Why is GR15 constantly disrespected?

They explained at the end of the article why he wasn’t on the list. Said they don’t look at sack numbers purely, which are unstable

Advertisement
But Roche is #1 being pretty much a one year wonder.
You guys really need to watch the play instead of just stats. Rousseau should be in the top 25 or whatever but he's running almost exclusively off athleticism and length right now. His most comfortable position to rush from at the moment is interior because he hasn't really figured out how to use his tools to the best of his ability (which should be scary for opposing OTs if he does figure it out). Most of his sacks last year were hustle plays not him cleanly beating the OT like a Young or Bosa or any of these top rated draft DEs. Roche on the other hand, although not as physically gifted as Rousseau, is someone who has figured out how to use his hands and length and to combine with that has pretty freaky bend from the little I've seen of him. I think Rousseau has one of the highest ceilings in the nation but if you watch him on a snap to snap basis he doesn't create as much havoc as the stats would suggest. I'm sure his pressure numbers are moderately low for a player with that many sacks.

You guys really need to watch the play instead of just stats. Rousseau should be in the top 25 or whatever but he's running almost exclusively off athleticism and length right now. His most comfortable position to rush from at the moment is interior because he hasn't really figured out how to use his tools to the best of his ability (which should be scary for opposing OTs if he does figure it out). Most of his sacks last year were hustle plays not him cleanly beating the OT like a Young or Bosa or any of these top rated draft DEs. Roche on the other hand, although not as physically gifted as Rousseau, is someone who has figured out how to use his hands and length and to combine with that has pretty freaky bend from the little I've seen of him. I think Rousseau has one of the highest ceilings in the nation but if you watch him on a snap to snap basis he doesn't create as much havoc as the stats would suggest. I'm sure his pressure numbers are moderately low for a player with that many sacks.
I agree He obviously has room to grow and is still raw but are the rest of these guys finished products? No, but they aren’t either and aren’t getting left off of that list. I disagree That he doesn’t provide as much havoc as his stats suggest, he barley played the first 5 games so his havoc per snap rate had to have been extremely high. And it’s a stretch to say that most of his sacks where just on hustle plays, uf sack, unc sack , va tech sack, cmu sack, 2 of FSU’s sacks, smu sack and a few others wasn’t on hustle plays. He cleanly beat his guys on those specific plays. But what I’m saying is that he got a good amount on both. Regardless hustle sacks shows motor so that’s a good thing

Last edited:

No where to be found on this list.
Roche is #1
Well I mean if PFF.com is saying it, it must be fact.

When are y’all gonna stop posting this garbage from nobody sites like this as if it’s the be-all, end-all. This is one clown from some no-name website. Relax.

Advertisement
Simple they didn't realize we had monsters until it was proven. Same like any upstart beast program. U have to become a NFL factory before they start picking u consistently...they can't ignore those evals every year.

There are dudes there from Nevada, App State, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion and not one, but TWO guys from Buffalo.

Are you telling me Buffalo is more of an NFL factory than UM?

This is a total slight on Greg by some hack wannabe website.

Simple they didn't realize we had monsters until it was proven. Same like any upstart beast program. U have to become a NFL factory before they start picking u consistently...they can't ignore those evals every year.

Uh, we were an NFL factory at that time, even with the NCAA sanction nonsense, we had won four titles and were still sending talent to the league...that won't fly.

False. Just cuz you havent heard of him. He had 7 and 3 FF sacks in 17, 6 and 2 FF in 18, and 13 this year. 49 and 57 tackles also. Thats multiple years of playing the position well

If Greg's next two seasons mirrored Roche's first two would he be the number one in the nation?

Greg will be more respected when his run stopping abilities develop more and he shows he can put two good seasons together.

Advertisement
If Greg's next two seasons mirrored Roche's first two would he be the number one in the nation?

Possibly on PFF ratings. You're acting like every single publication has Roche rated #1. You made it seem like Roche did absolutely nothing prior to this year, which was incorrect

Let’s hope Roche rubs off on GR15 the right way because if he does, that kid is going to dominate college football in much the same way as Chase did in 2019.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Greg will be more respected when his run stopping abilities develop more and he shows he can put two good seasons together.
His run stopping ability not bad though. I agree He has to put together another good season

Last edited:
Because people are tired of Miami and their one hit wonders.

GR15 had a great season. He however needs to continue to improve and continue to dominate.

Very simple. 8 games isnt enough for the country to recognize who you are
That's a reason to put 25 guys ahead of him? Do you think all of them have a more proven track record than GR? Yeah, he's just had one great season, but how many guys on that list have had a season like Greg just had? How many of those guys don't have to improve? How many of them have shown signs of dominance?

It's a bad list, period. You can't leave off the guy that would have lead the nation in sacks if he'd have started from day 1. So what if his sample size is small, because his dominance sample is as good as anyone in the country.

That's a reason to put 25 guys ahead of him? Do you think all of them have a more proven track record than GR? Yeah, he's just had one great season, but how many guys on that list have had a season like Greg just had? How many of those guys don't have to improve? How many of them have shown signs of dominance?

It's a bad list, period. You can't leave off the guy that would have lead the nation in sacks if he'd have started from day 1. So what if his sample size is small, because his dominance sample is as good as anyone in the country.

"Miami’s pass rush was its greatest strength last year, and that’ll likely be the case once again with Roche on the roster (yes, Gregory Rousseau is not on this list — don’t trust the sack numbers that are unstable year-to-year)."

Direct quote from the article that tells you why he isn't on there. People need to stop with the conspiracy against Miami BS

Advertisement
Back