Why is GR15 constantly disrespected?

"Miami’s pass rush was its greatest strength last year, and that’ll likely be the case once again with Roche on the roster (yes, Gregory Rousseau is not on this list — don’t trust the sack numbers that are unstable year-to-year)."

Direct quote from the article that tells you why he isn't on there. People need to stop with the conspiracy against Miami BS
What does that even mean? So they trust kayvon thibodeaxu sack numbers? I mean he was just a true freshman. Doesn’t make any sense tbh

Advertisement
What does that even mean? So they trust kayvon thibodeaxu sack numbers? I mean he was just a true freshman. Doesn’t make any sense tbh

Maybe they are factoring one being a True Freshman and the other Redshirt Freshman. I don't know. Can't speak for the site. Just dont buy the "they hate miami conspiracy"

"Miami’s pass rush was its greatest strength last year, and that’ll likely be the case once again with Roche on the roster (yes, Gregory Rousseau is not on this list — don’t trust the sack numbers that are unstable year-to-year)."

Direct quote from the article that tells you why he isn't on there. People need to stop with the conspiracy against Miami BS
Yeah, we all want to see more than one season from GR, but to think he's not a top 25 DE because he simply has had one great year is mind numbing when you consider practically everyone on that list hasn't come close to what GR did last year. So what if sack numbers are unstable year to year. You have to be **** good to get 15 sacks in a season. No one gets 15 sacks by fluke.

I remember a time last year when GR was in the top 10 in the Heisman race, according to some voters. Obviously we flopped our last two games, but when a DE is anywhere near the top 10 in the Heisman race, it's a **** safe bet he's one of the top 25 DEs in the game.

Advertisement
Maybe they are factoring one being a True Freshman and the other Redshirt Freshman. I don't know. Can't speak for the site. Just dont buy the "they hate miami conspiracy"
I dont Know but it’s dumb logic on their part, didn’t even have him as one of the top 100 players in their rankings in 2019. Whatever it is, it’s dumb logic

That's one take and probably forgot about him somehow.

As Greg turned it on, I heard nothing but respect for his play so I wouldn't say one article equals him being constantly disrespected. That's certainly an overreaction on your part.

There are dudes there from Nevada, App State, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion and not one, but TWO guys from Buffalo.

Are you telling me Buffalo is more of an NFL factory than UM?

This is a total slight on Greg by some hack wannabe website.
Maybe he was on drugs but I'm sure buffalo has a better super star NFL player and we don't.

Good thread to go back to in a couple of years and see where they get drafted. 15 will be no lower than top 5, probably top 2.

Advertisement
Why can't we just refer to players by name and not some trendy letter number combination that actually takes more time and has more syllables?

Possibly on PFF ratings. You're acting like every single publication has Roche rated #1. You made it seem like Roche did absolutely nothing prior to this year, which was incorrect

Na it would be a let down and he would be a one year wonder. Roches sack totals doubled for one season and you posted about not trusting outlier seasons. When the context is "number one returning pass rusher" he is pretty much a one year wonder.

I dont Know but it’s dumb logic on their part, didn’t even have him as one of the top 100 players in their rankings in 2019. Whatever it is, it’s dumb logic
Roussau 13 games 34 solo tackles 20 assisted 19.5 TFL and 15.5 sacks
Thibodueaux 13 games 24 solo 11 assisted 14 TFL and 9 sacks.

Not Saying one is better than the other but a little consistency would be nice, no?

Advertisement
It means that he isn't generating enough pressures. He has a lower number of pressures generated, but converted more into sacks. There's no conspiracy it's based off of their data. They aren't impressed by the pure sack numbers because they can be a bit lucky.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back