone in the morning. What other program won a NC with such a crappy coach? What program could have? The real question is should Butch go in with him as a team.

You could argue that Dennis would have been had he not left for NFL. St Bobby got fired also. You could also argue that he performance was equal to JJ's -- only one NC with the talent to have won 4. We should take great pride in the fact that we have won NC with all time great coaches, drunks and chumps. My point it that Miami is all about winning those titles and he has one of them. If Golden had won one, he would still have been a horrible coach but he goes in too.

Do you turn down the hottest chick in town just because she is a one night stand and she will be the only one you ever score? Heck, no you band the crap out of her, snap pictures of her and brag about it the rest of your life. That 5th NC is one of our many hot chicks. Don't defame it by complaining she was gone in the morning. What other program won a NC with such a crappy coach? What program could have? The real question is should Butch go in with him as a team.
Do you sleep with her knowing she’s going to give you a decade long battle with STDs?

Advertisement
Clappy didn't win two, Dennis did. You drunk?

You’re a little late on this, that was like a week ago.

But to answer your question, no I’m not drunk, maybe you are.

When you see canes fan referrring to a second ship with respect to that 2002 team, if you don’t know what they mean, I don’t know what to tell you. It’s commonly referred to that way. Are you following me? The late flag? The robbery in the desert? That’s how I took it when he said “two”.

You’re a little late on this, that was like a week ago.

But to answer your question, no I’m not drunk, maybe you are.

When you see canes fan referrring to a second ship with respect to that 2002 team, if you don’t know what they mean, I don’t know what to tell you. It’s commonly referred to that way. Are you following me? The late flag? The robbery in the desert? That’s how I took it when he said “two”.
And if officials get some other calls right, it never comes down to that flag and we lose in regulation. Sucks, but it's true.

And if officials get some other calls right, it never comes down to that flag and we lose in regulation. Sucks, but it's true.

Who asked you?

You’re clearly missing my point, I’m not arguing the merits of saying this. I was just responding to a message as to why I didn’t correct someone for saying he had 2 NC’s - my point being that canes fanes do this all the time, no matter the merits. I didn’t feel the need to correct another poster, I knew what he meant.

But you’ve turned into such a fūcking bleeding ****** on this Larry Coker issue that know you’re jumping in and using OSUck arguments to justify their NC. Look at yourself, you’re pimping the Buckeyes.

You’re normally a decent poster, but have turned into a whining snowflake ***** on this issue. Take a step back. It’s time to re-evaluate when you start pumping up Ohio State and downing the canes to make a point.

Who asked you?

You’re clearly missing my point, I’m not arguing the merits of saying this. I was just responding to a message as to why I didn’t correct someone for saying he had 2 NC’s - my point being that canes fanes do this all the time, no matter the merits. I didn’t feel the need to correct another poster, I knew what he meant.

But you’ve turned into such a fūcking bleeding ****** on this Larry Coker issue that know you’re jumping in and using OSUck arguments to justify their NC. Look at yourself, you’re pimping the Buckeyes.

You’re normally a decent poster, but have turned into a whining snowflake ***** on this issue. Take a step back. It’s time to re-evaluate when you start pumping up Ohio State and downing the canes to make a point.

You're defending a loser that was fired for ineptitude, but I'M the whining snowflake? Get a **** grip, child.

Advertisement
Back