Why I trust Coach D'Onofrio....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sky Cane

6th Year Senior
Am I happy with the way the Defense looks.......of course not. Do I wish we were a little more aggressive in with the blitz, play more man to man......yes.

I give him somewhat of a pass getting jumped on early....BC new Offensive coordinator and scheme and all. I feel they got knocked back on their heels to start the game.

The reason I have faith in Coach D, is because I have faith in Al Golden.

You can't tell me Coach Golden doesn't sign off on everything from scheme, to game plan, on a week to week basis. Golden is a former D coordinator and has his hands all over this program, in every aspect.

We have a young defense and I can only hope in a couple years when these kids get some experience we can get back to a dominating and attacking defense. Unfortunately, until our coaches feel confident our kids can get it done from a schematic and execution standpoint, it will probably be more "Bend don't Break".

Golden isn't getting rid of D'Onofrio........so those of you that are calling for it, don't hold your breath.

Advertisement
Big Sky O'nofrio is Goldens best friend.... You ride with your best friend right or wrong no matter what.. He is clouded from making the right decision because its his best friend... He was his best man at his wedding. Even the best coaches make horrible decisions sometimes.. He needs to learn from this necause onofrio will be his downfall.. Bros over wins I guess

I don't doubt they are best friends....just saying this is Golden's defense, not D'Onofrio's

He is what he is, I doubt the scheme will change much with D'onofrio

You do realize they beat us with 5 plays all day right

PA Fake Bootleg t o TE SInkovic & Miller (80 yards)
WR slant& WR outto 83 Amidon (149 yards)
RB screen & RB Flare to 20(163 yards)

Thats 390 yards on 4 plays to 4 average players with no half time adjustments..that doesnt scare you??

Advertisement
We shut the slant down after the first couple, and picked one and returned it for 6. What are you talking about?

and that's the only play we shut down. everything else continued. was too vanilla through three quarters and we did blitz it was in obvious situations. extremely disappointed in the defensive coaching

/pleasantly surprised with Kehoe's coaching of the offensive line. no one is talking about him. i guess that's a good thing

I hope he comes up with some blitzes that actually work. Yesterday was a demonstration of a poor job of disguising blitzes. He ran one blitz with two guys lined up over the slot wr, lulz. The qb identified it, pre-snap, every single time. I did like that he was willing to utilize his personnel (rolling Deon Bush down to the LOS to blitz, right before the snap).

Last edited:
We shut the slant down after the first couple, and picked one and returned it for 6. What are you talking about?

They got 2 more catches after that and then we dropped our line backers deeper then they threw to the running back. How and the **** does a running back have 8 catches for 163 yards? Please tell me mane.. This is really unbelieveable

Advertisement

They got 2 more catches after that and then we dropped our line backers deeper then they threw to the running back. How and the **** does a running back have 8 catches for 163 yards? Please tell me mane.. This is really unbelieveable

That's on the players. Guys didn't pass off receivers properly once they hit a certain depth, or ignored players leaking out of the backfield altogether.

If you think the zone is designed to leave backside PA wide open with no contain, you're wrong.

I hope he comes up with some blitzes that actually work. Yesterday was a demonstration of a poor job of disguising blitzes. He ran one blitz with two guys lined up over the slot wr, lulz. The qb identified it, pre-snap, every single time. I did like that he was willing to utilize his personnel (rolling Deon Bush, down to the LOS to blitz, right before the snap).

We haven't had a defense capable of blitzing properly since Rolle left. I don't get it.

What exactly is Coach D supposed to do with an awful dline, mediocre linebackers and an inexperienced secondary?

Advertisement

Thats 390 yards on 4 plays to 4 average players with no half time adjustments..that doesnt scare you??

What scares me is the fact that our defensive line looks to be pretty bad, **** near helpless really. If you can't get anything from your defensive line, you are ****ed period.

This is what scares the **** outta me.

How hard is it to get a LB to cover the wheel? Why stay in zone when they haven't gotten deep on you once?

Advertisement
I find that talent dictate a lot of what coaches can do. We have huge holes everywhere. We played a ton of players, most of them new, on the road, against an opponent we had no film on. I'll take the W and go on with my life.

The inability of our LB's to cover is yet again a major concern, I'm pretty sure their RB's are still open underneath.

What scares me is the fact that our defensive line looks to be pretty bad, **** near helpless really. If you can't get anything from your defensive line, you are ****ed period.[/QUOTE]

Good point bro.It's the 1st game of the year, and we have a lot of guys on D who not only are making their first starts,but also seeing college football live on the field.That said, I wish coach D would take the wheels off and just play aggressive,**** it, play man to man and send 5 or 6 on the rush throughout the game.That bend but don't break **** is hard to watch.You can't be out of position on man to man,either you beat him or he beats you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back