Why I trust Coach D'Onofrio....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize they beat us with 5 plays all day right

PA Fake Bootleg t o TE SInkovic & Miller (80 yards)
WR slant& WR outto 83 Amidon (149 yards)
RB screen & RB Flare to 20(163 yards)

Thats 390 yards on 4 plays to 4 average players with no half time adjustments..that doesnt scare you??

The inability of our LB's to cover is yet again a major concern, I'm pretty sure their RB's are still open underneath.

Tyrone Cornelius needs to find a seat on the bench and that will improve our LB coverage greatly

Advertisement
Were you guys watching the game? Did you not see the lb(31) blow coverage on one of them and ss(22) on the other? they were both blown coverages, and on the one leaked play by the fullback that was actually McGee blowing coverage and totally biting on play action, they motioned away from him and he rolled up over the TE and then went with him over the middle as the back floated into the back side flat!

I will admit after the first couple of series I was ****ed with the defense, but as the game went on I started to see the changes the staff was making and noticing how the players were not making plays. As a coach you can only put them in position to make plays you cant make them for the players.

I would not be surprised to see some changes in the depth chart, including rodgers and cornelius being demoted. Rodgers may hold on because we have a running qb coming in and we need a better tackler but he will lose his spot to Bush before its over. You will also start to see both bush and jenkins at safetys when its an obvious passing down as VT is a liability in coverage and does not know how to play the ball. Cornelius may not see the field again unless on specials. If we had not lost Kirby I do not think we would have ever seen him anyway. That kid looked slow as heck in space and even worse against the run. I did think that Armbrister looked fairly good for a kid that just moved to lb. He is pretty solid against the run. I would like to see the starting lbs be Perryman, Gaines and EJ, with a sprinkling of Buch and Armbrister.

Rodgers is not a good tackler. That dude is out there trying to tackle helmets and ****.

The biggest issue is how utterly lost the defense looked in zone. Cornelius, Armbrister, and Johnson were the biggest culprits in BC hitting big plays to their backs. Kacey Rodgers didn't help matters either.

On the bright side, this was the first significant playing time for all of those guys ever, so hopefully a week in the film room will help them figure out their assignments.

One thing is for sure, the defense is definitely missing Kirby, Paul, Porter, and even Armstrong.

Advertisement
I think we're pointing the finger in the wrong direction; Franklin is the guy who needs to be criticized because its his unit that's making it hard on everybody else. No pressure, no sacks in 51 pass attempts; that's pathetic.

They did beat us with 4 or 5 plays, and that's whats concerning everyone. However, if the DL is applying pressure, a lot of that stuff they were running won't work. I'm on record as saying I do not believe Franklin is a good coach, and I'm standing on that til I'm proved wrong.

But, I'll take the win......

Lol at the same tired "be aggressive, **** it" arguments when the defense does a great job of not giving up tds

Let's hire Jon Tenuta and blitz every **** play.

You can't mask a lack of talent and inexperience with exotic blitzes and ****. We have 12 first/second year players on the defensive line, new LBs who don't know where to be, and a young secondary.

It's going to take time.

Advertisement
I just rewatched the game we played the exact same defense Boston College played... Do you think they have the same athletes we do? No they dont we should not be playing this zone every freaking play..

You can't mask a lack of talent and inexperience with exotic blitzes and ****. We have 12 first/second year players on the defensive line, new LBs who don't know where to be, and a young secondary.

It's going to take time.

I hear you able... my argument is if we had 11 seniors on defense and a boatload of nfl draft picks we would still be playing this defense..you know im right..onofrio has to go

It's going to take time.

I hear you able... my argument is if we had 11 seniors on defense and a boatload of nfl draft picks we would still be playing this defense..you know im right..onofrio has to go

What kind of defense should we be playing?

People hated Shannon's cover 2 man under schemes, but now that's supposed to fix our problems?

D'Onofrio's scheme will work fine when guys can get off blocks, and linebackers and safeties know who they're supposed to cover.

McGee blew his assignment on at least two of the RB rollout plays.

Just like last year, the D will get significantly better. I'm more concerned about D'Onofrio having two consecutive poor showings in season openers than I am about the defense for the rest of the season. We will improve, starting with KSU. But will we have the same types of growing pains next year?

Also, a lot of inexperienced players on the two deep. Plus McGee and Telemaque, whose entire careers have been dedicated to ******* up. Plus a weak D-Line playing a very strong O-Line.

Advertisement

It's going to take time.

What kind of defense should we be playing?

People hated Shannon's cover 2 man under schemes, but now that's supposed to fix our problems?

D'Onofrio's scheme will work fine when guys can get off blocks, and linebackers and safeties know who they're supposed to cover.

Thats the problem you think their are only two defenses.. there are many types of zones..many types of man...the one we run sucks donkey balls......... How about bring the safety down and leave one safety over the top? What wrs were we scared of that we had to play our safeties so deep...

A large amount of their big plays came on mental errors instead of beating us physically.

Guys either going the wrong way, completely selling out on play fakes, or being in the wrong place. Frustrating.

BC was held to FGs, goal line stand in the 4th, and there was also more takeaways than giveaways....oh and the Canes won too.

Bunch of ******* up in here.

Advertisement
BC was held to FGs, goal line stand in the 4th, and there was also more takeaways than giveaways....oh and the Canes won too.

Bunch of ******* up in here.

+rep

We won, and there are more threads *****ing about D'Onofrio and the DL than there are about Duke Johnson, Morris, and Perryman.

I honestly think that my the end of this season we may have bush and Jenkins starting, and we will be much improved.

That's such a stupid way to look at things. "Oh we won so nothing is wrong and nothing can be improved upon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back